Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

BF3 After Two Months

• 68 results
    Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beaudacious

This game has been morphed into an utter piece of crap. Hit-boxes are worse now then on launch day, the multiple gun nerfs have turned this into a cod paintball wanna bee. All the people who complained within the first month have gone and left us to deal with the aftermath of their forum trolling. The state of the game reeks of desperation from dice to be the COD killer.

Pistols are garbage, beyond the invisible physics limit dice has set in place. After 10ft you bullet sha'll magically turn away from your foe! I feel like am playing a FPS designed by Obsidian. Chalk that up as the 1st artificial limit set by dice.

Light machine-guns are garbage, I can shoot someone with 12 m60 bullets (IF the fucking game bothers to register those bullets), and they live no problem. Whats the point of having a 100 clip when it take 20 bullets to kill someone on a good day with Ms.Moody Hitbox. It seems all dice wants is for support to suppress and not actually kill things while doing it. Chalk that up as the 2nd artificial limit set by dice.

Knifing, holy shit Knifing. Some hows its gotten worse over the updates, i don't know how it just has. Next patch you'll have to recite a poem before dice allows you to knife someone. Chalk that up as the 3rd artificial limit set by dice.

Shotguns, well dice hates shotguns. Also the 12g frag magically disappears if shot from the hip. If i want to kill myself a-la Kamikaze with my 12g frag then so be it, stop making decisions for me Dice. Chalk that up as the 4th artificial limit set by dice.

It seems dice Really enjoys controlling the user experience now. Wait? I though this was Battle Field? Where i could sit on the wing of a jet flying at Mach shooting guys on the ground with my machine gun? Why am i playing this sorry piece of crap barely affiliated with what once was a great franchise. I don't want my tank to have great explosion models, i wanna surf on the enemies tank killing his allies while he never knows I'm on top of him.

Jets flying at 10 mph? Hovering with no hover thrusters? Enough said...

Explosions have taken on the ability to not destroy walls, but to travel through Walls, Rocks, Vehicles, and anything really. Seems like dice decided to tone down environmental destruction but forgot to adjust the geometry accordingly. Guess what! The lagger with 200 ping throws a grenade, don't even bother running cause the game will compensate by leaving your soul behind while you run ahead to get away from the grenade.

The rubber banding for people playing on 3rd world internet connections is incredible. Its actually better to be a lagger then not, since having a good connection deserves punishment.

Finally class balance, all you see is teams full of engie's or assault's since the name of the game is pick the gun that sprays with the smallest cone of fire.(Famas anyone?) Most fire fights end in spraying full clips of ammo. Honestly at this point BF:BC2 is more rewarding to play then BF3 since the hit-boxes in that game, still being shit ,are 10 times better then the crap we have in BF3.

This game has been turned into a show piece with no substance, of course I'll keep playing though since I'm a gamer, and publishers know we take abuse like no other consumer base.

It reeks of wanting to be cod even more so now then on release, but if i wanted cod I'd go play cod.

Is all the old school shooter community have to look forward to, shitty reskins of CS:S and Tribes?

I honestly am starting to hate video games, since everything is becoming more flash and less substance. More and more games are coming out with absolute shit game-play, controls, and feel while piling on as much visual garbage as they can. Uncharted 4: The Cutscene with shit Gunplay. I have movies with enough Micheal Bay explosions, i come to video Games to INTERACT not watch explosions, and cut-scenes.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

What platform? Pistols on the PC version are quite powerful in short rage.

Otrebor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Otrebor
    No Caption Provided
    bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bushpusherr

Please go away

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Beaudacious

@mosdl: PC as well. Yes they are powerful in QCB but bullets magically turn when you exceed a preset limit by dice.

@bushpusherr: Probably be here longer then you, so you might want to pack your bags if irk you so severely.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Sounds like your just garbage and blaming it on other things, I love the game and it seems to be getting better as I got the B2K map pack and those maps are amazing.

Stay right there ill call you a Wahhhh-balance

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bushpusherr

Yes, never has a three word response conveyed such severity.

What is actually the case is that your argument is tired and sensationalist. You come off as nothing more than someone who simply isn't any good at the game, especially given that there are legions of people that don't seem to have any problem using pistols/LMG's/shotguns/knives. I haven't had any problems with hit detection, and I'm not even running a super high end PC. Perhaps you just don't understand that guns actually have recoil and if you spray like a maniac they aren't going to fly straight (like they do in Call of Duty, which you are so fond of comparing this game to).

Also, just as a note, the knifing in this game is a better solution than the majority of FPS games. Teleport auto-lunge knifing is one of the most annoying things in most contemporary FPSs. Not having an automatic instant kill at close range is something that I really like about BF3.

And the M60 only takes 20 bullets when you can't aim. Again, tap the trigger, don't hold the shit down. Recoil exists.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Buscemi

I just bought it. I hate it and I love it. Stuff.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Beaudacious

@Bourbon_Warrior: @bushpusherr: I use to play cs, an cs:s for real money be it in tourney's, or gambling on matches against other teams. I've played enough FPS games throughout my life to be quite good, and probably better then you and most people on this site. Its not arrogance its the confidence in my skills to bet 100$ on a cs match time and time again.( My part-time job in high-school) And yes cs does translate to every fps, since most modern fps game are piss easy compared to the games of old. I twitch that gun like a crazy person, and probably am after all that time in seedy dark rooms filling my wallet with cash.

Also if you think the hit-boxes in this game are fine, you've never played an fps on any competitive level.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Beaudacious: Well I shoot people and they die, I dont see the problem. Plus your complaint about knifes is a joke, i like knifes in battlefield it feels more realistic than just swiping at someone and they go down I love creeping up on a sniper and stabbing them in the throat. Plus your CS for money is complete BS, PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!!!

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By easthill

@Beaudacious: Would be much easier and more relevant to link to your Battlelog profile instead of boasting of CS 'accolades'. You know - since BF ain't CS.

Also if you think the hit-boxes in this game are fine, you've never played an fps on any competitive level.

If you want perfect hitboxes, play on LANs. There will always be imperfections with hitboxes when playing online, and Battlefield have more going on than any other shooter.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Canteu

@Beaudacious: I also used to play 1.6 on a competitive level, bear this in mind.

Pistols are fine (albeit a little underpowered but not too much), it's called bullet drop. Aim higher.

LMG's are very powerful. They are stupidly accurate and do about the same damage as an Assault Rifle ~4 hits to kill. Never fire full auto, the bullets go nowhere near the target.

Knifing is 100% fine. I really don't know what to tell you here.

The shotguns are ridiculous. Have you even used the 870 or M1014?

Frag rounds are stupid retarded. Have you seen the USAS12+frag? They have incredible range, and they fucking explode. Of course you're going to die if you shoot explosions at somebody at point blank.

Jets are a slow yes, but this just sounds like you're joining crappy servers with a crappy connction.

Yes they toned down the destruction, this is a bad thing, but not nearly as severe as your hyperbole is making it out to be. Once again it sounds like you're joining crappy servers with with a crappy connection.

Rubber banding is bad, but lagging is not a good thing. You can't do shit when you're lagging.

Classes are balanced if you're playing it right, i got service star 1 in each class in almost exactly the same amount of hours. People play these classes because they require the least skill. Support is the only OP class in terms of point generation. Complaining about the FAMAS is retarded. People who complain about things only complain about the things that kill them. That gun empties a clip in about a second and takes about 5 to reload. You can kill like 2 people with it, then you're fucked. You get killed by it a lot, because it is new. In a few weeks everyone will go back to the AEK and F2000.

This isnt BC2. The bullets are not 100% accurate like BC2. This is to account for "realism", which personally i don't like and prefer the BC2 model. However, as a CS player you know for a damn fact that bullets do not go exactly where you're pointing, this is where skill and control come into play, as you should know.

Go write this on the official forums, i'm sure you'll get a great welcome.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13  Edited By zyn

I feel the same; but I still play the game with friends... however, only when THEY want to.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grillbar

the only problem i have with the game is that i suck at using the the planes and heli's and the anti air for the foot soldier are really not effective due to the flares and so on.@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Beaudacious: Well I shoot people and they die, I dont see the problem. Plus your complaint about knifes is a joke, i like knifes in battlefield it feels more realistic than just swiping at someone and they go down I love creeping up on a sniper and stabbing them in the throat.

ive tried knifing a guy and it diddent do that animation, after knifing his to times he just shot me wich pissed me of, other then that i also love it, that and killing someone with a blowtorch its so humiliating

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deathstriker666

The changes are great. I remember in the Beta every gun in the game would kill you in 1 or 2 hits with an incredibly lenient hit detection. Made having to play Operation Metro awful. Stop bitching about every little change and get used to it. No one is forcing you to keep playing Battlefield 3. CS or any other FPS that you own will always be there waiting for you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

BF3 is shit. Play Nuclear Dawn.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vodun

Sucks to be you, I'm enjoying the game. Buh bye!

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xdaknightx69

hey look another one of these threads .. good work OP!

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sjupp

@xdaknightx69 said:

hey look another one of these threads .. good work OP!

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Gizmo

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

BF3 is shit. Play Nuclear Dawn.

Nuclear Dawn looks like a shitty Source mod, why on earth would I want to play that over Battlefield 3?

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By clstirens

@Beaudacious said:

@Bourbon_Warrior: @bushpusherr: I use to play cs, an cs:s for real money be it in tourney's, or gambling on matches against other teams. I've played enough FPS games throughout my life to be quite good, and probably better then you and most people on this site. Its not arrogance its the confidence in my skills to bet 100$ on a cs match time and time again.( My part-time job in high-school) And yes cs does translate to every fps, since most modern fps game are piss easy compared to the games of old. I twitch that gun like a crazy person, and probably am after all that time in seedy dark rooms filling my wallet with cash.

I'm going to shock the fuck out of you with this, but CS and CS:S are bad examples to compare this to. They are both great pc games, and are both played consistently to this day.

The issue is that both of those games have guns that work via Hitscan, aka instantaneous travel. In BF3, the guns all have bullet drop and muzzle velocity, meaning travel time, damage reduction over range depending on the gun/ammo type. Also, the guns in counter strike do have kick and recoil, though it's not as severe as it is in battlefield. CS's guns are more akin to Call of Duty than the recent battlefield games. Couple the increased recoil with bullet drop and muzzle velocity, and you've got yourself a HUGE number of factors that affect accuracy for the player.

I'm not saying this game is without its flaws, but this was a really bad comparison to make, you being skilled or not.

*Also, stop using the damn M60, that gun is WAY too unwieldy to be used offensively.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By Seppli

Take a break. Come back. With clear eyes. Don't take BF3 too seriously. BF3 is the greatest piece of entertainment software written to date. That realization lasts for a couple of hours. Then all the little things you hate (and you are not alone in this) will sour you on the experience again. Time to take another break.

I can take BF3 one 2-3 hours session a day at the most. After that, I'm running out of virtues and it turns into a ragefest. It's best enjoyed in small doses every 2-3 days. Seeing it clearly, it is unbelievably awesome. B2K maps are the sickest shit ever. Can scarcely await for them to turn up ground deformation again. It will be maddeningly brilliant.

Don't worry, we all hate BF3 to a point. Genious and madness are affiliated closely.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Karl_Boss

@clstirens said:

@Beaudacious said:

*Also, stop using the damn M60, that gun is WAY too unwieldy to be used offensively.

I remember when the M60 was brokenly awesome in Bad Company 2 before it was nerfed to hell....is it really that bad in Battlefield 3?

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MysteriousFawx

I stopped taking this thread seriously when I read 'This game has been turned into a show piece with no substance, of course I'll keep playing though since I'm a gamer, and publishers know we take abuse like no other consumer base.'

Anyone who plays a game because it means they get to keep their gamer status is trying too hard...find something you actually enjoy, its not hard.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jack268
    @mosdl said:

short rage.

Accurately describes the OP
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Karl_Boss

The only thing currently annoying me about this game is the Tehran Highway glitch where snipers can get up on top of the main highway....hope they fix this exploit soon.

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ChillyUK7

How am I enjoying the hell out of this game with all these 'problems!'

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Play better maybe? I've been playing from the start, and haven't noticed anything dramatic. Knifing works perfectly and just today I shot a guy from 30m with my pistol.

Though, the hovering F35 is a real fucking bitch. It just hangs there while destroying your choppers. Then again, it's an easy target for HMG's and missiles.

@Unknown_Pleasures: I used to rip fools apart in Bad Company 2 with the OP M60. I'd say that the M60 in its current form in BF3 is completely useless, but the support has many great LMG's to pick from so it's kind of hard to care.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Azteck

Hovering jets isn't an issue at all. They are the easiest thing in the world to take down. Why are you even complaining about that?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By pweidman

BF3 is mostly amazing, and the biggest thrill out there for competitve gamers imo, but why oh why can't DICE fix the squad feature?  I mean come on, how can this be ignored for so long?   

Our work around has been joining from dash but the new patch squashed that feature...great job.....not.   

Every fucking night we have to quit, rejoin, play as blues or worse, against friends.  Last night all four of us got dropped because of lost connection to server.  And the reluctance to go back in and fiddle w/the squad mechanic was palpable among my dudes.   It's wearing thin to say the least.   

2 fucking months and this is completely ignored, or maybe just unresolved?  Why would this not be a higher priority?   

BC2 had pretty much everything ironed out after less than 2 months, and the squad feature was always functional as I remember at least. 

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Twisted_Scot

"BF3 After two months" (xbox edition):

People STILL don't seem to know how to play conquest. See the flags over there that your standing looking at from the rooftop dude? Yeah? well go get it.

People are dim.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Beaudacious

@Canteu: I'm not complaining about cone of fire or spray pattern with lmg's, I'm complaining about bullet dmg. I think its ridiculously low, in order to balance out your clip size. Maybe i just really hate the feel of the lmg's in this game, and I'm blinded with rage.

Knifing is fine but its in a state where 99% of the time of normal knifing opportunities in the fps genre, you'll just shoot. The risk is too great of the animation failing due to some tiny movement. I'd be OK with it if the animation was more reliable.

I do agree though that the m870 is a beast with flechete, and probably one of my favorites( almost unlocked the karkand shotgun so we'll see).

My Famas complaining was more from my use, finding it stupid easy to mow down 3 dudes, with light burst. I actually haven't seen too many Famas users, more people are using that L86A or whatever.

@Gizmo: Some of the best games started out as mods, also source is a fantastic engine..

Cretaceous_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cretaceous_Bob

LMGs are incredible. I have a 2.0 KDR and all I use is LMGs. The fuck's wrong with you that you post on forums before you learn to play the goddamn game? And how, after two months, do you still not know basic shit?

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cronus42

@Beaudacious said:

I'm blinded with rage.

That sums up almost everything you have said so far.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Beaudacious

@Cretaceous_Bob: PubStar, you get a cookie for your trolling. Do you play basketball with ESL students to make yourself feel better?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

This thread is not complete until Ahmad responds to it!

Wipeout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wipeout

My problem is not with the shooting of the dudes, but with every other game having some hacker come in and wipe everyone out with the one button "satan mode" hack.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By mikemcn

You're crazy.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Liber

@Beaudacious: Source engine has the worst hit detection I have ever seen in a video game.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bushpusherr

If you went to your school and started spouting off about how much better you are at games than most of your classmates, you might have a point. But you do realize that you are coming to a website full of people who love video games, and when you spout off your arrogant bullshit, you look like a child. Also, no one cares, which is why I won't detail my own competitive history.

There are plenty of people who can play this game just fine, who don't run into all of these "problems"

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By aurahack

Man, remember when games used to be entertainment?

You're making it sound like it's a fucking 40-hour/week job that's constantly being a dick to you. It's not treating you right? Quit. You'll make the other hundreds of thousands who play for fun happier for doing so.

Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
    Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#42  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

The reason I stopped was because I honestly felt there was much less destruction than the other games. It feels like more objects cant be destroyed then there should be. I went back to Bad Company 2 cause at least there I can destroy a whole building.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By clstirens

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

@clstirens said:

@Beaudacious said:

I remember when the M60 was brokenly awesome in Bad Company 2 before it was nerfed to hell....is it really that bad in Battlefield 3?

It's not THAT bad, but it's seemingly worse than most of the LMGs. Also, I remember those days in BC2. That thing was borderline a sniper.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By sopranosfan

I agree with the LMGs being basically garbage. When I want to use the support class I usually use a PDW weapon. I have also had some trouble with the shotguns and I don't know if it is lag, lag compensation or hit detection, or whatever but there ability to kill seems very inconsistent. My biggest complaint is the making mines visible to tank drivers and this is coming from somebody that has almost a 1/3rd of their kills from the tank. I just think that too many people didn't pay attention and came barreling through and died to the mines and started complaining and the did that. I think the only having a certain amount of mines available was a good enough fix. I still love the game and still say it is the most fun I have had in a FPS since COD4 came out.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By John1912

0.o Thats a lot of chalk!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Beaudacious: While I disagree with everything you said, I totally respect a big ass rage write-up. Just ignore the people posting criticism posts, they like to do it when they see others do it, you know they're friendly though ;]
    mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mandude

Thanks for your opinion, Infinity Ward.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#48  Edited By big_jon

@bushpusherr: I am willing to bet I am better than you at the game, I agree with most of his points.

This whole assumption that you are bad at something because you don't like it is old.

BF3 is a sloppy mess in my opinion.

@mandude said:

Thanks for your opinion, Infinity Ward.

The response of a true Fanboy.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#49  Edited By big_jon

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

@clstirens said:

@Beaudacious said:

It is a very frustrating gun to use, the only way it works is with a Bipod, which is not really viable in most situations.

Using light machine guns, which are my favourite to use, has been annihilating my kill to death the last few weeks.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By clstirens

@big_jon: The M27 IAR is the best of them all, but it's hardly an LMG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.