Battlefield 3 confirmed, yay!

#1 Edited by TomA (2531 posts) -
#2 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

I point out this:

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/battlefield-3/247342/#15

But you put it in the right game forum so yeah.

#3 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

lame, other one locked. guess this is the new thread.

#4 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

WHAT YES

#5 Posted by pause422 (6218 posts) -

I knew there was a BF3 in development for like the last year and  a half, and I assumed everyone else did..oh well. As for milking it, I really don't know if you can call it that, Bad Company is so far from what a Battlefield game actually is that its not really a BF game at all. Long as BF3 doesn't follow in BC steps, it will be great, and the only true BF sequel.

#6 Posted by insanejedi (654 posts) -

Isn't it the 5th?

1942, Vietnam, 2 (yeah this is already screwed up), 2142, and now 3?

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14424 posts) -
@insanejedi said:
" Isn't it the 5th?1942, Vietnam, 2 (yeah this is already screwed up), 2142, and now 3? "
It's almost as messed up as resident evil.

Actually, forget that, no games numbering system is anywhere near as messed up as resident evil.
#8 Posted by Kohe321 (3531 posts) -

This is awesome news!

#9 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -
@MattyFTM: Yeah, it's kind of weird. They use the  numbered iterations when there is a significant change in the game beyond what is essentially just a re-skin on the same engine: Battlefield 1942 (1) / Vietnam, Battlefield 2 / 2142, Battlefield 3 / whatever game DICE decides to milk it with.

Anyway, I'm just glad it's coming out, so I don't care what it's called.
#10 Posted by Matt_ (337 posts) -

So since the series seems to keep going into the future Battlefield 3 will take place in 2200 and will be followed by Battlefield 40,000.

#11 Posted by Johnny5 (1355 posts) -

or backwards! Battlefield 2000 BC. Instead of Capture the flag its Protect Jesus!

#12 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

...How do you protect Jesus in 2000 BC? With a time machine that gets you somewhere between 1 to 33 AD?

#13 Posted by Matt_ (337 posts) -
@Johnny5 said:
"or backwards! Battlefield 2000 BC. Instead of Capture the flag its Protect Jesus!"

Fail.
#14 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -
@Johnny5: hahaha, might want to think that over again.
#15 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

hoorayyyyy i hope its mostly similar to BF2 :D :D :D

#16 Posted by Cloneslayer (1641 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
"
@insanejedi said:
" Isn't it the 5th?1942, Vietnam, 2 (yeah this is already screwed up), 2142, and now 3? "
It's almost as messed up as resident evil.Actually, forget that, no games numbering system is anywhere near as messed up as resident evil. "
Whatever, the US/Japan FF numbers confuse me way more that RE
#17 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

I hope they release it for 360 and ps3...I wanna play this game.

#18 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker: I have no problem with that so long as they build it first and foremost for PC; a true sequel to BF2.

I have no problem with more people getting in on the fun, I just don't want things to get hurt for the sake of bringing to consoles.
#19 Posted by InvisibleWalnut (14 posts) -

BRING IT TO CONSOLES................................ BUT WITH PRONE THIS TIME :DDDD 

Go ahead and make Battlefield 1943 with ALL the maps and ALL the vehicles and ALL the weapons and ALL the countries like in 1942 PLZZZZZZ
#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@InvisibleWalnut said:
" BRING IT TO CONSOLES................................ BUT WITH PRONE THIS TIME :DDDD  Go ahead and make Battlefield 1943 with ALL the maps and ALL the vehicles and ALL the weapons and ALL the countries like in 1942 PLZZZZZZ "
*gives you a chill pill*
#21 Posted by Bucketdeth (8045 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" It's almost as messed up as resident evil.Actually, forget that, no games numbering system is anywhere near as messed up as resident evil. "
If you count all the games in the Final Fantasy series, then I would say it gives Resident Evil a run for it's money.
#22 Posted by Kohe321 (3531 posts) -

Hey, I remember this thread. oO

#23 Posted by demonbear (1876 posts) -
@Kohe321 said:
" Hey, I remember this thread. oO "
Yeah and its STILL awesome news. :D
#24 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@demonbear said:
" @Kohe321 said:
Yeah and its STILL awesome news. :D "
Perhaps, if it was actually going to happen.
It was confirmed a long time ago that it ISN'T happening, and now the developers studio has been shut down.

I'm sure it'll happen..  eventually, but right now, we couldn't be further from a Battlefront III.
#25 Posted by Kohe321 (3531 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @demonbear said:
" @Kohe321 said:
Perhaps, if it was actually going to happen. It was confirmed a long time ago that it ISN'T happening, and now the developers studio has been shut down.  I'm sure it'll happen..  eventually, but right now, we couldn't be further from a Battlefront III. "
We're talking about Battlefield not battlefront. Dice is still doing fine.
#26 Posted by demonbear (1876 posts) -
@Kohe321 said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @demonbear said:
" @Kohe321 said:
Perhaps, if it was actually going to happen. It was confirmed a long time ago that it ISN'T happening, and now the developers studio has been shut down.  I'm sure it'll happen..  eventually, but right now, we couldn't be further from a Battlefront III. "
We're talking about Battlefield not battlefront. Dice is still doing fine. "
For one second there, he got me worried. Then I remembered DICE is freakin' awesome. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.