Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1943

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 08, 2009

Return to the Pacific Theater in this simpler, downloadable, console-exclusive sequel to the massive World War II first-person shooter Battlefield 1942. It was later shut down on December 2023.

Does anyone know how to play battlefield?

jpklis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jpklis

It seems that everytime I play battlefield everyone on my team just waits around for a plane to fly around in and never try to capture flags.  Anyone out there want to play and actually have some fun with it by being in a squad and working together? Add me if you want my PSN is Klisser

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By warxsnake

every server ive joined so far has had people actually play the way the game was meant to be played running around shooting and capping flags.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By yakov456

What do you expect, unless you play with friends thats what happens. 

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

Thats happened to me once out of about 70 games

JoshMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By JoshMan

Thats what happens when you play online games

AngryKraut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AngryKraut
    @JoshMan said:
    " Thats what happens when you play online  "
    BF is an online only game....
    primehunter326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By primehunter326

Yeah it seems like more than half of my teams don't have a clue and just let the other team cap all of the flags while they all come and join me at the one I\m defending.

For my part I like to defend or assist my team wherever possible and not die too much.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mikemcn

To answer your title, yes i know how to play, but i dont have a playstation....

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By jkz

There's always at least a certain percentage that do play the game right. I just tend to play lone-wolf, running in all stealthy-like to cap flags. People eventually mob up and you start getting a domino effect. Sure, you don't see tank squadrons flanked by jeeps manned by gunners as planes fly overhead laying down strafing runs and flattening points before the main body arrives....but then again 3/4 of the people who play have the mental capabilities of a 13 year old, yippydoodles

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By breadfan
    @AngryKraut said:
    " @JoshMan said:
    " Thats what happens when you play online  "
    BF is an online only game.... "
    He's referring to playing an online game in general
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i play BF2 not many people other than my clan mates know how the game should be played..they just fly and snipe and experiment with C4..

but when 10+ people online know whats up and go for the flags it be a hell of a fucking fight
    TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By TheJollyRajah
    @Pie said:
    " Thats happened to me once out of about 70 games "
    Send me an invite then, because it's the exact opposite for me!

Most of the time, when a round starts, 80% of my team waits on the carrier for a plane, while I've already traveled halfway to a flag to get my 30 points. Here's a few tips for everyone: 

-Screw the planes, they fucking suck. You're better off on the ground helping your team.

-Rifleman is the best class. Infantry is meh, and Scouts are useless if you suck at sniping, or if you don't know how to take advantage of your remote bombs.

-When a match starts, hop into a boat as fast as you can and head for the closest flag. 90% of the time, you'll get 30 points to start the match with.

-DO NOT blow up tanks that the enemy has abandoned. Too many times I see an enemy hop out of an undamaged tank and my team just blows it up instantly before I can get into it. 

-Don't ever use a car's turret without a driver, it just makes you a really easy target to blow the shit out of.
    Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I know how to play, I just like to have fun and capturing flags isn't that fun to me. Its a game so I don't take it to seriously and I don't care if our team wins or loses. Im just in it for the fun

primehunter326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By primehunter326
    @TheJollyRajah said:
    " @Pie said:
    " Thats happened to me once out of about 70 games "
    Send me an invite then, because it's the exact opposite for me!

Most of the time, when a round starts, 80% of my team waits on the carrier for a plane, while I've already traveled halfway to a flag to get my 30 points. Here's a few tips for everyone: 

-Screw the planes, they fucking suck. You're better off on the ground helping your team.

-Rifleman is the best class. Infantry is meh, and Scouts are useless if you suck at sniping, or if you don't know how to take advantage of your remote bombs.

-When a match starts, hop into a boat as fast as you can and head for the closest flag. 90% of the time, you'll get 30 points to start the match with.

-DO NOT blow up tanks that the enemy has abandoned. Too many times I see an enemy hop out of an undamaged tank and my team just blows it up instantly before I can get into it. 

-Don't ever use a car's turret without a driver, it just makes you a really easy target to blow the shit out of.
    "
    These are all good tips. 

I wish infantry were more useful.  I liked the sound of them when I started playing but now I mostly play rifleman.  The M1 beats the SMG in most scenarios, it takes 3+ rockets to blow up a tank (maybe less depending on where you hit it) and nobody stops to let you repair them with the wrench.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pie

Am i the only one who prefers the infantry class?

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By super_machine
    @Pie: Probably not. I like the sniper because it lets me play suicide Jeep. Plus I'm pretty deadly with the pistol.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Cube

LOL I guess lots of people haven't played the old Battlefield games, which is actually pretty cool because more people get to see how good it is.

ezekielzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By ezekielzero
    @Pie: im also a pretty big fan of it mainly for the ability to keep one tank for an entire round
    WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By WickedCobra03
    I agree.  I think most console gamers are kind of ignorant to the variety and vastness of the PC-landscape.  I am not saying console gamers are idiots because I have all 3 plus a gaming rig but as far as shooters go, most know CoD4, Halo and then I guess Forza 2 is still pretty popular.  Other than that, it does not seem like many can wrap their heads around a conquest mode and how to advance and even the most basic tactics are all but foreign to the and have problems working as a team or even joining squads seems to be a hard concept.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By c1337us

With a game controller. Do I win?

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By angelkanarias

When that happens I end up capturing the flags my self and finish beign the one with the most points. It is actually fun, but that doesn't happen to me always.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Daryl
    @Pie: I pretty much only play as infantry. I let them Red Orchestra fags run around with their rifles.
    lasborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By lasborg
    @Daryl said:
    " @Pie: I pretty much only play as infantry. I let them Red Orchestra fags run around with their rifles. "
    Only been playing for a couple of days and i enjoy the infantry as well. I enjoy blowing things up with the rocket launcher and I am even an avid AA-Gunner.
    GreatOneFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GreatOneFreak

Well I play BF2142 on the tournament level and the only advice I have for you is to enjoy the noobs while they're here.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Phished0ne
    @TheJollyRajah said:
    Here's a few tips for everyone: 

"
     Pretty good tips for the most part...except the one about planes, the planes are very useful if you use them right,  i usually use them to make a few bombing passes on a capture point then parachute down and cap it. 

But most of the games i play only have 2 or 3 people waiting on the carriers for a plane, most of the game i am in 90 percent of the people are "playing right".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.