Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 16, 2008

Animal Crossing comes to the Wii as a sequel to the original GameCube and DS versions. Featuring a host of new features such as improved online play, a new voice chat option through the use of Wii Speak, a city for players to visit,and new holidays.

IGN Video Review

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I'm interested.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

A 12 year old could have done a better review! Aside from Jason Ocampo, I can't think of a single talented journalist there. *Shakes head in bewilderment and then walks away*

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By GioVANNI

Lol at Wii Speak.  Just give us a headset!  I don't think anyone wants to connect their entire room, with another.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GioVANNI

What's sad is that you could cut and paste "The Legend of Zelda" or "Mario" into half the places where this review reads "Animal Crossing" and you'd have a perfectly accurate review, but a different score entirely.

Mario's gone virtually nowhere since the N64, and every single post-Ocarina Zelda game has essentially been a carbon rehash of their successful predecessor. Nintendo's stagnancy and unwillingness (inability?) to create and innovate doesn't stop here—it's positively epidemic in their first-party development.

Can this crap, and stop supporting a company that's been resting on their laurels and selling software based solely on nostalgia for the past decade. Pathetic.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kush

I have no idea who this reviewer is, but he doesn't seem to be the greatest speaker...at least compared to other video reviews that I've seen. Not the best review. "Played it safe." <--- I hate that phrase.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb
    GioVANNI said:
    "What's sad is that you could cut and paste "The Legend of Zelda" or "Mario" into half the places where this review reads "Animal Crossing" and you'd have a perfectly accurate review, but a different score entirely.

Mario's gone virtually nowhere since the N64, and every single post-Ocarina Zelda game has essentially been a carbon rehash of their successful predecessor. Nintendo's stagnancy and unwillingness (inability?) to create and innovate doesn't stop here—it's positively epidemic in their first-party development.

Can this crap, and stop supporting a company that's been resting on their laurels and selling software based solely on nostalgia for the past decade. Pathetic."

Majora's Mask is very different from Ocarina of Time...and so is The Wind Waker, for that matter. I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, it's still in the wrapping, but as far as I am concerned the trend of labeling each LoZ game as a clone of its predecessor is very overrated.
    GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GioVANNI
    BiggerBomb said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    "What's sad is that you could cut and paste "The Legend of Zelda" or "Mario" into half the places where this review reads "Animal Crossing" and you'd have a perfectly accurate review, but a different score entirely.

Can this crap, and stop supporting a company that's been resting on their laurels and selling software based solely on nostalgia for the past decade. Pathetic."

Majora's Mask is very different from Ocarina of Time...and so is The Wind Waker, for that matter. I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, it's still in the wrapping, but as far as I am concerned the trend of labeling each LoZ game as a clone of its predecessor is very overrated."
    Majora's Mask may be unique in it's own way, but that doesn't differ from the fact that NOTHING has changed in it's formula.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    GioVANNI said:

It's called "level design."
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiggerBomb
    GioVANNI said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "GioVANNI said:

Majora's Mask is very different from Ocarina of Time...and so is The Wind Waker, for that matter. I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, it's still in the wrapping, but as far as I am concerned the trend of labeling each LoZ game as a clone of its predecessor is very overrated."
    Majora's Mask may be unique in it's own way, but that doesn't differ from the fact that NOTHING has changed in it's formula."

Uh...

What? The entire game is different! Ugh, I am way too tired to argue this but I'm having a hard time comprehending how someone who has played both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask could say they are the same game.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    BiggerBomb said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "GioVANNI said:

Majora's Mask may be unique in it's own way, but that doesn't differ from the fact that NOTHING has changed in it's formula."

Uh...

What? The entire game is different! Ugh, I am way too tired to argue this but I'm having a hard time comprehending how someone who has played both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask could say they are the same game."
    He probably hasn't played both, like me, but I'm not waving your finger you must have been out your head . . .
    ? Oh, The Pot.
    BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By BlackWaterCO

I'll watch later

Im getting closer and closer to buying a wii

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Emilio
    GioVANNI said:
    "Can this crap, and stop supporting a company that's been resting on their laurels and selling software based solely on nostalgia for the past decade. Pathetic."
    You mean like Square-Enix? Or Capcom? Or Konami? Or Sega?
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By SpinCookie
    BiggerBomb said:
    "A 12 year old could have done a better review! Aside from Jason Ocampo, I can't think of a single talented journalist there. *Shakes head in bewilderment and then walks away*"
    The IGN guys rock, I love the Nintendo team, Bozon, Matt, Craig, and Daemon are good peoples.
    GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GioVANNI
    Emilio said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    "Can this crap, and stop supporting a company that's been resting on their laurels and selling software based solely on nostalgia for the past decade. Pathetic."
    You mean like Square-Enix? Or Capcom? Or Konami? Or Sega?"
    Honestly, yes...
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "GioVANNI said:

Uh...

What? The entire game is different! Ugh, I am way too tired to argue this but I'm having a hard time comprehending how someone who has played both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask could say they are the same game."
    He probably hasn't played both, like me, but I'm not waving your finger you must have been out your head . . .
    ? Oh, The Pot.
    "

What?
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    GioVANNI said:
    "Emilio said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    Honestly, yes..."
    Well, then, we have an issue not with Nintendo, but with game companies.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By RHCPfan24

I don't know about this game.  Looks like a decent offering, but clearly it is not original in almost every way.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
    SpinCookie said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "A 12 year old could have done a better review! Aside from Jason Ocampo, I can't think of a single talented journalist there. *Shakes head in bewilderment and then walks away*"
    The IGN guys rock, I love the Nintendo team, Bozon, Matt, Craig, and Daemon are good peoples."

I'm not attacking his character, I'm saying that this doesn't seem to be the best job for him.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    SpinCookie said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    The IGN guys rock, I love the Nintendo team, Bozon, Matt, Craig, and Daemon are good peoples."
    I also like them, and I catch their podcast every time it's up. I will say that Craig isn't the best reviewer there, though.
    GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GioVANNI
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    "Emilio said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    Honestly, yes..."
    Well, then, we have an issue not with Nintendo, but with game companies."
    Game companies that aren't delivering with new interesting content, but companies that are relying on nostalgia, yes.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Emilio
    GioVANNI said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    "Emilio said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    Honestly, yes..."
    Game companies that aren't delivering with new interesting content, but companies that are relying on nostalgia, yes."
    I think this is mostly a problem with Japanese video game companies.
    GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GioVANNI
    Emilio said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    "Emilio said:
    "GioVANNI said:
    Honestly, yes..."
    Game companies that aren't delivering with new interesting content, but companies that are relying on nostalgia, yes."
    I think this is mostly a problem with Japanese video game companies."
    Yeah, kind of.
    ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#23  Edited By ManMadeGod
    BlackWaterCO said:
    "I'll watch later

Im getting closer and closer to buying a wii"
    If you really want to play animal crossing just pick it up for the DS; they added nothing at all for the Wii version: disgusting.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Linkyshinks

Still getting it, always was, this is Animal Crossing after all.

See you all online.

EDIT: (2hrs)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.