Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

What if you played as Desmond's dad in the 90s in AC3?

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By I_smell

OH SHIT! Ryan just said somethin like this on the bombcast and I think it'd be a fucking cool idea.
    Like Desmond's dad was secretly an modern-day assassin, which ties into all this lineage stuff, and had to hide it from his family.
    Desmond's playing as him through the Animus, and there's a load of big revelations n shit.
    Maybe his dad lead him to Abstergo somehow, knowing that he'd take them down or something?

I think that'd be awesome. Also I kind of don't want them to make it Desmond in modern day... It just doesn't feel as creative as the other games, I dunno.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE

What if Desmond's dad is a Templar and Desmond has to assassinate him within the animus?  Desmond is like "WTF!?" and jumps out of the animus and Desmond's crew (Kristen Bell, British guy and alternative chick) are like "Desmond you have to do this to save the world" and Desmond says "Why don't I just kill him in real life" and runs out the door to take down his old man in some city in modern America?!

*head explodes*

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
    " What if Desmond's dad is a Templar and Desmond has to assassinate him within the animus?  Desmond is like "WTF!?" and jumps out of the animus and Desmond's crew (Kristen Bell, British guy and alternative chick) are like "Desmond you have to do this to save the world" and Desmond says "Why don't I just kill him in real life" and runs out the door to take down his old man in some city in modern America?!  *head explodes* "
    No....just...no 

@I_smell said:
    " OH SHIT! Ryan just said somethin like this on the bombcast and I think it'd be a fucking cool idea. Like Desmond's dad was secretly an modern-day assassin, which ties into all this lineage stuff, and had to hide it from his family. Desmond's playing as him through the Animus, and there's a load of big revelations n shit. Maybe his dad lead him to Abstergo somehow, knowing that he'd take them down or something?  I think that'd be awesome. Also I kind of don't want them to make it Desmond in modern day... It just doesn't feel as creative as the other games, I dunno. "
    I do not think that would work to well. The entire game is based on assassination. Old world stuff. Like we have been getting. Jumping to maybe like the 90s Would be stupid and boring. And just another FPS
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ryanwho

You get to kill Kurt Cobain.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Th3_James

John Wilkes Boothe should be one of Desmond's relatives. Playing the Lincoln assassination would be super dope

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
    " What if Desmond's dad is a Templar and Desmond has to assassinate him within the animus?  Desmond is like "WTF!?" and jumps out of the animus and Desmond's crew (Kristen Bell, British guy and alternative chick) are like "Desmond you have to do this to save the world" and Desmond says "Why don't I just kill him in real life" and runs out the door to take down his old man in some city in modern America?!  *head explodes* "
    No....just...no 

@I_smell said:
    " OH SHIT! Ryan just said somethin like this on the bombcast and I think it'd be a fucking cool idea. Like Desmond's dad was secretly an modern-day assassin, which ties into all this lineage stuff, and had to hide it from his family. Desmond's playing as him through the Animus, and there's a load of big revelations n shit. Maybe his dad lead him to Abstergo somehow, knowing that he'd take them down or something?  I think that'd be awesome. Also I kind of don't want them to make it Desmond in modern day... It just doesn't feel as creative as the other games, I dunno. "
    I do not think that would work to well. The entire game is based on assassination. Old world stuff. Like we have been getting. Jumping to maybe like the 90s Would be stupid and boring. And just another FPS "
    What about 2012?  And why does an assassination "modern day" game have to be a FPS.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
    No....just...no 

@I_smell said:
    I do not think that would work to well. The entire game is based on assassination. Old world stuff. Like we have been getting. Jumping to maybe like the 90s Would be stupid and boring. And just another FPS "
    What about 2012?  And why does an assassination "modern day" game have to be a FPS. "
    Cause that is why it all boils down to. I wanna use knifes and old time stuff. That is what Assassians creed is about. Not sniper rifles and silenced guns. 
    Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Cazamalos

for me it's really hard to make a modern assassins creed without turning it on a random third person shooter, i mean everyone have guns now or in the 90's what would Desmond (or his dad) do with blades and hidden blades against uzis and 9mm.?..

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jack268

YOU TRIED TO MAKE ME KILL CLINTON

Seriously though, what would you kill in the 90's? And guns were quite common during that time and that would change up the gameplay quite a bit. Unless in the AC universe people fought with sticks in the 90's. I guess since they still do in 2012 or whenever they're supposed to take place then maybe it's not impossible.
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By korwin

It would be more of a late 70's or early 80's thing.  Desmond would have been alive in the 90's so there wouldn't be any genetic memory to work off.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Milkman

If you're going to play in the 90s, then why not just play as Desmond?

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @ryanwho said:
    " You get to kill Kurt Cobain. "
    With a penis?
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By I_smell
    Cos it's more interesting and it fits in the animus, genetic memory n all that shit that AC is all about.

But yeah I just realised that there's guns in modern day, so I guess that changes everything. 

@Korwin said:
    " It would be more of a late 70's or early 80's thing.  Desmond would have been alive in the 90's so there wouldn't be any genetic memory to work off. "
    Yeah I'm saying Desmond should be like 5 years old, and you play as his dad.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Afroman269

I liked the idea that at the end of the game, everything cuts to black and you wake up as another dude coming out of the animus who was using it to experience Desmond's life.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By korwin
    @I_smell:   So no animus at all in AC3?  Dunno if they could pull that off as it's a pretty central part of the series.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By MooseyMcMan

No. I firmly believe that Assassin's Creed where you play most of it in modern day is dumb. Why? Remember in ACII when you fought those Abstergo guys? What kind of stupid ass evil corporation arms its guards with plastic rods instead of guns?  

Modern cities aren't built like olde ass cities, and modern guards would be equipped with automatic weapons, and thus Desmond (or papa Desmond) would be killed in seconds. 

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @dudeglove said:
    " @W0lfbl1tzers said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    With a penis? "
    ON THE TABLE "
    FUCKING RIGHT!
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hitchenson
    @W0lfbl1tzers said:
    " @dudeglove said:
    " @W0lfbl1tzers said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    With a penis? "
    ON THE TABLE "
    FUCKING RIGHT! "
    With a shotgun.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By I_smell
    @Korwin:
    No I'm saying you're Desmond, on the animus, living through someone's memories. Except instead of being someone from a hundred years ago it's someone from like 20 years ago. 
    Then near the end you go meet his dad in the real world, except he's now like 50 years old and a retired assassin. WOOOOOAAAAAH!

@Afroman269 said:
    " I liked the idea that at the end of the game, everything cuts to black and you wake up as another dude coming out of the animus who was using it to experience Desmond's life. "
    And then that dude wakes up and meets Morpheus, and saves Zion.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By I_smell
    @MooseyMcMan said:

" Modern cities aren't built like olde ass cities.  "

Good point: Modern architecture would suck to climb on.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kishan6
    @Afroman269 said:
    " I liked the idea that at the end of the game, everything cuts to black and you wake up as another dude coming out of the animus who was using it to experience Desmond's life. "
    okay this is a great idea 
    like wtf man 
    I am Jacks Genetic Memory
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I would lol. 
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By korwin
    @I_smell said:
    " @Korwin:
    No I'm saying you're Desmond, on the animus, living through someone's memories. Except instead of being someone from a hundred years ago it's someone from like 20 years ago. 
    Then near the end you go meet his dad in the real world, except he's now like 50 years old and a retired assassin. WOOOOOAAAAAH!

@Afroman269 said:
    And then that dude wakes up and meets Morpheus, and saves Zion. "
    That wouldn't work.  Desmond can't follow his fathers memories after he was born as they can't be passed on past that point in time (think back to the flashback to Altair in AC2).  Would be kind of neat though if it fit in the cannon I guess.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jimbo

Totally uninterested in playing any AC game primarily set in the 20th century or later.  I don't think they'll make that mistake.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By trophyhunter

Did anyone here play a little game called Batman Arkam asylum?

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rockdalf

They should totally do this, but make it a dating sim.  You play as Desmond's dad, going to bars and then try to pick up a chick.  If a guy starts talking to a girl your after you can totally assassinate him to the horror of everyone in the room  and stuff his body in a dumpster out back.  Don't worry though, you can hide for thirty seconds and walk back into the same bar with no consequence. 

The final scene of the game should show Desmond's dad reaching climax, when suddenly you're thrust into the 3rd person perspective of a sperm, having to carefully guide it and out run the other baby sperms. 

As extra DLC, you play as a seven year old Desmond, playing in his room, until you must respond to your dad's calls and get him yet another beer out of the fridge.  While he uses your t-shirt to pop the bottle cap off, you can listen to him aimlessly ramble on about the glory days of being an assassin and how the younger generation are going to run the profession into the ground.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like that, but I still want the series to end with Desmond straight-up ending Abstergo with his new-found assassination powers.  Playing as his dad half the game and learning a lot of secrets about the origins of Abstergo and where secret Abstergo HQs are and the like, and the second half is Desmond acting on this information and putting an end to the Templars would be cool.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Three0neFive
    @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
    thats fucking terrible
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Afroman269
    @I_smell said:

@Afroman269 said:
    And then that dude wakes up and meets Morpheus, and saves Zion. "
    And done, ship this fucking game now!
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By I_smell
    @Korwin:  OH RIGHT, YEAH. 
    How can he inherit memories that happened after he was born? Durr I'm an idiot.
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @MooseyMcMan said:

" No. I firmly believe that Assassin's Creed where you play most of it in modern day is dumb. Why? Remember in ACII when you fought those Abstergo guys? What kind of stupid ass evil corporation arms its guards with plastic rods instead of guns?   Modern cities aren't built like olde ass cities, and modern guards would be equipped with automatic weapons, and thus Desmond (or papa Desmond) would be killed in seconds.  "

Here how I think they could make it work. 
    You set it in modern times but in an old European city. A lot of the architectural would still be very old in style and could make climbing still work.
    Also a lot of European countrys are a lot stricter on gun laws, so you could maybe get away with no guns depending on the city. 

My second idea is that the game has you playing as Desmond, but because the bleeding effect has fucked him up so much, he starts to flash into ancestor memories without being in the animus. 
    For example, they could be in France and Desmond and crew could be walking to the Eiffel Tower. But as they make their way there, Desmond have a memory flash about an ancestor that did an assissination at the Eiffel Tower. You then play as that ancestor, doing that mission. Once the mission is over, the memory flash ends and Desmond goes back into reality.
    OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE
    @Three0neFive:  Damn right it is.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MooseyMcMan said:
    " No. I firmly believe that Assassin's Creed where you play most of it in modern day is dumb. Why? Remember in ACII when you fought those Abstergo guys? What kind of stupid ass evil corporation arms its guards with plastic rods instead of guns?   Modern cities aren't built like olde ass cities, and modern guards would be equipped with automatic weapons, and thus Desmond (or papa Desmond) would be killed in seconds.  "
    Yeah, that's true. Another reason that would be a huge disappointment is that one of the greatest things about all the AC games is the attention to detail and historical accuracy that would be a shame to lose.
    invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By invadernick

at this point I would trust the devs to do what they thought was best. I mean they've proven to be pretty competent so far. But I would prefer a more ancient time.

iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By iKANNIBAL
    @MooseyMcMan said:

Modern cities aren't built like olde ass cities, and modern guards would be equipped with automatic weapons, and thus Desmond (or papa Desmond) would be killed in seconds.  "

Probably when speaking about America or Canada, but Italy is exactly the same Architecture - wise they continued the same style from the Roman/Renaissance era  in present day, Italy in AC2 basicaly looks exactly like Italy now. same goes for Spain,  just look at how the malls look. The people Desmond fought on AC2 had batons, so i don't see how guns is that much of a factor.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @cazamalos said:
    " for me it's really hard to make a modern assassins creed without turning it on a random third person shooter, i mean everyone have guns now or in the 90's what would Desmond (or his dad) do with blades and hidden blades against uzis and 9mm.?.. "
    I think the only way AC3 would work in modern times is if Desmond has to make the kill look like an accident, like a chandelier falling on a dude. Hitman but with parkour, imagine that.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NTM
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
    No....just...no 

@I_smell said:
    What about 2012?  And why does an assassination "modern day" game have to be a FPS. "
    Cause that is why it all boils down to. I wanna use knifes and old time stuff. That is what Assassians creed is about. Not sniper rifles and silenced guns.  "

How does it boil down to FPS? It could be third person shooter like inFAMOUS. You're going to the extreme with the FPS thing. Oh, and no. I'm not saying it's a good idea to make it 90's.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NTM
    @I_smell:
    No, what if the twist is actually someone in an even more futuristic animus was really controlling Desmond as Desmond does to his ancestors, deeming Desmond an ancestor of that person. And then as the real person, you have to play in the year 2666 and then the world ends :O... Sarcasm.
    bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @Korwin said:
    " @I_smell:   So no animus at all in AC3?  Dunno if they could pull that off as it's a pretty central part of the series. "
    Sure, they can just replace it with a Pip Boy or those sunglasses from Heavy Rain.
    MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MarkWahlberg
    @I_smell said:
    @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
    His dad wouldn't have secretly been anything; Desmond was raised by his parents on an Assassin compound, and ran away because he thought they were all batshit crazy survivalists, remember? And I kinda got the feeling his family is dead by now anyway.
    OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE
    @MarkWahlberg: Nope, I had completely forgotten that from AC1. Thanks
    Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#44  Edited By Little_Socrates

Let's skip his dad and go back another generation, and have it be his grandpa fighting the Nazis in World War II? 

(I'm still focused on this since they announced that Hitler had the apple in one of the Subject 16 videos.) 

The game's climax is a Splinter Cell: Conviction interrogation (Ubisoft owns both games, not that farfetched) of Adolf Hitler. I want the game to end with you fucking brutalizing him as you try to obtain the locations of all the different Pieces of Eden. This actually makes sense, however; as anyone who's seen an Indiana Jones movie knows, Hitler was obsessed with "the occult" and spent a lot of resources searching for religious artifacts. Sound familiar, anyone? 

This, of course, would require the game to be the third of four or five games. Games four and five are BOTH Desmond fighting the Templars, and...well, maybe one last trip in the Animus between the two games. 

Depending on your interpretation of what we got in the credits from AC: Bro, this isn't completely implausible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.