xon's Batman: Arkham City (PC) review

• xon wrote this review on .
  • xon has written a total of 14 reviews. The last one was for Alan Wake (Steam)

The Big Bad Bat is Back

This game is an incredible virtual experience of the comic books. It is clear that the makers trawled through the comics and incorporated as much from the lore as they could.

Initially I found the game disorientating. It is big and wide and open though the main story and sub-plots are bee-line straight. Moreover they aren't interwoven so you can get lost.

The graphics are...well, I have a ATI Sapphire and this game is optimized for Geforce and I've had to disable all DX11 features. Not only that but most realistic environmental effects are courtesy of Physx and therefore only present with geforce. Having said that the game still look colorful and rich in detail, though on my machine a hair's-breadth inferior to the original. I feel somewhat cheated.

All in all, a great game. Like the giantbomb review: if you liked Arkham Asylum its time to help yourself to some dessert.