Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Antichamber

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 31, 2013

A first-person exploration/puzzle game set within a boldly-colored world with a focus on non-euclidean geometry and optical illusions.

Official Antichamber puzzle hint thread!

• 182 results
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Bollard

This game is totally Fez all over again for me, and I'm loving it.

I'm deep, I've been playing since it came out about 6 hours ago now. I think I've finally reached a puzzle which I can't solve, involving an empty room (to the north of Falling Forward). If you think you know the one I mean, here's a more detailed discussion of the sequence of puzzles leading up to it:

There was a room with two boxes, inside were those balls that move depending on your speed. They caused some white cubes to disappear depending on their movement, turning off some blue switches and turning on green ones and opening closing a double door. A couple more puzzles (including one with a springy platform as a trampoline to go up) and then this room.

aa
    I dont wanna turn the game off because that ball green/blue door puzzle was pure luck when I solved it :(
    I dont wanna turn the game off because that ball green/blue door puzzle was pure luck when I solved it :(
    WHAT DO I EVEN DO HERE
    WHAT DO I EVEN DO HERE

A note: Try to keep this thread as SPOILER FREE as possible. Use spoiler blocks, and tags for images and such, and remember this is a hint thread, not an answer thread (unless you're really desperate :P )

Table of hints...

Room NameHint
    Four different exits
    • You'll come back to the room three times, each after getting a new ability. There may be nothing to do there until you progress elsewhere.
    • Possibly a solution:
    • If I remember correctly, you enter at the ground level, use the yellow + small block to get to the 2nd level, use the yellow -> small -> yellow -> large blocks to reach the 3rd, and then use yellow -> small -> yellow -> large -> yellow (move it again, higher than the large block) to make the jump. I know for a fact that I didn't bring any additional blocks into the mist cage, so it has to be that combination. If that doesn't do it, maybe I moved the yellow block while standing on top of it, though I don't remember doing that. Good luck!
    Chain Reaction
    • Think of each green track as fuses. The longer the track, the longer the fuse, which means that it will take longer to reach the end. Maybe you could strech the fuses to make their lengths match in the same spot?
    • Warning, the following is a SOLUTION not a HINT:
    • The developer has written on the Steam forums that he intended the puzzle to be solved by counting the number of blocks in each green fuse, and then laying out extended fuses that equalize the block length. I didn't do that. I connected each fuse to a central, long chain of blocks and then disconnected each by order of longest -> shortest. It took four rapid right clicks, but it worked for me. Good luck with this one. It might be made easier in an upcoming patch. Again, alternately, wait for the Yellow Gun and pull the fuses from their lasers.
    Lighting the Fuse
    • Warning, the following is a SOLUTION not a HINT:
    • Notice how chains of blocks tend to disintegrate if you remove one? They disintegrate along the smaller side. I took this room one door at a time. So to solve this it, extend a chain out from each block (in order of the doors they control) out towards the entrance. As long as the entrance side is longer than the 'fuse' side, the 'fuse' side will burn like a fuse and eventually pop open the door for a split second. Wait inside the entrance to the tunnel, and then remove a block from the 'fuse' chain. Then, turn to the door that's about to open and shoot a block into the door frame to stop it from closing. It takes really close timing, but you'll be able to open each door in order that way. (Alternately, wait until you get the Yellow Gun and pull the fuses from their lasers.)
    A Link to the Past
    • If I remember correctly, I needed to have at least 9 blocks with me (to grow enough to fill the two columns) and the Yellow Gun to manipulate them. I think you can grab the blocks in the attached room Not Enough Pieces, though I can't remember for sure.

Now you see it:
    • If you round the corner to grab the cube, the room changes, if you could bring a cube from earlier, things would be different.
    Many Different Angles
    • I'm guessing you found the West exit and either the North or East dead end. One of the dead ends was really tricky, so I'm guessing that's the one giving you trouble. The key is the porthole at the beginning of the room. Where else have we seen those?
    Laying the Foundation
    • For the kinetic ball/regenerating wall in the middle, you want to run (but not too fast), trying to make an opening in the wall that you can fit through. It'll probably take a few tries.
    Just a little bit shy
    • Remember what you learned with the green gun, you reap what you sow

Hitting a Wall
    • Look down before you jump, then look at the name of the room.
    • Mess around with the puzzle and look to the door to see how it reacts, maybe that will help you
    • There is a connection between green and blue doors, and their switches behaviour.

Things we don't understand yet:

Very late game spoilerish discussion points, so don't peek!

• Pink cubes:
      - what do they do?
      - how many are there?
      +Answer: Nothing, yet. Also Alexander Bruce has no idea how many are in the game.
      +https://twitter.com/Demruth/status/297239960384327680
    • The room to the right of The End:
      - does it exist?
      - how do we get to it?
      +Answer: There is nothing there - yet. Apparently Bruce plans to add more stuff (can't find quote for this).
      +https://twitter.com/Demruth/status/297390312177954816
    • The timer:
      - is there anywhere special you can get before it ends?
      - according to completing the game within the timer has no effect.
    • What is up with the empty room (see pictures above) north of Falling Forward?
      - why do you have to do so many really hard puzzles to get there, when there is nothing there?
      +Answer: They are a hidden set of obscure puzzles. Nothing is at the end yet.
      +https://twitter.com/Demruth/status/297241386082775040
    abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By abendlaender

Any tips on "Four different exits"?

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By leburgan

As a general note, the name of the room isn't a spoiler and can be useful for helping others. Anyone got a tip for A Link to the Past?

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thatdudeguy

@Abendlaender: You'll come back to the room three times, each after getting a new ability. There may be nothing to do there until you progress elsewhere.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By abendlaender

@thatdudeguy:

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I'm even supposed to be there, cause I kinda forced my way through some puzzles in a way that felt wrong.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thatdudeguy

If anyone has figured out If anyone has figured out the final two paths out of the room Laying the Foundation, I'd appreciate any hints in the right direction.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By theimmortalbum

Chain Reaction is giving me fits - I can SEE what to do, I'm just having problems with the execution.

Sliced_Bread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Sliced_Bread

@theimmortalbum said:

Chain Reaction is giving me fits - I can SEE what to do, I'm just having problems with the execution.

Same

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thatdudeguy

@theimmortalbum: @Sliced_Bread: For Chain Reaction:

I don't know if you're fumbling around with building fuses the way I did, but I eventually solved the puzzle by using very few blocks and four quick mouse clicks.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By theimmortalbum

@thatdudeguy: To answer your non-question question.. yes, I am. I'll have to re-think it. I went off and got the Yellow Gun and decided to go check out Pulling Both Ways - which seems impossible, without being able to create more blocks somehow. Bah!!

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By theimmortalbum

@thatdudeguy: Although, I'm thinking maybe my last spoiler is what the inevitable Red Gun does - I've had the specific thought "If only I could somehow pull these blocks through the null zones" several times already, and that's what the Yellow Gun does. Maybe I'm psychic?

Chrisjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chrisjp

I'm stuck with the green gun. Anyone remember where the path to the yellow gun starts? Asking for tips for a specific room is difficult since I have a bunch I don't know how to complete and I'm not sure which ones I ever CAN complete at this point in the game.

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By leburgan

@Chrisjp: Lasers

Chrisjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chrisjp

You mean Too Many Lasers?

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thatdudeguy

@theimmortalbum: You may be, lol. I just finished Impossible Paths! But now I'm totally stuck on every accessible room.

Remaining rooms (that I can access):

• Hitting a Wall (1 exit remaining)
    • Laying the Foundation (2 exits remaining)
    • A Jump Too Far (1 exit remaining)
    • Now You See It (1 exit remaining)
    • Being an Entrepreneur (1 exit remaining)

I may have to sleep on it and try again tomorrow. I've tried everything I can think of in them, and no dice.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By RafaelMei
    thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thatdudeguy

@tankintheair315: For A Link to the Past:

If I remember correctly, I needed to have at least 9 blocks with me (to grow enough to fill the two columns) and the Yellow Gun to manipulate them. I think you can grab the blocks in the attached room Not Enough Pieces, though I can't remember for sure.
    theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By theimmortalbum

Iunno, I got REAL far once I got the Yellow Gun. I have go to bed, though, otherwise I'll be useless at work tomorrow. I've got to say, this game hooked me HARD. I fumbled around the first half hour, and then it all clicked. And damn. Amazing.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By jozzy

I really don't like the part where if I am stuck I don't know if the puzzle is impossible or that I am just dumb. Can someone tell me if Too many lasers is doable with just the blue gun?

Nevermind, got a little further somewhere else.

DrFoxbard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DrFoxbard

Now you see it: If you round the corner to grab the cube, the room changes, if you could bring a cube from earlier, things would be different.

A jump too far: The exit you're missing is likely the one The Exit, near the sign marked The End

Hitting a wall: Look down before you jump, then look at the name of the room.

Laying a foundation: The south exit here is one of the 3 exits I haven't found yet, can't really help, sorry

Being an Entrepreneur: I think this requires the last upgrade to move the cubes in the corner.

All I'm missing is 1 exit each off of laying a foundation, many different angles, and the end, and I don't think The End gets filled in.

DrFoxbard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DrFoxbard

I don't think so... You need to be at least able to move the green cubes, I think.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#22  Edited By metalsnakezero
    RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RafaelMei

I can' find the last exit of "Many Different Angles". It's the last thing I'm missing.

EDIT: I'm missing the same as OP too.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thatdudeguy

@DrFoxbard: Thanks a lot for the hints. I figured out Hitting a Wall shortly after posting, but would never have noticed the solution to Now You See It without your help. I'm down to 2 exits on Laying a Foundation, 1 exit on Being an Entrepreneur, and, of course, The End.

As for Many Different Angles (you didn't explicitly ask for a hint, so this is still very vague): I'm guessing you found the West exit and either the North or East dead end. One of the dead ends was really tricky, so I'm guessing that's the one giving you trouble. The key is the porthole at the beginning of the room. Where else have we seen those?

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RafaelMei
    RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RafaelMei

@thatdudeguy: Nvm, just got it. Thanks for the tip duder!

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thatdudeguy

@Musou: I'm a little fuzzy on what closed one of the two dead ends, but I think

Dead End 1: This is the one I'm unsure about, but I think it triggers by bringing a few blocks through the pink mist (right at the fork) and using them to open the blue box to view the picture.

Dead End 2: This is the one that gave me a lot of trouble. I remembered the portholes in the dark maze and thought they were a hint to focus on them while walking backwards (they may be all over the place elsewhere, I just didn't notice them). That's how to get started on the second dead end here.

Ninja edit: Oops, forgot spoiler block before posting.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RafaelMei

@thatdudeguy:

Yeah, the portholes always meant that, but I guess I never realized it. I always thought they were supposed to be some new mechanic and ended up disregarding them most of the times. The dark maze is probably the place where they're most prominent.
    thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thatdudeguy

Any hints on Laying the Foundation? I'm missing 2 exits there, and can't seem to decipher the white block/kinetic ball contraption in the middle.

Abstract93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Abstract93

@thatdudeguy:
    For the kinetic ball/regenerating wall in the middle, you want to run (but not too fast), trying to make an opening in the wall that you can fit through. It'll probably take a few tries.

Also, in Four Different Exits, anyone have any tips for for how to get to the hall above the entrance hall? As far as I can tell, the biggest box + the yellow cube doesn't give me enough height.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By musubi
    thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thatdudeguy

@Abstract93: Thanks for the hint. I just tried a few times and couldn't get it to work (though I got close). I'll try again tomorrow.

Four Different Exits:

If I remember correctly, you enter at the ground level, use the yellow + small block to get to the 2nd level, use the yellow -> small -> yellow -> large blocks to reach the 3rd, and then use yellow -> small -> yellow -> large -> yellow (move it again, higher than the large block) to make the jump. I know for a fact that I didn't bring any additional blocks into the mist cage, so it has to be that combination. If that doesn't do it, maybe I moved the yellow block while standing on top of it, though I don't remember doing that. Good luck!
    thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thatdudeguy
    DrFoxbard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DrFoxbard

Arg... I walked into every wall EXCEPT the right one backwards, and I thought I had walked into that one as well, ah well, thanks.

My map is now complete besides one exit that I think doesn't get filled in.

I'm going to sleep, tomorrow I'll try and give some more hints, and I'm going to find the last 4 or 5 poster things I am missing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I REALLY need help on Chain Reaction and Lighting the Fuse...

I can see what I need to do on Chain Reaction but I guess there's a faster way with less math? And Lighting the Fuse I have literally no idea what to do, I'm just slamming my head against a wall.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thatdudeguy

@InfamousBIG: Chain Reaction and Lighting the Fuse solution strategies below:

You should know that, at least the way I solved them, these two puzzles required really tight timing. That's unlike every other room in the game (except for Laying Foundations.) If you don't pull it off, it isn't necessarily that your logic is bad, just that the timing was off. I'm not a huge fan of either of these.

Lighting the Fuse: Notice how chains of blocks tend to disintegrate if you remove one? They disintegrate along the smaller side. I took this room one door at a time. So to solve this it, extend a chain out from each block (in order of the doors they control) out towards the entrance. As long as the entrance side is longer than the 'fuse' side, the 'fuse' side will burn like a fuse and eventually pop open the door for a split second. Wait inside the entrance to the tunnel, and then remove a block from the 'fuse' chain. Then, turn to the door that's about to open and shoot a block into the door frame to stop it from closing. It takes really close timing, but you'll be able to open each door in order that way. (Alternately, wait until you get the Yellow Gun and pull the fuses from their lasers.)

Chain Reaction: The developer has written on the Steam forums that he intended the puzzle to be solved by counting the number of blocks in each green fuse, and then laying out extended fuses that equalize the block length. I didn't do that. I connected each fuse to a central, long chain of blocks and then disconnected each by order of longest -> shortest. It took four rapid right clicks, but it worked for me. Good luck with this one. It might be made easier in an upcoming patch. Again, alternately, wait for the Yellow Gun and pull the fuses from their lasers.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bollard

@Musou:

Are you talking about the room with the balls? Or the door with the green beam? I brute forced the room with the balls by messing around until I got lucky.

@tankintheair315 said:

As a general note, the name of the room isn't a spoiler and can be useful for helping others. Anyone got a tip for A Link to the Past?

Ah, I didn't think of that, that's a good idea. Sadly the puzzle I was referring to isn't in a room, rather a dead end. I could add the name of the room it's north of however. Will look it up when I'm home later.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By thatdudeguy

@Chavtheworld:

I'm talking about the room with a white cube containing a kinetic ball. I think Musou's solution works, but after a few minutes of trying I couldn't disintigrate enough of the wall to walk through. The room name is Laying the Foundation.
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bollard

@thatdudeguy: I know the room you are talking about, but I was replying to Musou's reply to me on the first page regarding my OP.

Zanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By Zanda

I'm also stuck on that empty room, i'm starting to think there is no solution.

I've got all the pictures and completed the map except for one path to the right of 'The end'. Has anyone found where that leads or is it supposed to just be left like that?

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By theimmortalbum

@jozzy said:

I really don't like the part where if I am stuck I don't know if the puzzle is impossible or that I am just dumb. Can someone tell me if Too many lasers is doable with just the blue gun?

Without spoiling too much, there's a concept in the game that once you get, you'll instantly know what puzzles you will be able to do and which you won't.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By abendlaender

@thatdudeguy said:

@theimmortalbum: @Sliced_Bread: For Chain Reaction:

I don't know if you're fumbling around with building fuses the way I did, but I eventually solved the puzzle by using very few blocks and four quick mouse clicks.

I'm stuck in this room and I'm think I'll go stupiderer every nimute. I felt so smart when I got into this room and now look at me.....argh

Edit: Okay, I just kinda "cavemaned" my way through that one, and now I'm stuck on Pulling both ways. Whatever. I accomplished something today

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Optix12

Just have the end to go and I have a strong feeling: The timer may be involved with that

Also im not sure if its that completely blank empty room u guys found earlier but: When i look at the map through the glass on the "exit" side i have two blank squares that arent connected to anything but besidse "the end" i have no more teleports or anything to find.

Edit: remove spoiler block, i have issues with a line of spoilers and highlighting them so have to create a block then remove it.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jozzy

@theimmortalbum said:

@jozzy said:

Without spoiling too much, there's a concept in the game that once you get, you'll instantly know what puzzles you will be able to do and which you won't.

Yeah shortly after I got that concept. Which is typical of asking a question on a forum right :)

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RafaelMei
    abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By abendlaender

Any tips for Just a little bit shy?

This seems to be the only puzzles I can solve without the red gun which is floating right in front of me right now and is driving me crazy (at least that's what I asume).

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RafaelMei
    RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RafaelMei
    abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By abendlaender

@Musou said:

@Abendlaender: @voltronadactylsaurusrex:

Remember what you learned with the green gun, you reap what you sow

Man thanks! I always feel so smart when I solve a puzzle just to get stomped in the very next room.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.