Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Thoughts on Killer Croc?

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Babble

Possible spoilers if you haven't gotten past the Killer Croc segment of the game.

While playing Batman: Arkham Asylum I couldn't help but feel like the actual encounter with Killer Croc was a bit of a let down. On the whole the game is fantastic and from the start Killer Croc is introduced in an awesome way. As I progressed and picked up more information on him, and was given a glimpse of him through a door, I felt like the game was getting it all right and was very excited to actual meet Killer Croc.

The actual sequence with Killer Croc, while competent, was a bit anti-climactic. Does anyone else feel this way? I would prefered a more direct fight rather then what amounted to be 20 minutes of dodging him.  

Just curious as to what the Giant Bomb community thought of this segment of the game, I sure feel like Killer Croc, being as cool as he is, could have been utilized in a better way.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

He was such a puss.

Batarang, bonk, walk.

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Valames

I kind of agree. Although I had a blast having the shit scared out of me every time he jumped out I would have liked to have fought him in a little more of a direct way. But then it would have probably been a fight like Bane's, so maybe the Crash Bandicoot run at the end was a fine way to end it.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Babble
    @Valames said:

" I kind of agree. Although I had a blast having the shit scared out of me every time he jumped out I would have liked to have fought him in a little more of a direct way. But then it would have probably been a fight like Bane's, so maybe the Crash Bandicoot run at the end was a fine way to end it. "

True, maybe I just want an unrealistic amount of screen time for Killer Croc! I will say though the way the camera is at that last part was a little awkward, I'm guessing it's how they intended it because during every turn for that part I felt like I was gonna fall in the water!
    IshimuraD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By IshimuraD

Yeah, I thought all the build-up at the beginning of the game was pretty suspenseful, what with all the Croc lumbering around and growling.
     And then the fight turns out just being throwing a batarang at him every time he stupidly pops up. Like whac-a-mole. The rest of the game, errr except for the Poison Ivy fight, was awesome.

angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By angelfan91

I kind of enjoyed it but I don't really know what to say.  Part of me thinks that it could have been better, but the other part of me wonders what the hell they would've done.  I definitely wouldn't be surprised if another game was made with Killer Croc in mind as the antagonist.  That little tidbit after the credits gives quite a big hint.
    Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Valames
    @angelfan91: Yeah the best thing about this series is that it can bring back favorite villains in sequels without too many people crying foul. 
    Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Damian

I was just glad to be done with the sewers, really. But I thought the way it ended was more of a temporary solution. And we'd have to kick his ass for reals a little later. 
    Guess not.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By get2sammyb

The boss fights are one of the worst things about Arkham Asylum. Very dull compared to the rest of the game.

JukeboxJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JukeboxJoe

I thought it was OK. Maybe a bit anticlimactic, but I'd rather that than another Bane fight, or something similar to Ivy's. It's strange, up to Killer Croc it seemed like they were trying to do a different take on how to do the bosses compared with other games (with the possible exception of Bane), but then after that they fell into the same old rinse and repeat attack patterns like with Ivy which was a bit of a shame. I thought the idea for the Croc encounter was pretty cool, and it had some good moments, like when he comes up but you can't see him and you have to look at which boards are shaking, but it could have used a bit more work
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#11  Edited By jimbo_n

I thought it was very suspensful. The game does a great job with pacing and building suspense and another charging tank fight would not have been nearly as frightening as this one was. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and got really freaked out when he appeared behind me. The actual way of stopping him wasnt really too hard but really, do every boss fight need to be THAT hard, cant they just fuel the suspense and act as a mood setter? The game handles frustration vs challenge better than any game in recent memory and in the end I thought this boss fight was a proof of "thinking outside the box".
    lyndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lyndon
    @angelfan91 said:
    " I kind of enjoyed it but I don't really know what to say.  Part of me thinks that it could have been better, but the other part of me wonders what the hell they would've done.  I definitely wouldn't be surprised if another game was made with Killer Croc in mind as the antagonist.  That little tidbit after the credits gives quite a big hint. "
    If it's the tidbit I think you mean that was Bane's hand, not Croc. 

As for the encounter itself, I enjoyed it for the most part. It would have been a bit too repetitive if the meet up was another "beat on the villain until subdued" battle. Made for a bit of variety and you know they had to save some stuff for the eventual sequel.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pie

I thought that it was quite suspensful when he jumps up but you cant see him but I would of prefered somehting where you have to trick him and catch him somehow that isnt just basically done by the game. For example one way of catching him could be by turning on detecive vision and looking through the water seeing which board hes lurking under then set a trap for him like spraying gel onto the boards and when he passes detonating it to send him back into the water or (and I know you cant do this in the game but they could of done this for this boss fight) use your line launcher and set it across the tunnel and when the croc runs into it he falls. Actually that line launcher bit wouldnt work but you get the idea

hughesie27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hughesie27
    @lyndon said:
    " @angelfan91 said:
    " I kind of enjoyed it but I don't really know what to say.  Part of me thinks that it could have been better, but the other part of me wonders what the hell they would've done.  I definitely wouldn't be surprised if another game was made with Killer Croc in mind as the antagonist.  That little tidbit after the credits gives quite a big hint. "
    If it's the tidbit I think you mean that was Bane's hand, not Croc.  As for the encounter itself, I enjoyed it for the most part. It would have been a bit too repetitive if the meet up was another "beat on the villain until subdued" battle. Made for a bit of variety and you know they had to save some stuff for the eventual sequel. "
    You may have found this out already but the had changes for each person. I had scarecrow for example. It also seems to be pretty random!
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

I liked the way they did it.

SAMCRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By SAMCRO

if it would have been an actual fight it would be like fighting bane again

KinjiroSSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By KinjiroSSD

I think they did the best they could given how outmatched batman would be in a straight fight with Croc.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jothel
    @lyndon said:

" @angelfan91 said:

If it's the tidbit I think you mean that was Bane's hand, not Croc.
    if you mean the hand coming out of the water, it was scarecrow for me, so it's probably a random enemy

*edit* i did not see hughesie's post, apologies for repeating
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

My thoughts:

Are they any relation?
    Are they any relation?

Yes, my thoughts are that random.
    Monoxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Monoxide

I enjoyed the fight, but I think it would have been great if they turned him into a sort of 'Nemesis' character. He could have come bursting through the walls in some of the deep down areas of the compound during some of the calmer parts of the game.

Brockly46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Brockly46

thought it was very disappointing, should of been able to hit him with the bat airplane thing, like bane with the car

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By nrain

It was ok, but they couldn't of just had a one on one fight with him as croc would just munch bats up.
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By fenixrevolution

Like most of the boss fights in the game, it just felt kind of bland. I mean just one batarang and he was back in the water? Hopefully if they do a sequel we can have a proper fight with Killer Croc.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By HitmanAgent47

All of the boss fight for this game are terrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.