I spent $60 on this...

#1 Posted by SavageManLove (93 posts) -

...and don't regret a cent. It is definitely flawed (probably because you couldn't quite call this a "game") but damn what an experience. This game will definitely not sell but hopefully it becomes a cult classic. Highly recommended to people who can enjoy "different" things.

#2 Posted by bigsmoke77 (790 posts) -

The quicklook defiantly showed off the "different" aspect your talking about.

#3 Posted by Rerejo28 (135 posts) -

I kinda dig the look of it. But I cannot see the worth of a mostly non-playable game/anime thing. I can just watch anime for free...

#4 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I don't even like anime and I am loving it.

#5 Posted by Rerejo28 (135 posts) -

Oh, and welcome to the site, Duder!

#6 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Quicklook looked pretty damn fun, but it looks like a rental to me. Can't condone $60 on something I could finish in a day or two.

#7 Posted by SavageManLove (93 posts) -

@Rerejo28 said:

Oh, and welcome to the site, Duder!

Thank you. Longtime lurker and podcast leacher. Decided to buy a premium membership to actually give back to giantbomb.

The "gameplay" kind of goes between flying Panzer Dragoon lockon type of aerial combat, God of War-ish third person action (although you won't be really doing any exploring) and of course, Quick Time Events. I think once this drops to 20 bucks or so (which it probably will sooner than later) I can't recommend it enough for those on the fence. The game is definitely not long (there's 3 parts and I'm now on part 3 with about 5 hours into the game) but I think it makes for a unique addition to every ones game library. This will probably be something you show friends in a couple of years who never heard of the game and enjoy their WTF reactions.

#8 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4977 posts) -

$60 is worth it to me for such an exhilarating and unique experience!

#9 Posted by believer258 (12017 posts) -

@bigsmoke77 said:

What was so defiant about it?

Anyway, the Quick Look did not spike my interest at all. For my tastes, it looked downright boring.

But that's just me. If there's a demo out somewhere I might try it but I have very little interest in even renting it.

#10 Posted by gla55jAw (2693 posts) -

I defiantly want to play this, I might GameFly it or wait until it drops dramatically in price.

#11 Edited by CaptainCody (1508 posts) -

Do people say defiantly to fuck with dudes or is everyone genuinely retarded?

#12 Posted by Masha2932 (1242 posts) -

Not worth it for me but I'll definitely pick it up down the line.

#13 Posted by Landon (4154 posts) -

@believer258: Spell check constantly messes that word up for me. I can never remember how to spell it, but no matter what I type it thinks I mean defiantly.

#14 Posted by xyzygy (10043 posts) -

I agree, this is how QTE based games should be done. I hate most everything to do with them, games like Heavy Rain and the like, but this offers so much more. It'e like a really long, kick ass interactive Japanese old school film. So great.

#15 Posted by Destinycero (32 posts) -

I really want to buy it after watching the Quick Look

#16 Posted by Rohok (554 posts) -

@CaptainCody said:

Do people say defiantly to fuck with dudes or is everyone genuinely retarded?

Defiantly retarded.

#17 Posted by GinjaAssassin (159 posts) -

I really want to play it, but I will probably wait for it to go down in price a bit.

#18 Posted by Drazat (170 posts) -

Same here I will pick this up but not until it's gone down In price.

#19 Posted by mordukai (7159 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@bigsmoke77 said:

What was so defiant about it?

Anyway, the Quick Look did not spike my interest at all. For my tastes, it looked downright boring.

But that's just me. If there's a demo out somewhere I might try it but I have very little interest in even renting it.

The demo's up on PSN so I'm sure it's XBL too.

#20 Posted by Shirogane (3579 posts) -

Yeah, i don't regreat my $99 dollars, yes, we australians get screwed over again, that i spent on this, but hey, i'm the guy who suddenly decided, i want a vita, then bought a 3G one cause it was the last one in the store.

I'd recommend that everyone either rent this game, or get it when it's cheaper, it's seriously something everyone has to play through cause it's so different.

#21 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Looks totally unique and batshit crazy.

Had I more disposable income I would purchase it.

#22 Posted by TruthTellah (9362 posts) -

Games like this are why rental services exist. Not because a game may be bad, but because, sometimes, a game is only a few hours long with questionable replay value. Still, worth experiencing. :)

#23 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

Loving the game....nuff sed

#24 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1663 posts) -

I'm going to wait for the price to drop before touching this one, I've got enough on my plate what with the Vita release and what have you, 60 bucks for Asura's Wrath just isn't in my budget...

#25 Posted by Spoonman671 (4710 posts) -

I prefer "good" to "different," but maybe I'll watch a Let's Play if it can hold my attention for long enough.

#26 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

This is the definition of rent worthy.

#27 Posted by Giefcookie (608 posts) -

I'm glad that it exists, but I dont really want to play it. How about a live show with Vinny Ryan and Jeff playing through all of it in 1 go?

#28 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

I'm very interested in playing this. Buying it (for $60)? not so much. It's in my Gamefly queue right now though.

#29 Posted by spilledmilkfactory (1889 posts) -

I'm on the last boss and I'm absolutely loving everything about it, except the aforementioned last boss. It's less QTE and more gameplay than people have implied, but definitely more in line with something like Heavy Rain than with God of War

#30 Posted by mortal_sb (547 posts) -

i don't mind QTE when they are THIS fun. loved every second of the game. batsh*t crazy.

#31 Posted by kerse (2117 posts) -

It was a lot of fun, and some of the fights are actually kinda tough if you play on normal, its not just pure qte's.... but its a lot of them, they aren't punishing though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.