Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Assassins Creed 3 "Intro" *Spoiler"

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShinjiEx

The longest in the history of video games 

It took 10 hours of "tutorials" for the game to finally start to become an Assassin a part of the brotherhood dawning the iconic attire 

LOL ^__^

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Personally I enjoyed it, I like the concept of following the protagonist for his whole life or a big part of it.

And I had forgot a lot of stuff since brotherhood so yeah

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I hate this complaint. It's the same thing some people listed as negatives to Persona 3 and Persona 4. People want to immediately jump into the action, and I guess that's fine, but I value establishing the game's characters, world and story much more and having things at a slow pace is the simplest way to do so.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

What's more funny is that, at least for me, the intro part before you even play Connor is probably the best part of the game. Well...i kinda enjoyed that one Desmond section too i guess...

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @FluxWaveZ

I hate this complaint. It's the same thing some people listed as negatives to Persona 3 and Persona 4. People want to immediately jump into the action, and I guess that's fin,e but I value establishing the game's characters, world and story much more important and having things at a slow pace is the simplest way to do so.

Agreed.
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By laserbolts

10 hours? Well I guess it's not the games fault you spent all that time hunting rabbits? Took me around 6 or so to get to that point.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By MEATBALL

I fucking loved the slow build.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vikingdeath1

Pfff, 10 hours? apparently you never played Final Fantasy 13...

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By andrew2696

It didn't take me ten hours. And as long as it's handled well I don't care how long it is.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince

Took me about 6 hours. But it was all real good stuff so I didn't care.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Klei

I loved it. I was eager to become the '' white garb native american assassin'' portrayed by the game's trailers and stuff, but I enjoyed every minute of Haytham.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By murisan

@addictedtopinescent said:

Personally I enjoyed it, I like the concept of following the protagonist for his whole life or a big part of it.

And I had forgot a lot of stuff since brotherhood so yeah

I laughed to myself when I realized that we're following the protagonist from BEFORE HIS CONCEPTION.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Z3RO180

i really enjoyed playing as connors dad then playing the early part or connors life.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By JTB123

Took me around 4 and a half hours, granted I was purposefully trying to get through it as fast as possible. Now I feel like the game has actually begun I'm getting into it more, but I feel they did the set up stuff immensely better in AC2 for Ezio.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ghostiet

@FluxWaveZ said:

I hate this complaint. It's the same thing some people listed as negatives to Persona 3 and Persona 4. People want to immediately jump into the action, and I guess that's fin,e but I value establishing the game's characters, world and story much more important and having things at a slow pace is the simplest way to do so.

It depends on if it's done competently and cleverly. ACII and ACIII (apparently) do it right, but there are games like Final Fantasy XIII that try to do something similar but fail. And I'm not even talking about the whole "30 hour tutorial" stuff, just about the first few hours until you assemble the team and split up, since it consists mostly of cutscenes and pressing "X" to throw "attack" into the ATB queue.

But yeah, I agree with your sentiment. Modern games accustomed us to being ADD binges, but there's time and place for such shit. Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II work very well by throwing the player right into the middle of shit without dabbling much into exposition, ACII or RDR do a good job of easing into the atmosphere and themes. Hell, in a game like Nier, it takes some time before you get the whole interface.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hatking

The 'twist' around the point the game's perspective switches made the entire intro worth it to me. And the fact that Desmond was all like "wait. what?" at the same time I was, that was a really fucking fun moment.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By jimi

Took me around 4 hours to complete the intro. The twist was pretty obvious though, I mean they never mentioned which side he was on for the entirety of that intro and you knew a twist would be coming.

It was enjoyable though, and I thought how it lead into Connor's introduction was clever. I just wish they would open up the mechanics we have played with for the past few games a bit faster.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By gaminghooligan

Took me six hours, and was probably the best part of the whole game in my opinion.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#19  Edited By StarvingGamer

That twist blew my mind, made me super excited to play the rest of the game. The whole thing is amazing, but so far I think the intro with Haytham was the most rewarding part.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By supermonkey122

How about that late title card eh? Also, I did not see the twist coming at all, I'm around the part where you first get the Assassin's clothes, and to me it's getting better and better. So far I still like Ezio better than Connor though.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The slow build is fine if the gameplay is there, unfortunately they lock you out of a bunch stuff and still let you go into the "Frontier" when theres nothing for you to do. And even with all that time they spend "teaching" you, they completely ignore other elements like where all your weapons are stored, where your robes are displayed and how you can see the sections of the cities and what "Liberation" missions you have to complete to free them. And the decision to have RT be the "HOLD THIS DOWN TO DO EVERYTHING" button was fucking terrible. I have so little control I no longer enjoy climbing buildings or chasing people.

This game is full of stupid decisions that made a game that had the potential to be something special, into a disappointment.

Brotherhood is still by far the best game in the series.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By MildMolasses

I could see people making this complaint against AC:Revelations, but seeing as how most of those hours of tutorial were also used to develop the story and characters in very significant ways, I won't hold it against the developers. In AC:Revelations, we already knew the characters, and from a story perspective, it made no sense why people were telling an extremely experienced assassin how he could easily travel across roofs with a hook

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.