Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

Like Clockwork, There's More Assassin’s Creed Next Year

• 171 results
    plainplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By plainplease

I don't understand the progression of this series. From 1 to 2, the whole "cyberpunk" sub-plot made sense and allowed us to transport to a new time and place, a new character. Then 3 and 4 both followed the same character. For my money, I'm not interested in this series until it makes another big jump in setting.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By morrelloman

They already said they were going to do this. Revelations is the first annual iteration though, so we'll see if this every year thing is really going to work. Sales aside, because it will sell, someone already did the calculation$.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By spankingaddict

Hey , I'm a sucker for the AC storyline. So I'm 100% fine with this . I new this franchise was gonna be special back in 06...

Avatar image for shadypinessteve
    ShadyPinesSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By ShadyPinesSteve

I'm not planning to buy Revelations anytime soon as I'm nowhere near finishing Brotherhood. I might just reenter the series with what I'm assuming will be Assassin's Creed 3 next year. I absolutely loved AC2, but lost some steam in Brotherhood. That's not to say that Brotherhood isn't a great game, because it is. I quite enjoyed what I played of it, but as someone that's always chasing the next shiny thing, I am easily distracted.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By GeekDown

Assassin's Creed is pretty much my favorite series right now and as long as they keep progressing the story in a good way (as they have done so far), I will keep buying them.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I thought I read an article that Ubisoft confirmed that it was AC3 that's coming next year. hmm, maybe that was just a rumor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eecdd1d4617f
    deactivated-5eecdd1d4617f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next Assassins Creed game has to have different engine. Revelations looks good, but is still brotherhood with just a few new tweaks. Plus the storyline needs to be interesting, and not just dragging on just to sell the game. If the next game is not AC 3, and becomes another side named game which will introduce a new lead character, and have him placed in another game set the next year, and then again having his story being progressed further with another game set the year after that, then I defiantly know that it's just for the money, same idea like COD. Keep draining everything out of the series, then if it fails create something new, which by that time everyone will be excited for it. This is the reason why I have great respect for those games which deliver that amazing experience when playing them, with the game designers knowing that if they cannot succeed in making another game with the same impact they will not create the same game, and produce a whole new idea. Brotherhood was better than AC 2 and revelations will defiantly be better than brotherhood. But can the next game be better than revelations in a massive way which will have people saying yes bringing out a new AC game every year is a good idea which works and is not repetitive.

TadThuggish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 41

#58  Edited By TadThuggish

This is getting gross.

Stuart444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Stuart444

Awesome, hoping this next one will finally end Desmonds Story. I'd like to see how it ends after going through all these games :).

AC may be Ubis CoD but at least it always has a good long single player campaign that I'll get hours out of :)

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By Blubba

Assassins Creed 2: 4

StalkingTurnip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By StalkingTurnip

My god. Company announces best-selling annual franchise will have new game next year. Wake me when there's new

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By 137

But it worked for activision, now MW3 comes out, nobody cares.

wchue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By wchue

Yes I’m so looking forward to AC, it has replaced Uncharted as my most anticipated franchise! Very happy about this. warren

afs262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By afs262

I've loved this series so far and I plan to continue to until they fuck it up, but I really hope it ends soon for its own sake.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hitchenson

Call of Creed: Historic Warfare

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By hermes

Sorry if it offends someone, but there is nothing in this year iteration that looks like a "major" installment, as well as there was nothing major on Assassins Creed Brotherhood (outside of MP).

Let me know when you are actually willing to take the franchise somewhere new...

CyleMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#67  Edited By CyleMoore

What the hell, I want a sequel to Prince of Persia from 2008.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By Afroman269

AC 3 or bust.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By Milkman

Man, I hope Revelations is good but Ubisoft seems intent on running this series into the ground.

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Shaanyboi

Nobody should be surprised by this... The whole story is about the 2012 thing. OF COURSE they're going to put a game out for 2012. And to all the people saying "SET ASSASSIN'S CREED IN JAPAN!" How the fuck do you justify that person being in DESMOND'S background? Since, y'know, he's kinda the main character? What, you're going to say "Well, his mom is Japanese, but his dad was Italian. And BOTH their ancestries lead back to the Assassin's Guild." Yeah... real fucking brilliant.

MediumDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#71  Edited By MediumDave

And this is why I've stopped buying the AssCreed games. I rather enjoyed Brotherhood but incremental improvement each year while still charging full price? Probably why I'm not into sports games or CoD, either.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By Vexxan

Compared to other yearly games these seem to be at least somewhat GOOD.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Enigma777

I'm holding out for a remake of the first one.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By chilibean_3

A new era or culture would be terrific.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#75  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Assassins Creed 2-4: finish the fight

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Jesky said:

I don't understand the progression of this series. From 1 to 2, the whole "cyberpunk" sub-plot made sense and allowed us to transport to a new time and place, a new character. Then 3 and 4 both followed the same character. For my money, I'm not interested in this series until it makes another big jump in setting.

I agree. The whole appeal of the series to me was the promise of a new setting each game. Brotherhood already felt trite to me, revelations is overkill.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jmfinamore

@BlatantNinja23 said:

I'm sure it's AC 3... but there's a part of me that would actually rather have AC 3 in the next console cycle, and i want a new Prince of Persia preferably a sequel to the 08 game. But I love AC and they've continued to get better and better, so i have no issue getting one each year.

I was kind of hoping they would hold off on the next release, and just put out 3 as n early next generation title. But I'm not surprised, since it was pretty clear they want to be annual. It's a shame because the jump from 1 to 2 was so big, I was hoping the series would have a similar jump from 2 to 3, and I don't think they could/would do it on current consoles.

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Dryker

I feel Assassin's Creed is more of a format than a franchise; an infrastructure, not content. I love Assassin's Creed because they're interactive history books. Fiction, yes; but all of the trappings are period specific. I do a lot of research in these periods; and Assassin's Creed is the most enjoyable to digest. As long as they keep changing locales, I don't see myself getting sick of them in the foresee-able future.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jozzy

Why reveal a newer than new game in a franchise before the new game is out?

Anyway, I'll keep buying them for cheap a couple of months to a year after release and enjoying the heck out of them.

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#80  Edited By BoringK
    It's kind of worrying, but AC is probably my favorite new IP of this console generation. I'm already sold on next week's installment, but I'm a little more afraid of disappointment than I was the last two times.

@CyleMoore said:

This. I loved that game in spite of its problems (too easy, kinda one-note). Drop the Sands of Time already and iterate on that.
    rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By rawrnosaurous

Next year is going to be Assassins Creed 3, they have made that abundantly clear that for his story to continue after 2012 wouldn't make sense. So they are going to wrap up his story line next year and where they take Assassins Creed after that is anyone's guess but it won't involve Desmond's story at the very least.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By devilzrule27

Hopefully its a AC proper game instead of a spinoff sidestory game like that last two. As much as I liked Brotherhood and will likely love Revelations, I'm ready for a conclusion to the Desmond main story.

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By vdortizo

Ubisoft released a game in 2008 for Xbox 360, PS3 & PC (Cough *Prince of Persia* cough) with an achievement called "To be continued..." we've yet to see any trace if a continuation of that game is in development. I would like it very much if AC took a rest for a year or maybe two and we got that sequel...

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MikeGosot
    @BisonHero said:

@MikeGosot said:

Expected... EDIT: WOW! Call me dumb, but that's the quest everyone talks about? I never cared for quests so i didn't knew. Man, now i feel bad for saying just one word.

Yeah, that's the quest everyone talks about. It's not as hard as people make it out to be, as long as you're on the site pretty often. By far the easiest way to do it is get the first comment on some trailer for a random game not a lot of people care about. Or the first comment on a news article.

Or the first comment on basically anything that isn't announced on the homepage. People trying to get first comment on Quick Looks that are announced like 6 hours in advance are idiots, because there are going to be way more people trying for those, and your odds of getting first comment are low.

The Science Of A First Comment. 

Also, do i get something special because i completed this quest? I know this sounds dumb, but... If many people are trying to get it, there must be a reason. A good reason. Also, if so many people are trying to get it... Why there are not any comments like: "FIRST!"?
    devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By devilzrule27

@BoringK said:

@CyleMoore said:

This. I loved that game in spite of its problems (too easy, kinda one-note). Drop the Sands of Time already and iterate on that.

Yes please

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Brendan

I don't want to be all gloom and doom about this news since the AC games have always delivered for me, but I do find this s bit worrying. I definitely don't feel positive about this series being a yearly thing, since narrative is such an important part of it's appeal. It's rather going to be stretched put to the point where next to nothing happens in the Desmond plot each game, or it's going to become insanely convoluted. It just doesn't feel like this kind of strategy was what the designers of the original game had in mind when they made AC.

Khadyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Khadyn

Didn't see this coming but, then again it's Ubisoft...popular franchise = $$$$

yeah_write

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By yeah_write

As long as they keep the quality as high as it's been so far, I'll continue to throw my money at them. Assassin's Creed is my Call of Duty or Madden Football. I can't get enough of it, and I'll gladly pay money every year for a new locale and chunk of the over arching story, which I suppose would be their version of Madden's roster update and play tweaks.

Also, I wouldn't mind another portable AC game like the last one on DS starring Ezio. That game had its flaws, but it was a lot of fun for short bursts of play. It was like a mixture of Sonic and Streets of Rage.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TeamJersey

TELL ME OF DESMOND.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Gerhabio

@Alphazero said:

I like him and all, but it's time to move on. Desmond's turn.

I feel the same way, I want shit to hit the fan already.

Avatar image for chamberoftravis
    Chamberoftravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Chamberoftravis

I'm down for a new time period, why not.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By artgarcrunkle

It's super sad that consumers allow themselves to get milked like this probably stalling progress of new intellectual properties.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By tomance

I would love to see it set in modern day, or at least partially(not like the short segments from the other games).

ChosenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ChosenOne
    @Gerhabio said:

@Alphazero said:

I like him and all, but it's time to move on. Desmond's turn.

I feel the same way, I want shit to hit the fan already.

My sentiments exactly.
    liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#95  Edited By liquidmatt

Surely this is the last instalment? All of the story stuff so far has pointed to 2012 as the big finale of the game-iverse so I expect that this will be it, all wrapped up, as it should be.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#96  Edited By MetalBaofu

@MikeGosot said:

The Science Of A First Comment. Also, do i get something special because i completed this quest? I know this sounds dumb, but... If many people are trying to get it, there must be a reason. A good reason. Also, if so many people are trying to get it... Why there are not any comments like: "FIRST!"?

You get the same thing you get from all the other quests, some site XP. Some people just like to do them all, just like some people with achievements/trophies. I have seen people saying, "First" in an attempt to get the quest, but I believe you don't get credit for the quest if you say the word "first." A lot of times people will say something simple like, "Hey," then either delete the post or edit it.

On topic, another Assassin's Creed next year is not surprising. I just hope they manage to keep them fun and interesting.

Bob_Loblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Bob_Loblaw

Future Assassin going through Desmond's memories.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

My opinion: Brotherhood was shit, the multiplayer was surprisingly good though. Brotherhood was the first of their rush-job entries to the franchise. It even introduced new gameplay mechanics that I liked and an improved economy system. It would have been perfect, and yes I would love to play a decent Assassin's Creed every year. However, brotherhood was plagued with missions with poorly explained instructions and annoying scripted sections. I played the mission where you infiltrate the play about ten times, it took me eight tries before I realised I had to stand on the hay at specific times, and it was time consuming each try to walk. Based on Brotherhood I don't think they can make an enjoyable game on a yearly basis. I loved AC 1&2, and I would have loved Brotherhood more if it wasn't plagued by those problems. Starting with Brotherhood, this series is dead.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99  Edited By clumsyninja1

I can always get more assassin...more AC that is. Zing!!!

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MikeGosot
    @metalhead87 said:

@MikeGosot said:

The Science Of A First Comment. Also, do i get something special because i completed this quest? I know this sounds dumb, but... If many people are trying to get it, there must be a reason. A good reason. Also, if so many people are trying to get it... Why there are not any comments like: "FIRST!"?

You get the same thing you get from all the other quests, some site XP. Some people just like to do them all, just like some people with achievements/trophies. I have seen people saying, "First" in an attempt to get the quest, but I believe you don't get credit for the quest if you say the word "first." A lot of times people will say something simple like, "Hey," then either delete the post or edit it.

That's kinda of... terrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.