Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Bad Company 2 Hits #1 on Steam

norton123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By norton123

Bad Company 2 has hit number 1 on steam sales this week. What do you guys think about that and which version are you looking at buying? Article on the this here.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

Looking good, I'm totally pre-ordering the special edition.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

I went with the Gamestop online pre-order for the sake of the extra weapon unlock. But if it wasn't for the ability to assign the CD-Key to my EADM account so I can download the game whenever, then I would have gone with the Steam version.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mosdl

I bought bf 2142 off EADM and had some wierd issues with downloading and applying patches, so I went with Steam this time.

I wonder if bfbc2 will have steam achievements, that would be sweet.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

I`m getting for 360. But I want to get the Beta for my PC though.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By baconbits33
    @MrKlorox said:
    " I went with the Gamestop online pre-order for the sake of the extra weapon unlock. But if it wasn't for the ability to assign the CD-Key to my EADM account so I can download the game whenever, then I would have gone with the Steam version. "
    So they do have a weapon for the special addition? Like BC1? Ok I'm sold.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Seppli
    @baconbits33 said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    " I went with the Gamestop online pre-order for the sake of the extra weapon unlock. But if it wasn't for the ability to assign the CD-Key to my EADM account so I can download the game whenever, then I would have gone with the Steam version. "
    So they do have a weapon for the special addition? Like BC1? Ok I'm sold. "
    It's just an early unlock of the engineer's AK-74u. Everybody will unlock it eventually.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Milkman

I didn't even know Bad Company 2 was coming out on the PC. I figured this would be EA's "console Battlefield" series. Nonetheless, I'll be getting the 360 version.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By fisher81

What a convenient place to find news! I think I like this Scorephoria website.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Seppli
    @norton123 said:
    " Bad Company 2 has hit number 1 on steam sales this week. What do you guys think about that and which version are you looking at buying? Article on the this here. "

Did it outsell Mass Effect 2? For real?
    PDC_Emulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PDC_Emulator

Here are the pre-order bonuses...

Limited Edition

Improved Vehicle Armor: An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.

Supreme Vehicle Firepower: Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.

Vehicle Motion Sensor: Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.

Tracer Dart Pistol: This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

M1A1 Sub-machine Gun: Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.

M1911 Pistol: Highly customized M1911 are favoured for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Seppli
    @PDC_Emulator said:
    " Here are the pre-order bonuses...

Limited Edition

Improved Vehicle Armor: An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.

Supreme Vehicle Firepower: Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.

Vehicle Motion Sensor: Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.

Tracer Dart Pistol: This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

M1A1 Sub-machine Gun: Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.

M1911 Pistol: Highly customized M1911 are favoured for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.

"

Those are all 'early unlocks' - there are countless unlocks, these are just being unlocked right away. Everybody will unlock these eventually. Also - the entire first print of BF:BC 2 is 'Limted Edition'. It's a thank you to the fans who buy games at day 1.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Mr_Bubbles said:
    " @Seppli said:
    " @baconbits33 said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    It's just an early unlock of the engineer's AK-74u. Everybody will unlock it eventually. "
    I think it's the AKS some number, not the AK-74u. But, I could be wrong. "
    Actually it's the AKS-74... but it's not like that's a world of difference.

I almost just cancelled my GS pre-order for a Steam one since the beta key didn't arrive today like promised, but the GS page changed the date from 26th to 27th earlier while I was sleeping. So I suppose they still have a chance to send the info before it's too late. I'm so impatient.
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By spaceturtle

It's great that it hit #1on steam. Want a lot of players to enjoy this bad company 2. I'm really looking forward to it! I'll be getting the biggest badest version there is. Which is the special edition i guess....

@mosdl said:

" I bought bf 2142 off EADM and had some wierd issues with downloading and applying patches, so I went with Steam this time.  I wonder if bfbc2 will have steam achievements, that would be sweet. "

Yeah, I would guess they would include achievements. But can anyone confirm this?
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrKlorox
    @SPACETURTLE said:
    " @mosdl said:
    " I wonder if bfbc2 will have steam achievements, that would be sweet. "
    Yeah, I would guess they would include achievements. But can anyone confirm this? "
    Since it took so long for them to even announce whether or not it would come out on Steam, I would guess not. The game itself might have them built in and you'd view them similar to the way you view multiplayer accolades (ie pins, insignias, unlocks, etc...). The fact that Steam is a competitor of EADM is my reasoning behind this.

However I hope I'm wrong and Steam does have them. Rather, I wish EA had an achievement system globally between its games that GB could integrate into the site. Or that Steam buys/merges with EADM.
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By spaceturtle
    @MrKlorox said:

" @SPACETURTLE said:

" @mosdl said:

" I wonder if bfbc2 will have steam achievements, that would be sweet. "
    Yeah, I would guess they would include achievements. But can anyone confirm this? "
    Since it took so long for them to even announce whether or not it would come out on Steam, I would guess not. The game itself might have them built in and you'd view them similar to the way you view multiplayer accolades (ie pins, insignias, unlocks, etc...). The fact that Steam is a competitor of EADM is my reasoning behind this. However I hope I'm wrong and Steam does have them. Rather, I wish EA had an achievement system globally between its games that GB could integrate into the site. Or that Steam buys/merges with EADM. "
     Ah, lame... I really enjoy achievements, you know. Esspecially being able to flash me skillz around the GB community. :P
    Anyways, I was not aware that they had trouble figuring out whether or not to release it on steam. I didnt even think about EADM. But yes! I agree, EA should have a system like steam so we could link those achievements up on GB!
    baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By baconbits33
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @Mr_Bubbles said:
    " @Seppli said:
    " @baconbits33 said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    It's just an early unlock of the engineer's AK-74u. Everybody will unlock it eventually. "
       I almost just cancelled my GS pre-order for a Steam one since the beta key didn't arrive today like promised, but the GS page changed the date from 26th to 27th earlier while I was sleeping. So I suppose they still have a chance to send the info before it's too late. I'm so impatient. "
    Really? That's it?..... oh well it's not like I'm not gonna buy the special addition anyways...
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrKlorox
    @baconbits33 said:

" @MrKlorox said:

" @Mr_Bubbles said:
    " @Seppli said:
    " @baconbits33 said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
       I almost just cancelled my GS pre-order for a Steam one since the beta key didn't arrive today like promised, but the GS page changed the date from 26th to 27th earlier while I was sleeping. So I suppose they still have a chance to send the info before it's too late. I'm so impatient. "
    Really? That's it?..... oh well it's not like I'm not gonna buy the special addition anyways... "
    Yes that's the only Gamestop exclusive bonus unlock. The Limited Edition still comes with six other unlocks listed above by PDC_Emulator at the price of the standard edition, regardless of where you buy it from. And the only way you're not gonna get the Limited Edition is if you wait until after launch to buy the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.