Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

The Next Assassin’s Creed Won’t Star Connor

• 192 results
    Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Damian

Make "Assassins Creed Infinity" where I put a different historical figure on the "Animus" to bring it to life within its unique time and setting! Sell 'em for $15-20 a pop, and let me mix and match character and setting. Done.

I just love the engine and mechanics at this point, so whatever gets me in there I'm at least half interested in. But they really flushed the last shits I could give about the story down the drain with AC3. So they can do whatever on that front. Just make the missions not dumb this time.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#152  Edited By AssInAss

@theanticitizen said:

I want to be an assassin in feudal Japan

?

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By thebatmobile

Assassin's Creed: Pirates

Come on, please?

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By OGred

@thebatmobile: you'll have to settle for riften :(

will_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By will_m

@MeatSim said:

I think I am done with AC unless they really flesh out the gameplay.

Exactly. Setting and story doesn't mean anything without a game that's actually fun to play. Also, fuck stealth sequences.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By OGred

@Damian said:

Make "Assassins Creed Infinity" where I put a different historical figure on the "Animus" to bring it to life within its unique time and setting! Sell 'em for $15-20 a pop, and let me mix and match character and setting. Done.

I just love the engine and mechanics at this point, so whatever gets me in there I'm at least half interested in. But they really flushed the last shits I could give about the story down the drain with AC3. So they can do whatever on that front. Just make the missions not dumb this time.

Don't know if you were serious but...the assassins creeds franchise doesn't have a worthwhile reason to do this. Infinity works because of the characters and skylanders works because of the audience it aims for.

PentaCube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By PentaCube

A lot of hate in here. I personally still really enjoy the AC games and liked connor quite a bit.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158  Edited By Ghostiet
    @PentaCube said:

A lot of hate in here. I personally still really enjoy the AC games and liked connor quite a bit.

Me too. I was hoping they could make a new Connor game as a spin-off, but put the man on the sea and have most of the game take place in the Aquila sections, but make them more elaborate.

I think it's sad they're dropping him. He had a lot of potential as a character that's been really squandered.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#159  Edited By haggis

Connor was a dull, undeveloped character, so I'm happy to hear that he's out. I'd like to know more about what direction they're going--they're basically caught up with the present portion of the story, so they could move backward again. And I'm all for having a female assassin this time around as well. Or, god forbid, even multiple playable assassins with different skill sets. Add some basic RPG elements...okay, now I'm just dreaming. I'll be happy with a playable game.

What they really need to do is tear the game back to what it was at Brotherhood and go from there. And I wouldn't mind if the game was more evenly split between ancient and modern settings.

DanTheGamer32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By DanTheGamer32

I don't mind another Assassin's Creed game, no matter what they do with the character or story (although I do quite like Connor). I don't mind these coming out every year due to how unique they are. I can't think of a single game that takes place in these time periods and locations and express them so well.

GlennTKD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By GlennTKD

Okay now where is my ancient Chinese edition?

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By matti00

@GlennTKD said:

Okay now where is my ancient Chinese edition?

Yeeeessssssss.

I'd even be okay with ninjas, just remake Tenchu, job done.

Inquisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Inquisitor

<3 gaming related articles.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#164  Edited By s10129107

Last one I bought was AC2

twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#165  Edited By twillfast

Every new AC-game makes me excited to know where and when it'll be set. I don't care if they're milking it, they have sold me a copy when you get to assassinize London in Jack the Ripper times. And I don't even like milk!

Sarkozymandias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Sarkozymandias

Also will be an exclusive to some shitty gimmick handheld nobody owns.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Grixxel

Oh ... AC ... how awesome you would be if it was just individual stories about assassins through out history and none of the desmond stupid shit.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#168  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Well.. I mean, that DLC han't come out yet.. And there's 3 of 'em! Maybe, they can develop him some there? ~ Even though it is an alternate past, or something..

Wadawoodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Wadawoodo

I assumed that the next game would be a prequel to 3 set in London with Connors dad

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Mendelson9

I don't know if this is true at all, but the new AC game may be called Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flags. Black flags were used by the confederates in the Civil War...

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By louiedog
    @Grixxel said:

Oh ... AC ... how awesome you would be if it was just individual stories about assassins through out history and none of the desmond stupid shit.

I'd like that. I haven't played every game in the series, but the Desmond bits have been low points for me. The first game was okay in that regard because it was just story pieces (before it went way south) and didn't involve the least fun climbing/platforming parts of the game. 

@Mendelson9  said: 

I don't know if this is true at all, but the new AC game may be called Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flags. Black flags were used by the confederates in the Civil War...

Will Henry Rollins voice Abraham Lincoln?
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By NTM

Assassin's Creed 3 wasn't good, so it'll take quite a bit to get me to get interested in another AC game. I mostly loved Ezio's trilogy, and the first Assassin's Creed was OK, but much better than AC3 to me; the only thing I really liked about AC3 was the soundtrack, anything else that I liked was way too minor. I wouldn't call it 'bad', but I wouldn't say it was good either, not to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c6d2500d559
    deactivated-60c6d2500d559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished AC3 a few nights ago. Overall, I was disappointed. I only started playing the AC series last year playing through both Brotherhood and Revelations. I loved both of those games.

When I found out about AC3's Colonial setting I was thrilled; it's one of my favorite periods of American history. Not to mention, I am a descendant of Gen. Israel Putnam, who was one of the leaders at the Battle of Bunker Hill and featured in the game (It was a little surreal "seeing" my ancestor in a video game).

But I was dismayed at all of the technical bugs that still linger after two patches. Some textures seemed wonky at times... there was a series of cut-scenes where the dialog and lip sync were horrible off. Not to mention, the storyline and resulting game play was a bit flat. I don't have much interest in doing all of the side quests either. I'm sitting at around 75% completion rate for the entire game (main quests, homestead, naval, frontier missions, etc).... and I think I'm just about okay walking away from it.

As for Connor, I enjoyed him at times, but I think his "moral" character and naiveté didn't fit into what an Assassin should be (I liked Ezio's swagger from Brotherhood and Revelations).

Aside from the AC trilogy now... becoming.... four, I'm not heart broken that Connor is not in the new game. In all honesty, the period of conflict in America is over really until the American Civil War (Unless someone is REALLY into post-Revolutionary War/Articles of Confederation turmoil that happened before the Constitutional Convention). Even if you tried to incorporate other periods in the early 19th century (War of 1812, Mexican-American War, slavery issues with statehood/westward expansion), Connor would be a much older man than Ezio was in Revelations.

I could see them trying to tie Southern slavery into the Templars and create a storyline out of the Am. Civil War, but if the new story line is dealing with Juno now released upon the world, I could see a AC set in modern times or even in the future.

But even if that happens, isn't the whole point of AC that it occurs in the past?

I hesitant to get excited about a new one. Had AC3 been a better game, I may be asking when the pre-orders would begin.

AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By AxleBro

can't wait for ubisoft to kill this franchise, i cant stand this one game a year for 5 years for 1 IP thing, it makes a quick buck but it's killing gaming!

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By theanticitizen
    @AssInAss I didn't have a ps1 :P
    Gordo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Gordo789

man they are really running this franchise into the ground.

Scratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#177  Edited By Scratch

Maybe they shouldn't be talking about the next AC game so soon? I like the AC series, but I don't know...

We all knew another AC game this year was inevitable but dude, after AC3 I don't know. They would have to change the setting radically to pull me back in.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Assassins' should do Chivalry multi, mans! :D

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#179  Edited By poisonjam7

This is both good and bad news.

It's good because Connor was a terrible character and I don't want to see him again.

It's bad because, well, do we really want another AC game if AC3 was the best they can do with a huge budget and long development time? I know I don't. But as others have said, it's pretty much a moot point since Ubi is going to keep pushing this franchise out in yearly installments until it dies regardless of what we want.

But then again, maybe after all this THQ stuff Patrice will be back and he'll fix the franchise. But I'm not holding my breath, and quite honestly, I'd rather see him working on a new franchise. (1666)

CraftySkills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By CraftySkills

I never understood why players disliked Connor so much. To me I loved all three Assassin's Creed protagonists because they each were unique and different. Ya he wasn't as charming or charismatic as Ezio, but that's because he's had to live his entire life in constant fear and be subjugated to being called a savage and having his home and family in danger. Ezio was an archetype of a noble Renaissance lifestyle without a worry in the world, only concerned with getting into brawls with rival families and sleeping with woman and I loved him because of that, but I also loved Connor because he showed and exhibited a more down to earth and realistic point of view. He grew as a character and I found him to be very sympathetic towards the end of the game. The somber ending really hit home with me, and SPOILERS Native American don't fare to well in American history and I thought that was expressed and done very well.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By ninjalegend

There was so much I liked about Assassins Creed 3. Loved the setting, loved the naval battles, and loved the traversal of the environments.

However, the things that held it back, did so in a grand fashion. The bugs first and foremost. I know a lot of big open world games have some, but the amount and severity here were pretty bad. The story. I can't unsee Paul Revere on the back of that horse. I really wanted to like the hunting and growing my base. I did not. As many hours as I spent in Red Dead doing side missions and hunting, I found this more of a bummer than I should have.

The elements are there. They just need to tighten it up. If they would have squashed some bugs, looked at Red Dead for hunting and Skyrim for side quests, maybe it could have been special. Good enough for me to overlook the story elements like Paul Revere on the back of my horse.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Dan_CiTi

It is so strange seeing people with weird bugs and such with AC3, which I had none, or at least any I can remember seeing as how they never affected my playthrough. Loved the game, not as much as AC2, but more than the rest of the series for sure.

@Sarkozymandias said:

Also will be an exclusive to some shitty gimmick handheld nobody owns.

Not more iOS games :(

@Grixxel said:

If only. The Desmond BS should have never been in the game, it obviously didn't sell the series originally and has been the worst part by far of the whole series. A modern assassin game would be cool, but after all the others, weaving in the Desmond stuff has always felt extremely half-assed. I hope they don't start it back up at all with the next game.

Lugburz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#183  Edited By Lugburz

I thought the AC series was all about the 2012 end of the world thing and nothing after this period will emerge, it turned out i was wrong.

Considering the subject matter, I don't think the next setting would be set in any eastern locations such as China or Japan unfortunately, because playing as an Asian main character is "out of the hands" from Ubisoft; being pretty much a Western game company and attempt at doing a another Technu-like game is far-fetched at least in my eyes.

In the other hand, a setting in Victorian England is interesting and seems plausible. Now you just have to find a moment in history fitting that period.

Wr8h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Wr8h

Don't care, Assassin's Creed, after Brotherhood, the rest of this series is dead to me

donritchie56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By donritchie56

I like Assassin's Creed. I've bought and played all of the console games. I enjoy climbing tall buildings and killing people in a historic setting. Please give me an AC protagonist that enjoys killing people in a historic setting that has tall buildings to climb.

I am so glad I will never again have to listen to Connor whine.

I'd like to see AC4's gameplay improve the franchise as much as AC2 improved the gameplay of AC. The difference between AC and AC2 were extensive and dramatic and I don't feel the same improvement from AC2 to AC3.

I'd like to see the next game go back to Italy, but approximately 50 BCE!!! Ancient Rome was the largest city in history until 17th Century London. And it grew UP! Every one lived in multi-story, ramshackle apartments (insulae). You could walk across ancient Rome along the rooftops. And they had an entire political system built around assassination!

I think whenever offering criticism, it's important to highlight good things. While I did not enjoy most of AC3, I really liked the naval missions. Ancient Rome would be perfect for AC-style naval combat because their manner of naval warfare involved ramming other ships and jumping on the other ship and killing their dudes in hand-to-hand combat.

DBagalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By DBagalot

"People on the internet suggest the most boring settings," Alex Hutchinson told OXM. "The three most wanted are WWII, feudal Japan and Egypt. They're kind of the three worst settings for an AC game."

Assassin's Creed 3 writer Corey May really wants to do India, and Hutchinson agrees, saying "I would too. I'd really love to do the Raj."

CopyPasta from Joystiq

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By JZ

Well I hope alex hutchinson was fired after ac3. Oh this is what the fans want, well fuck them.

IcarusFoundYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By IcarusFoundYou

WHERE

IS

CHARLES

LEE?

ominousbedroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By ominousbedroom

@draxyle said:

@PosableActionFigure said:

@Tylea002 said:

Connor hasn't "starred" in an AC game yet, though.

The "star" of AC3 was Haytham, and we all know it.

Haytham should have been the only playable character, and the revelation about him should have come right at the end, so you spend the whole game playing as him under false pretenses.

That would have been amazing, though probably hard to sell for the entire duration of a game. I would have loved to see them try though.

Haytham was pretty darn great; practically held the game up on his own.

I wonder if the game would've turned out... better..? if this was the case for the first installment of AC3, with Haytham's arc expanded more up until he interacts with Connor a bit. Then, the big reveal, and you play as Connor at the end. And the next installment of AC3 would be from Connor's POV from those last moments onto his shtick with Haytham, etc etc. I often wonder if that would have made players hate Connor less.

I agree with those saying Ubisoft risks milking AC (even more) dry. I'm a little tired of Desmond and those sequences are coming off as side-quests. But I can't help being curious as to where the series could still go. There are simply too many interesting periods in history that, if handled right, could make for an amazing game. Despite all the glitch, who would have thought AC1 would spark as much interest as it did?

Pirates, ninjas, and early times would be cool to explore. Maybe the future if it's not overdone. It'd also be cool to see what could come out of Indochina, south/southeastern Asia, and Western Asia/Middle East.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could care less, lost interest in the series.

Hopefully the change of pace resparks my interest

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I just don't understand, how the fuck is it that Ubisoft can do everything on Watch Dogs, but This one is totally fucked. They're essentially the same thing, but One is so lame now. I expect a lot from this one. And fucking, why not?, have Ubisoft just buy 1666.

We should be more disappointed in having no Thief IV news, than shitting on all future Assassin's Creed future. Deus Ex's image was brought back from the dead, and Assassin's never left.

randomdrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reddy1124:

@mlarrabee said:

Good to know this franchise will be milked dry.

Did people honestly think that Ubisoft was not going to milk AC for all its worth? Hopefully they don't annualize Far Cry too.

Not a happy thought...

brett990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I am glad it won't have Connor in it again. I do hope the next game doesn't take place during a war.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.