Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Here is what the game will look like on PC

• 76 results
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Wow, what a shit storm.

Console games - If you don't want to play on PC, don't. No need to make comments like that to make PC gamers angry.

PC Elitist - Thanks for further pushing the stereotype that PC gamers think they are better than everyone and think people who play on consoles are kids. Good job on that one.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By spazmaster666

@xhavoc86 said:

Everyone keeps saying it will look better, and it doesn't look any noticeably better. I rather just play it now on console rather than wait on pc, which i do play on too :P

From the footage I've seen of the console versions of Arkham City, they look worse than the PC version of Arkham Asylum, which was DX9. The PC version of Arkham Asylum will have DX11 meaning it will look better, and run faster. Also, I'll take 2560x1440 with 4xAA over 1280x720 wih 2xAA any day of the week.

@scarace360 said:

well thats all well and good but why one month. Fucking hate waiting.

It's probably not done. The PC version obviously needed more work than the console versions (DX11, physx, optimization, etc). The same thing happened with Arkham Asylum when the PC version was released three weeks later.

@ryanwho said:

I think they think a lot of people who would pirate the PC version will now buy the console version instead of waiting. Because console piracy doesn't exist. lol

And even if console piracy doesn't exist, this still wouldn't happen because people who pirate a PC game because they don't want to pay $50 for it aren't going to go out and buy a $60 console game, especially considering that I'm betting a significant number of those PC pirates probably don't have consoles to begin with.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MrKlorox
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RsistncE

@xhavoc86 said:

@RsistncE said:

@xhavoc86 said:

@RsistncE: Agreed, it doesn't. Not by any great margin.

lol u so mad

I'm so not lol, if you really think that looks thats much different great, but i dont see it. I would love to see a side by side comparison like i mentioned.

You wanted your comparison. Here, have it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449044

What's the point in even replying to you now?

@DonPixel: gike just posted a comparison of screenshots. It's pretty clear the console version looks like a muddied up, flat piece of shit compared to the PC version. But of course that doesn't matter since I have a busy life and can't spend my life in front of the computer like a loser. Logic win!

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@gike987 said:

@RsistncE said:

@xhavoc86 said:

@RsistncE said:

@xhavoc86 said:

Needs more lens of truth action, i don't notice any big difference to be honest... its looks the same as the consoles.

lol console gaming peasant. u mad?

Everyone keeps saying it will look better, and it doesn't look any noticeably better. I rather just play it now on console rather than wait on pc, which i do play on too :P

http://www.geforce.com/Active/en_US/shared/images/articles/batmanarkhamcityvideo/BatmanArkhamCityPC-Tessellation.png

Yeah, totally doesn't look any better.

Compare the two pictures posted in this thread. The tree looks much more detailed. On consoles the texture looks completely flat.

The game does look better on PC, but who expected otherwise? Why is all this causing such a shitstorm? Who cares.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Bestostero

@thornie said:

@xhavoc86: Capturing a smooth 60 FPS expereince with higher res textures is impossible to convey over a YT video. You have to sit down and play it for yourself to experience it.

I can agree with this!

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Gav47

Its amazing how just three people can totally fucking derail a topic.

PC version looks great but you better have a GTX 580 if you want to run at 60 fps in Phyx heavy areas, I remember AA being the same. And 17GB install = Dem high res textures.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RsistncE

@NekuSakuraba: You should probably read most of the thread: it was a litany of console kids coming in claiming that the PC version didn't look any better than the console version. So we replied.

@xhavoc86: Good job ignoring the link that was posted with the comparison screen shot. Feels pretty shitty to be wrong doesn't it console peasant?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DonPixel

@RsistncE: yeah I'm pretty sure that is the case mr 3,961 post.. bussy life it is.

also no one is saying PC is not going to look better at most people is saying they don't care about the difference

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By scarace360

@spazmaster666 said:

@xhavoc86 said:

From the footage I've seen of the console versions of Arkham City, they look worse than the PC version of Arkham Asylum, which was DX9. The PC version of Arkham Asylum will have DX11 meaning it will look better, and run faster. Also, I'll take 2560x1440 with 4xAA over 1280x720 wih 2xAA any day of the week.

@scarace360 said:

well thats all well and good but why one month. Fucking hate waiting.

It's probably not done. The PC version obviously needed more work than the console versions (DX11, physx, optimization, etc). The same thing happened with Arkham Asylum when the PC version was released three weeks later.

@ryanwho said:

I think they think a lot of people who would pirate the PC version will now buy the console version instead of waiting. Because console piracy doesn't exist. lol

And even if console piracy doesn't exist, this still wouldn't happen because people who pirate a PC game because they don't want to pay $50 for it aren't going to go out and buy a $60 console game, especially considering that I'm betting a significant number of those PC pirates probably don't have consoles to begin with.

well if they did it also with the first game they probably dont have enough people and money to get all three out on the same day.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MrKlorox

I'll just take my videocards out of SLI mode and dedicate one to Physx like I did with Asylum. Framerate never once dipped because of physics this way.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RsistncE

@DonPixel said:

@RsistncE: yeah I'm pretty sure that is the case mr 3,961 post.. bussy life it is.

also no one is saying PC is not going to look better at most people is saying they don't care about the difference

I've been with these forums for over 3 years. Math time!

3961 / ~(3*365) = A WHOPPING 3.6 POSTS A DAY. JESUS HOW DID I EVER FIND THE TIME. Also you assume that I've been posting at a constant rate on these forums: I haven't. The vast majority of my posts came in my first year, and then as my life got busy they tapered off.

Also: can you not read? Or do you need me to quote the posts which clearly say that the PC version doesn't look better, or isn't noticeably better? Because it does. We proved that. They need to admit they were wrong and go back to twiddling their thumbsticks.

YOU'RE SMART GUY.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DonPixel

@RsistncE said:

YOU'RE SMART GUY.

Thanks I do take that. Once again your though complexity shines.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RsistncE

@DonPixel said:

@RsistncE said:

YOU'RE SMART GUY.

Thanks I do take that. Once again your though complexity shines.

I like how you're making all these assumptions about what I'm really like from my forum posts. It's pretty classic.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ryanwho

I think you like big butts.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By cyraxible

Internet is super serious guys.

On topic: I think the particles do add a lot of small details to fill out the world. Not necessary but definitely makes the world feel more lively. Take the vault scene with and without the swirls of bills floating around. It looks like a non-descript arena without that detail.

However I won't be experiencing any of the PhysX niceties because I have an ATI card. Doesn't make me want a GeForce though.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By salad10203

The real upgrade is 1080p and anti-aliasing, but this is cool too.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By RsistncE
    OsvaldoMoreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By OsvaldoMoreno

@amir90 said:

HAHAH, doesn't mean fuck for me, as I am ati user.

This...

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By canucks23

Wow this thread....

Anyways i'll probably pick it up on pc once it goes on a steam sale next summer or something. I couldn't wait the extra month for the pc version because bf3/skyrim would be out by then and i wouldn't have the time to play it.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#71  Edited By Commisar123

Looks like some cool effects, but the textures and lighting seem pretty comparable. Yeah I would buy this one over the console version, but I can't wait so I bought it day one.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RsistncE

@canucks23 said:

Wow this thread....

Anyways i'll probably pick it up on pc once it goes on a steam sale next summer or something. I couldn't wait the extra month for the pc version because bf3/skyrim would be out by then and i wouldn't have the time to play it.

YOU ARE A CANUCKS FAN, YOUR OPINION DOESN'T COUNT.

:P

@Commisar123 said:

Looks like some cool effects, but the textures and lighting seem pretty comparable. Yeah I would buy this one over the console version, but I can't wait so I bought it day one.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449044

I wouldn't say they're comparable at all.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#73  Edited By CrimsonNoir

Looks pretty cool, but console players aren't going to miss out on much. It's just extra detail that people won't really think about when they're actively playing the game. It's like watching a movie in 720p vs. 1080p, you don't really notice or give a shit when you're enjoying the movie.

benson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By benson

@RsistncE said:

PC gamer rage

You sound like such a nice and fun person, I bet you're a blast at parties!

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By cheesebob

@OsvaldoMoreno said:

@amir90 said:

HAHAH, doesn't mean fuck for me, as I am ati user.

This...

This sadly

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jmfinamore

Looks good. But like people said, the lack of discrimination with the effects make it look ridiculous sometimes. The bump in resolution and AA are really making it stand well above the console version, in all honesty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.