Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1943

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 08, 2009

Return to the Pacific Theater in this simpler, downloadable, console-exclusive sequel to the massive World War II first-person shooter Battlefield 1942. It was later shut down on December 2023.

Please tell me this game isn't all Tking!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

I have heard alot about all the normal battlefield issues of being left behind without a boat or plane or whatever, but is there an issue with teamkilling?

I went back and installed BF2 and within the first ten minutes i was shot in the back for trying to get in a chopper my teamate wanted, bombed by my own team's jet while in a boat, crushed by an allied plane, and blown up by an allies C4.

Just want to hear what your experiences with the game have been.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Spike94

Hmm...only thing I've come across is that a teammate killed me to get inside a tank. All things considered, you could do a lot worse.

And it could have very well been an enemy, but I am 95% sure it was a fellow USMC bro...

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mikemcn
    @Spike94 said:
    "Hmm...only thing I've come across is that a teammate killed me to get inside a tank. All things considered, you could do a lot worse.And it could have very well been an enemy, but I am 95% sure it was a fellow USMC bro... "

So friendly fire is turned on for the console version?
    Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spike94
    @Mikemcn said:
    "@Spike94 said:
    "Hmm...only thing I've come across is that a teammate killed me to get inside a tank. All things considered, you could do a lot worse.And it could have very well been an enemy, but I am 95% sure it was a fellow USMC bro... "
    So friendly fire is turned on for the console version? "

It seems that way. However, as I said, it could have just been an enemy. I'd go check now, but I deleted the game (my means of getting it were ill and dishonest).
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mikemcn
    @Spike94 said:
    "@Mikemcn said:
    "@Spike94 said:
    It seems that way. However, as I said, it could have just been an enemy. I'd go check now, but I deleted the game (my means of getting it were ill and dishonest). "

Im not going to question how you got it then haha
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By RsistncE

There is no friendly fire in BF1943. In fact you can't teamkill at all, I haven't seen anyone able to do it. So don't worry, those TK'ing douches are on a leash right now. Not sure how the PC version is gonna be come September though.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikemcn
    @RsistncE said:
    "There is no friendly fire in BF1943. In fact you can't teamkill at all, I haven't seen anyone able to do it. So don't worry, those TK'ing douches are on a leash right now. Not sure how the PC version is gonna be come September though."

Thats the one im worried about, and in the QOTW, Lemon couldnt kill anyone of his teamates so your obviously right now that i think about it, thanks
    Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spike94
    @Mikemcn said:
    "@Spike94 said:
    "@Mikemcn said:
    "@Spike94 said:
    It seems that way. However, as I said, it could have just been an enemy. I'd go check now, but I deleted the game (my means of getting it were ill and dishonest). "
    Im not going to question how you got it then haha "

Ha! Eh, just made a new profile and used my friend's (he already bought it) account and stuff. Probably not as interesting as what you may have thought. xD
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RsistncE
    @Spike94: No problem. The game is fucking awesome...you know, just to clarify.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikemcn
    @Spike94:
    I assumed you broke into DICE's HQ in Sweden, hacked into their network, and downloaded it directly onto your Xbox/PS3 hard drive, thats what i would have done, only i dont really want to go to sweden
    Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spike94
    @RsistncE:  Ha, I know, it's fun. I had it for a good few days to a week or so before I realized "this isn't in God's favor", so I deleted it. I hope you continue to enjoy it the way you seem to. xD

@Mikemcn: Ha! Yeah, my flight got cancelled so I said "forget that" and got it in the aforementioned way.
    Needless to say, your way is far more exciting.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Team killing is not an issue on 1943 because team damage is turned off, BUT that doesn't keep your team from killing the vehicles your in its quite easy to do and one of the beefs with this game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i play BF2 all the time, the servers i play on dont have friendly fire and those who teamkill you (usually by running you over) get banned. no TKing problem.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By Forcen
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RsistncE
    @WilliamRLBaker: Not unless you're in them. As soon as you get in a vehicle it becomes invulnerable to friendly fire...unfortunately they can still be blown up while you're running towards them.
    retwakm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By retwakm
    @Mikemcn said:
    " I have heard alot about all the normal battlefield issues of being left behind without a boat or plane or whatever, but is there an issue with teamkilling?I went back and installed BF2 and within the first ten minutes i was shot in the back for trying to get in a chopper my teamate wanted, bombed by my own team's jet while in a boat, crushed by an allied plane, and blown up by an allies C4.Just want to hear what your experiences with the game have been. "
    wow.... you really have had some bad battlefield times. with my experiance in battlefield bad company ( pretty much same thing as 1943 same engine and everything ) it was generally pretty smooth. I mean, its an online shooter so there are gonna be those 8 year old kids who tk alot but overall its better than a game like halo. anyway, ive found battlefield games alot more fun when you have a couple friends to join a squad with. and judging by how well this game has been selling you will have PLENTY of friends that have it.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mikemcn

@retwakm said:

"@Mikemcn said:
    " I have heard alot about all the normal battlefield issues of being left behind without a boat or plane or whatever, but is there an issue with teamkilling?I went back and installed BF2 and within the first ten minutes i was shot in the back for trying to get in a chopper my teamate wanted, bombed by my own team's jet while in a boat, crushed by an allied plane, and blown up by an allies C4.Just want to hear what your experiences with the game have been. "
    wow.... you really have had some bad battlefield times. with my experiance in battlefield bad company ( pretty much same thing as 1943 same engine and everything ) it was generally pretty smooth. I mean, its an online shooter so there are gonna be those 8 year old kids who tk alot but overall its better than a game like halo. anyway, ive found battlefield games alot more fun when you have a couple friends to join a squad with. and judging by how well this game has been selling you will have PLENTY of friends that have it.

"

Ya for unknown reasons if i update BF2 it makes the game crash, so there are only 5 servers to play on, Only 3 of those actually work and 2 are based in the Middle East, and owned by some clan that speaks arabic (Really adds to the atmosphere when your fighting as the Middle East Coalition) and the 3rd is based in Moscow so everyone speaks Russian, there is very little communication. Swearing at them doesnt work either because they dont know what your saying and the only non Middle East/Russia people who come on are 10 year olds who only know how to make your life miserable.

Im sure 1943 is alot more fun, haha
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Akeldama
    @Mikemcn said:
    sounds like BF to me 
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nanikore

I got the game this morning, and the only thing I've noticed is a little "hostile" firing in my direction by my teammates when trying to get a plane. Not that it bothers me, I haven't seen anyone being killed by a teammate so far.

Anyway, this game is awesome, and at $15 bucks it is absolutely worth it.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Daryl

TKing was one of the first things I tried out in '43 but sadly my jeep didn't knock one of my moronic teammates off the road.

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Happy

Can you hop out of the jeep at the last second crushing your unlucky teammate as is possible in Battlefield Heroes?

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By super_machine
    @Daryl said:
    " TKing was one of the first things I tried out in '43 but sadly my jeep didn't knock one of my moronic teammates off the road. "
    THats one thing I like about not having TK. I can hop in a jeep and ride shotgun, plant a bunch of bombs on the hood and hop out if the driver heads near enemies. I'll blow my charges, kill the enemies, but my team mate, and his jeep are un-damaged.

The only time I got TKd was from an team mate bombing raid. I was unfortunate enough to be driving through the blast zone with three charges planted on my jeep. It was technically a suicide, but...
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Cube

I haven't been teamkilled yet, dunno!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.