Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Some people really are...

• 54 results
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Edin899

Coming up to the release of this game alot of people were bitching about the console version. That 24 players is not enough. That it won´t feel like battlefield. PC gamers were making fun of the consoles horrible graphics.

Now that the game is out i can say are you guys fucking crazy and stupid?

I wanted to get this game on the pc but because of a stupid error caused by that piece of crap EA software i could not.

So i got it on the xbox and i f ing love this game !

Playing rush mode i never have trouble finding somebody to shoot. This game is so hectic and fun! Destroying teams with a tank, sniping, getting medals it all works and feels great.

I think the graphics are top notch. I saw footage of the pc version and to be honest the difference is not that big.

All those pc gamers that were laughing at the console version must be blind.

I do play alot of pc games myself have around 50 on steam. So i really don't get the hate for the console version.

Ah well

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By Marz

that's because rush maps were designed for a smaller player count..... play conquest on console... "yawn"

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Edin899

@Marz said:

that's because rush maps were designed for a smaller player count..... play conquest on console... "yawn"

I played a bit of conquest. It's not that bad to be honest because you can spawn at the flags.

And nobody is forcing me to play conquest. I can play rush and have a great experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Marz said:

Play conquest almost exclusively on console. Maps are still designed for 24-32 players in mind. no yawn.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Bollard
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Edin899 said:

I saw footage of the pc version and to be honest the difference is not that big.

I respectfully disagree! : )

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60

Yeah... no.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Marz
    @allworkandlowpay said:

@Marz said:

Play conquest almost exclusively on console. Maps are still designed for 24-32 players in mind. no yawn.

k
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Edin899

@Chavtheworld: lol did you even play the console version? smh some people

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Liber
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12  Edited By natetodamax

I've been having an absolutely delightful time with the console version of Battlefield 3. I'm sure the PC version is better with the increased player count obviously, and I'm fine with people making note of that. But anyone who has the "lol console version sux get a pc noob" mentality isn't worth any amount of time or attention.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By SSully

And this is a clear cut example of someone trying to justify their purchase! If you look closely at the post you can see that he speaks highly of the version he got, while at the same time putting down the, universally accepted, superior pc version. Nothing else to see here folks, move along!

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By gamb1t

oh denial

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Edin899

@SSully said:

And this is a clear cut example of someone trying to justify their purchase! If you look closely at the post you can see that he speaks highly of the version he got, while at the same time putting down the, universally accepted, superior pc version. Nothing else to see here folks, move along!

LOLOLOLOLOL

I would make love to battlefield 3 sorry that a 6 year old console looks pretty much the same as a 1500$ gaming pc :(

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cloudenvy

@natetodamax said:

I've been having an absolutely delightful time with the console version of Battlefield 3. I'm sure the PC version is better with the increased player count obviously, and I'm fine with people making note of that. But anyone who has the "lol console version sux get a pc noob" mentality isn't worth any amount of time or attention.

Sorry, I just told you to get the PC version because I wanted to play with you. : (

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Liber
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RsistncE

@Edin899 said:

@SSully said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

I would make love to battlefield 3 sorry that a 6 year old console looks pretty much the same as a 1500 gaming pc :(

lol angry console gaming peasant is angry

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SSully

@Edin899 said:

@SSully said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

I would make love to battlefield 3 sorry that a 6 year old console looks pretty much the same as a 1500 gaming pc :(

You are doing a great job at trolling! No one is claiming the console version is shit. It is just a fact that the PC version looks much better and 64 players is preferred over just 24.

This is also my last response to you, I have fed you enough as it is.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I find it hard to believe that it's possible for a thread to derail into console vs. PC...  The superiority and raw power of the PC is scientific, there's nothing to discuss here.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DonPixel

@Edin899 said:

Now that the game is out i can say are you guys fucking crazy and stupid?

Playing rush mode i never have trouble finding somebody to shoot. This game is so hectic and fun! Destroying teams with a tank, sniping, getting medals it all works and feels great.

Is calling people crazy and stupid a good way to start a conversation? - I wouldn't rush my final judgment until I have at least around 40 to 50 hours on each version to actually make an objective judgement, But you know I'm neither crazy nor stupid nor a jerk.

So for how long have you played the Console version and the PC version? enlight us please.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Liber

@Edin899 said:

@SSully said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

I would make love to battlefield 3 sorry that a 6 year old console looks pretty much the same as a 1500$ gaming pc :(

Dude , console BF3 = Low settings on a PC , DICE confirmed that.

You are either delusional or fucking blind.

lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lmenzol

@Edin899: pc gamers are douchebags while i say that i will admit that i have a high end pc and do play alot of pc games but most of them try to nitpick every little thing about consoles

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xdaknightx69

oh no another PC vs console thread... yawn

ze_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ze_ro

@Liber said:

I approve of this. I do have both versions of the game.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Bollard

@gamb1t said:

oh denial

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ds8k

There's a difference between seeing the game running with your own eyes and a video, even if that video is high quality. The game is stunning on my PC. I get a consistent 50-60 FPS on High settings in multiplayer. There is no way your console version looks nearly as good as my PC version.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game, but trying to justify your purchase by spouting false-truths.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bcjohnnie

I'm sorry, why does this topic exist? To complain about stuff that people were saying before the game even came out?

The console version is fine, I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but if I could play the PC version, I would. There's no reason to regret buying it on consoles, but let's not go crazy here. Caspian Border in any mode on consoles is a straight up snorefest.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By jorbear

@natetodamax said:

This. I still don't know why people bother arguing over shit like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorbear said:

@natetodamax said:

This. I still don't know why people bother arguing over shit like this.

People need an satisfy their incessant need of validation. They feel validated by stupid external shit, and feel threatened when opposing shit can also be validated. If I judge myself based on the quality of crap I own, and I value my crap over somebody else's "inferior" crap, any validation of their inferior crap closes the gap on my crap, making me equal to them. We simply can't have that.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Karl_Boss

I really don't care if the PC version is superior I'll enjoy the console version....PC elitists need to stop trolling though.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MariachiMacabre

OP, don't be dumb. The PC looks much nicer than the console version. That's just a fact. Look at ANY comparison and you'd realize that but you chose to, instead, continue your grand tradition of being a troll.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By RandomHero666

There's something disgusting smelling in this thread.

O wait it's elitist PC gamers.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By Sackmanjones

It is still tons of fun on the consoles ( I own the ps3 version) and even though this game brings the worst out of the pc crowd there is no denying that it is better in every way on the pc. Just the way it is.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Monopolized

@Marz: conquest is never fun even on pc because about 1 month after launch most of the servers are not fully populated.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Monopolized

i am trying to understand why people keep arguing which is better, if you like more players player on the pc if not play it on the console my only argument is that I don't want to spend more money to play the game on a pc. i could care less what they look like.

hemmelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hemmelight

I don't quite believe the Pc Low settings = console versions.

I played the beta only on both PC and my PS3 (haven't tried the final game yet, so everything is most likely better on both sides) but the beta on even low settings was miles ahead of the PS3 version I played. For some reason the PS3 version is really bright and saturated looking. Not so on Xbox for some reason, from the footage I've been seeing.

Keep in mind, I'm mainly a console gamer and don't even own a 360. I'm in no way a PC elitist either; I just bought the game to play on my iMac. ;)

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By spartanlolz92

pay no attetion to the pc snobs there just trying to justify the amount of money they spent.

and i have it for both. xbox version is awesome could it be better yes. but is there any denying how awesome it is?? no

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Edin899

@Liber said:

@Edin899 said:

@SSully said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

You are either delusional or fucking blind.

LOLOLO

Please show me a link to DICE confirming this.

I love this game, f off pc fanboys acting like the pc version looks alot better, in all the reviews they say the pc version looks slightly better lol

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By spartanlolz92

@Edin899: hes not lying dice did a press confrence showing it. doesnt matter though this games low is every other games high

toshi0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toshi0815

@Edin899 said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

I spent about 650€ on my PC and I can run BF3 on high settings with a constant 60fps.

You don't need to spend that much money for a good PC

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By UnrealDP

I think the console versions are a ton of fun and are legitimately great games, but the PC versions are better, no question.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Spoonman671

For those who are interested, I actually have a quality thread about Battlefield 3 right here.  Let us not waste time with the nonsense present here.  We're all going to die one day, you know?

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jacksmedulla

I am really disappointed with Battlefield 3. I played the hell out of Bad Company 2 on 360, PS3, and PC(mostly 360), and was excited for Battlefield 3. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Battlefield 3 is no where near as fun as Bad Company 2. I'm playing the 360 version, and I think that is a large part of the problem. There is too much texture pop in, screen tearing, and all around jank. Plus, the 24 player count feels far too small for the maps. I am glad you are enjoying it though. Fortunately for me, Skyrim comes out in 2 weeks, and that will keep me busy well into the next year.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By napalm

I'm curious when people are going to stop fellating this tired, worn-out genre and game type.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#46  Edited By big_jon

This game is alright, too many issues to be amazing right now though.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#47  Edited By big_jon

@AhmadMetallic said:

I find it hard to believe that it's possible for a thread to derail into console vs. PC... The superiority and raw power of the PC is scientific, there's nothing to discuss here.

Yeah? I still like the console more, thanks bye.

Why do you still constantly talk shit about consoles? Get the fuck over it and grow up, people are entitled to their own optionon, stop shoving yours down thier throats with you suriperority complex.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MikkaQ

Well all I can say is this: Why would you want to play half a game if you have the ability to play the entire game for the same price?

If you don't have a PC that works with it, then it makes perfect sense to get the console version, otherwise there's no point.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Liber

@Edin899:

No Caption Provided

HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HiroSeven

I got the game on the console version because a console is what I play games on mostly, my PC has the ability to run the game on medium settings I think, but I still opted for the 360 version mostly because I'm comfortable with that version and that type of gaming.

PC Battlefield 3 is superior to Console Battlefield 3, but you know what? Both versions are fun in their own right, and in fact both are just plain fun overall!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.