IGN Video Review

#1 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -

I'm interested.

#2 Edited by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

A 12 year old could have done a better review! Aside from Jason Ocampo, I can't think of a single talented journalist there. *Shakes head in bewilderment and then walks away*

#3 Posted by GioVANNI (1285 posts) -

Lol at Wii Speak.  Just give us a headset!  I don't think anyone wants to connect their entire room, with another.

#4 Posted by GioVANNI (1285 posts) -

What's sad is that you could cut and paste "The Legend of Zelda" or "Mario" into half the places where this review reads "Animal Crossing" and you'd have a perfectly accurate review, but a different score entirely.

Mario's gone virtually nowhere since the N64, and every single post-Ocarina Zelda game has essentially been a carbon rehash of their successful predecessor. Nintendo's stagnancy and unwillingness (inability?) to create and innovate doesn't stop here—it's positively epidemic in their first-party development.

Can this crap, and stop supporting a company that's been resting on their laurels and selling software based solely on nostalgia for the past decade. Pathetic.

#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I have no idea who this reviewer is, but he doesn't seem to be the greatest speaker...at least compared to other video reviews that I've seen. Not the best review. "Played it safe." <--- I hate that phrase.

#6 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
GioVANNI said:
"What's sad is that you could cut and paste "The Legend of Zelda" or "Mario" into half the places where this review reads "Animal Crossing" and you'd have a perfectly accurate review, but a different score entirely.

Mario's gone virtually nowhere since the N64, and every single post-Ocarina Zelda game has essentially been a carbon rehash of their successful predecessor. Nintendo's stagnancy and unwillingness (inability?) to create and innovate doesn't stop here—it's positively epidemic in their first-party development.

Can this crap, and stop supporting a company that's been resting on their laurels and selling software based solely on nostalgia for the past decade. Pathetic."

Majora's Mask is very different from Ocarina of Time...and so is The Wind Waker, for that matter. I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, it's still in the wrapping, but as far as I am concerned the trend of labeling each LoZ game as a clone of its predecessor is very overrated.
#7 Posted by GioVANNI (1285 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"GioVANNI said:
"What's sad is that you could cut and paste "The Legend of Zelda" or "Mario" into half the places where this review reads "Animal Crossing" and you'd have a perfectly accurate review, but a different score entirely.

Can this crap, and stop supporting a company that's been resting on their laurels and selling software based solely on nostalgia for the past decade. Pathetic."

Majora's Mask is very different from Ocarina of Time...and so is The Wind Waker, for that matter. I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, it's still in the wrapping, but as far as I am concerned the trend of labeling each LoZ game as a clone of its predecessor is very overrated."
Majora's Mask may be unique in it's own way, but that doesn't differ from the fact that NOTHING has changed in it's formula.
#8 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
GioVANNI said:

It's called "level design."
#9 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
GioVANNI said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"GioVANNI said:

Majora's Mask is very different from Ocarina of Time...and so is The Wind Waker, for that matter. I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, it's still in the wrapping, but as far as I am concerned the trend of labeling each LoZ game as a clone of its predecessor is very overrated."
Majora's Mask may be unique in it's own way, but that doesn't differ from the fact that NOTHING has changed in it's formula."

Uh...

What? The entire game is different! Ugh, I am way too tired to argue this but I'm having a hard time comprehending how someone who has played both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask could say they are the same game.
#10 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"GioVANNI said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"GioVANNI said:

Majora's Mask may be unique in it's own way, but that doesn't differ from the fact that NOTHING has changed in it's formula."

Uh...

What? The entire game is different! Ugh, I am way too tired to argue this but I'm having a hard time comprehending how someone who has played both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask could say they are the same game."
He probably hasn't played both, like me, but I'm not waving your finger you must have been out your head . . .
? Oh, The Pot.
#11 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

I'll watch later

Im getting closer and closer to buying a wii

#12 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
GioVANNI said:
"Can this crap, and stop supporting a company that's been resting on their laurels and selling software based solely on nostalgia for the past decade. Pathetic."
You mean like Square-Enix? Or Capcom? Or Konami? Or Sega?
#13 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"A 12 year old could have done a better review! Aside from Jason Ocampo, I can't think of a single talented journalist there. *Shakes head in bewilderment and then walks away*"
The IGN guys rock, I love the Nintendo team, Bozon, Matt, Craig, and Daemon are good peoples.
#14 Posted by GioVANNI (1285 posts) -
Emilio said:
"GioVANNI said:
"Can this crap, and stop supporting a company that's been resting on their laurels and selling software based solely on nostalgia for the past decade. Pathetic."
You mean like Square-Enix? Or Capcom? Or Konami? Or Sega?"
Honestly, yes...
#15 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"GioVANNI said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"GioVANNI said:

Uh...

What? The entire game is different! Ugh, I am way too tired to argue this but I'm having a hard time comprehending how someone who has played both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask could say they are the same game."
He probably hasn't played both, like me, but I'm not waving your finger you must have been out your head . . .
? Oh, The Pot.
"

What?
#16 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
GioVANNI said:
"Emilio said:
"GioVANNI said:
Honestly, yes..."
Well, then, we have an issue not with Nintendo, but with game companies.
#17 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I don't know about this game.  Looks like a decent offering, but clearly it is not original in almost every way.

#18 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
SpinCookie said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"A 12 year old could have done a better review! Aside from Jason Ocampo, I can't think of a single talented journalist there. *Shakes head in bewilderment and then walks away*"
The IGN guys rock, I love the Nintendo team, Bozon, Matt, Craig, and Daemon are good peoples."

I'm not attacking his character, I'm saying that this doesn't seem to be the best job for him.
#19 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
SpinCookie said:
"BiggerBomb said:
The IGN guys rock, I love the Nintendo team, Bozon, Matt, Craig, and Daemon are good peoples."
I also like them, and I catch their podcast every time it's up. I will say that Craig isn't the best reviewer there, though.
#20 Posted by GioVANNI (1285 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"GioVANNI said:
"Emilio said:
"GioVANNI said:
Honestly, yes..."
Well, then, we have an issue not with Nintendo, but with game companies."
Game companies that aren't delivering with new interesting content, but companies that are relying on nostalgia, yes.
#21 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
GioVANNI said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"GioVANNI said:
"Emilio said:
"GioVANNI said:
Honestly, yes..."
Game companies that aren't delivering with new interesting content, but companies that are relying on nostalgia, yes."
I think this is mostly a problem with Japanese video game companies.
#22 Posted by GioVANNI (1285 posts) -
Emilio said:
"GioVANNI said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"GioVANNI said:
"Emilio said:
"GioVANNI said:
Honestly, yes..."
Game companies that aren't delivering with new interesting content, but companies that are relying on nostalgia, yes."
I think this is mostly a problem with Japanese video game companies."
Yeah, kind of.
#23 Posted by ManMadeGod (1552 posts) -
BlackWaterCO said:
"I'll watch later

Im getting closer and closer to buying a wii"
If you really want to play animal crossing just pick it up for the DS; they added nothing at all for the Wii version: disgusting.
#24 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Still getting it, always was, this is Animal Crossing after all.

See you all online.

EDIT: (2hrs)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.