Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Giantbomb! Should I buy this?!!!!

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JBird

This game looks awesome, after watching the quick look It moved from my list of "oh yeah, thats a game thats coming out" to the list of "buy..stop pissing about and buy it" but i need your guys advice.  

I never played assassins creed 1. When i bought a ps3 it was already a platinum and most reviews said it was quite repetitve. I refrained from assassins creed 2 on the basis i didnt know anything about the story. Now this games coming out and it looks like a series of games where I just dont want to miss out.  

So, do you think i should buy assassins creed 2 and play that first? I can read up the plot of assassins creed 1 but from those who have played it would you recommend playing the second before this? it would mean i'd be a couple of months behind brothehood, but do you think that in terms of the story, its just a better experience to play both?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Play AC2 first. I didn't play the first and I didn't feel lost or anything.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JBird
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny:
    ha ha. 3 word answer tells me all i need to know. cheers
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cincaid

Aren't the first two games dirt-cheap nowadays, or at least the first one? I haven't played Brotherhood, but can imagine having played the first two to be in your favor.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
     @JBird: if you care about the franchise, play them in the right order so u dont regret it in the future

@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " Play AC2 first. I didn't play the first and I didn't feel lost or anything. "
    feel it or not, you have lost something. you've lost alot
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#6  Edited By Soap

You should play AC2 first for sure, you can pick it up for nothing nowadays anyway, you probably don't need to play AC1 but I'd suggest it if you fall in love with the series hard (Like I did :D)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM
    @JBird said:
    "

This game looks awesome, after watching the quick look It moved from my list of "oh yeah, thats a game thats coming out" to the list of "buy..stop pissing about and buy it" but i need your guys advice.  

I never played assassins creed 1. When i bought a ps3 it was already a platinum and most reviews said it was quite repetitve. I refrained from assassins creed 2 on the basis i didnt know anything about the story. Now this games coming out and it looks like a series of games where I just dont want to miss out.  

So, do you think i should buy assassins creed 2 and play that first? I can read up the plot of assassins creed 1 but from those who have played it would you recommend playing the second before this? it would mean i'd be a couple of months behind brothehood, but do you think that in terms of the story, its just a better experience to play both?

"

You need to get the first as well as the second. The thing about the first and the reason I recommend you buy that as well is because it literally feels like you beat it in about an hour or two. But it is very repetitive. And the second is a step up from that of the first, there's still times in it where you'll say to yourself "-sigh- fuck... this is repetitive too." mainly everything before you get to Florence. But you'll probably be interested enough in getting through it, which the ending of the game made the game for me really. That's what made me really interested in the series as a whole. Which I guess is kind of dissapointing in a way though... Just get them. For me personally, I find it hard to dislike, but both games I can tell you aren't top notch all the way through. They're simply great.
    JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JBird

Nice one guys. i can pick up the first and second for £10 each which is a good deal for one, not so much for the first game though. but i'll get them both and play my way through! its my first christmas without january exams in 6 years so i'm gonna game my way through it!
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Yeah, I'm sure it's not absolutely vital but I say go out and get AC2.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

I'm one of the few people who prefer AC1 to the second game.
    My mind tells me that AC2 is technically better in every way, but AC1 is still my personal favorite.
    Plus Altair is much more of a badass then Ezio.

skadbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By skadbob

As smart as I think they are with giving you exposition, I think it'll be really hard to get into Brotherhood if you haven't played AC2 first. (But you definitely do not need to play AC1 to be able to fully enjoy AC2) 

Personal side note: AC2 opens very slowly.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By AndrewB

I would play them in order starting from first. The information gathering quests can be repetitive, yes, but the payoff of the larger assassination missions made them worth it and I don't think it dragged the game down too far. Much of that is optional anyway. You don't have to clear everything everywhere, especially if all you really care about is getting through the story and enjoying it firsthand.  You should be able to find the first game for a couple of bucks, so it wouldn't be putting you out much on the financial side of things. 

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @JBird:  Im almost in your position.  I barely played the first because I didn't enjoy it. However, my buddy convinced me to play AC 2 and it is fantastic.  All I did to get the story was read a Wiki page. I would say play the AC 2 and experience it, then get Brotherhood.  So far what I have played if Brotherhood it seems the best of the series and if you like AC 2 you will love this
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Azteck

Buy all of them. They are all amazing. Start with 1, trust me, it's not as awfully repetitive as people say.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.