Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Battlefield : Bad Company 2 - Arica Map Trailer - 2min Gameplay

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Enjoy!

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

Its a very slick looking game.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

Nice. Just saw it in Linkyshink's post. 

Lol... GT misspelled it as Africa. I have a feeling this will be the Demo map.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

I have to say it. This game is way to bright. If DICE is looking to create realistic looking environments, they're far from it.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrKlorox
    @natetodamax: It's the videos. The actual game will have a brightness control like all others.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli

The map's in Chile, in a desert-like environment. Deserts are usually pretty brightly lit.

Also, it's the PS3 version. PS3 graphics tend to be brighter by default - at least that's my impression.

Also - you are such a sour puss! ;P

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By FrankCanada97

Yup, saw this in the other thread, looks really slick.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By poser

There seems to be a lot of action... either a map is really small or those events were planed.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrKlorox
    @poser: It wasn't all in a single round by a single person dude. It was some of the better moments cherry picked from many hours of gameplay time.
    laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By laticsfan

Looking good, I have a feeling I may be playing this more than MW2.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By nrain

looks good, I just hope they can get the control right this time, I've never been able to get into a battlefield game because of this.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Seppli
    @poser said:

" There seems to be a lot of action... either a map is really small or those events were planed. "

The footage shows the Rush mode. It's an objective based mode and pits attackers against defenders in a fierce struggle at a frontline. The attackers need to push the frontline to the objectives (two weapons crates) and destroy them. A map is multi-staged. As soon as the attackers succeed, a new part of the map opens up, attackers move up to the defenders former base and the defenders get a new base with a new set of crates to defend.

Playing with and against veterans who know all the angles of a map and don't die easily and use the squadspawn function does make fierce firefights like the ones in the montage the rule, not the exception. If you ever played the first BF:BC multiplayer seriously, you'd know that. Of course, if you are on a shitty server that's filled up with a bunch of noobs, it won't be anything like what I just described. I tend to switch servers at the beginning of a playsession, until I like the names, ranks and skill-levels displayed. Playing with friends too should improve your gaming experience. If you ain't got people on your friendslist, hang out in some dedicated BF forums and hook up with some dedicated BF players. That will definitly up your enjoyment of the game. Playing with and against really good players will improve your understanding, knowledge and general skill of any game you play quickly.

This footage is definitly not staged. I've seen more awesome shit happening in my playsession with the first Bad Company today. Had an epic tank battle over the two crates in base 2 on the 'End of the Line' map. Beat 4 tanks in quick succession, took out two crates and survived a helicopter attack long enough for an APC gunner to take it down. Ever so often jumping out of the tank to fix it, while my gunner took out a full squad of footsies, which tried to take us too. How epic tank skirmishes can be, when you know how to place your smokescreen, how to evade rockets and incoming 120mm tank shells. Took us a good 5 minutes to take out the two crates. But we did it in style, under non-stop fire and by the skin of our teeth.

Epic moments are common, the better you play the game. It get's better and more epic with every seasoned veteran, who can pull his own weight and then some. That's the Battlefield magic. Stick with it and witness as it unfolds to it's full beauty over the course of a year and longer. Endless replayability is no empty phrase, it's hardcoded into DICEs Battlefield gene-pool. Best breed in online multiplayer warfare.

And yes, I am obviously a fan.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By jakob187

Dood, there are so many little subtleties in that gameplay that make me wanna bust a nut. 

I need this game...now!  This is the way BF should've ALWAYS been!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By pweidman

Oh fuck yeah!  God that gameplay looks amazing.  The visuals alone are such a huge step up imo.  And the jets!!?? Anyone know if they're playable?  Prolly not I guess....and when does this drop???   I didn't like BBC's mp as much as MC but this has me thinking this is Dice's real step up(or beyond) to IW's MW2 mp.   
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By big_jon
    @Seppli said:

Enjoy!
    "

I love you! Not in a gay way you just get me all my BF BC info.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Seppli
    @big_jon: Thx man - glad you appreciate it.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#17  Edited By beargirl1

thanks bro, this game looks fun as hell 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By jakob187
    @pweidman said:
    " Oh fuck yeah!  God that gameplay looks amazing.  The visuals alone are such a huge step up imo.  And the jets!!?? Anyone know if they're playable?  Prolly not I guess....and when does this drop???   I didn't like BBC's mp as much as MC but this has me thinking this is Dice's real step up(or beyond) to IW's MW2 mp.    "
    MC was too meh, but it had great maps.  BBC felt just right...for a console experience.  I'm hoping they really step things up big with this one.  That video tells me that they have, and I'm definitely beyond psyched for a BF game once again!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I fucking need this game nowwwwww.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.