Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Battlefield Bad company 2.....Kill cam

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Belonpopo

Sorry that I can't find the article, but Gameinformer said in an interview with Dice that BF:BC2 will have a Killcam style feature. Can this get any worse?...uh yes it tells you how to counter your killer and tracks them on your radar after you spawn. They claim "it will work we promise", But I think the Killcam is the Devil.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Belonpopo: In my experience, the killcam has not negatively affected my gameplay. I don't think it tracks anyone after you respawn, it merely shows who killed you without revealig too much of the surrounding environment. You won't most times be able to pinpoint his location unless he's beside a unique structure or he killed you near you.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

I never watch any kill cams in Call Of Duty. In fact, I wish I could turn them off. It won't hurt the game.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

watch the quick look of BFBC2 and you'll see it.  I don't see the big deal, unless all you know how to do is camp.  I never saw that it put them on the radar.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rowr

umm yeh i think this could be worse....by umm being something bad.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

What I've found worse is the select button, if I'm sniping, I just press it until someone shows you barely have to search.
    I'm still gonna use it even though it's totally cheap.

Nighttide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Nighttide

The only problem I have with the kill cam (from playing the beta, of course, so this may change) is that the camera tends to push through the player and it just looks kind of broken. Also, it's not quite a kill cam -- it shows you the person who killed you, but not how they killed who (as in, it's not a replay of events like in CoD). I think it's ultimately unnecessary.

But honestly, it's such a minor feature that I don't think it impacts gameplay at all.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

Its not a Killcam like Call of Duty, it just kind of zooms in on the person who killed you , with the camera facing the other direction, so you cant really tell exactly where they are that well, and shows what their kit is, and how much health they had left. It zooms up on their actions after they kill you, it doesnt show you how you died.

ezdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ezdude

I've seen my killer get killed in this "kill cam". So its just showing you who killed you in real time. I've successfully used to track them down and kill them, but its usually to hard to where they are  before you get killed since staying behind cover is important in this game.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Red

I like a good kill-cam. 

Correction: I don't like getting killed and not knowing what happened.

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By adziboy

The reason the killcam sucks is because it shows the guy that killed and what he's doing in real-time, instead of showing how he killed you.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By big_jon
    @Belonpopo said:
    "    Sorry that I can't find the article, but Gameinformer said in an interview with Dice that BF:BC2 will have a Killcam style feature. Can this get any worse?...uh yes it tells you how to counter your killer and tracks them on your radar after you spawn. They claim "it will work we promise", But I think the Killcam is the Devil. "

Then I assume that you are a greasy spawn killer.
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JP_Russell

I really hope it's a server option that you can filter out on the PC.  Even if you're a sniper who tries to relocate after almost every shot/kill (like me), the cam lets the enemy you just killed know not only the general area you shot from but also what direction you're relocating to.  I don't like it.  I see this being gamed where smart snipers are just going to fall into a routine of pretending to travel one direction for several seconds after killing someone, then moving in the direction they intend to a bit later.

Also, I personally like not knowing where my killer is when they manage to get me from a concealed location.  It's my fuck-up if he did (or at least, it is if he does it more than once).

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Seppli
    @JP_Russell said:
    " I really hope it's a server option that you can filter out on the PC.  Even if you're a sniper who tries to relocate after almost every shot/kill (like me), the cam lets the enemy you just killed know not only the general area you shot from but also what direction you're relocating to.  I don't like it.  I see this being gamed where smart snipers are just going to fall into a routine of pretending to travel one direction for several seconds after killing someone, then moving in the direction they intend to a bit later. Also, I personally like not knowing where my killer is when they manage to get me from a concealed location.  It's my fuck-up if he did (or at least, it is if he does it more than once). "

If you haven't heard yet - there will be 'realism' setting available for all platforms and all gamemodes. PC will most likely even have a lot more serser-side control over the game's settings.

Essentially realism mode takes out all the gamey HUD stuff and the Killcam. So - there you have it. Even if it wouldn't be possible on PC to turn on and off the Killcam, you have the possibility to play realism mode, which does away with the Killcam too, amongst other things.
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JP_Russell
    @Seppli said:
     If you haven't heard yet - there will be 'realism' setting available for all platforms and all gamemodes. PC will most likely even have a lot more serser-side control over the game's settings.  Essentially realism mode takes out all the gamey HUD stuff and the Killcam. So - there you have it. Even if it wouldn't be possible on PC to turn on and off the Killcam, you have the possibility to play realism mode, which does away with the Killcam too, amongst other things. "

Yeah, I'm glad they're giving options like that, but I think I'd rather have the killcam on and friendly fire off if disabling and enabling them, respectively, means also having no HUD, no reticle, and no minimap.  So I really hope that killcam and friendly fire are also individual server options.  I'll probably try out the realism mode regardless, but I doubt it'll be my thing.  The minimap and spotting are important propellants of the teamwork in Battlefield games for me, and I don't like not having a counter for how many bullets I have left.  No reticle I can roll with, but I'd still prefer to have it.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Jayross

The kill-cam isn't even a killcam, its a glitched live-video feed of the person who killed you. 

Its like DICe didn't want to directly copy CoD, so they did this.

I would rather see how I got killed, then see some glitchy video of who killed me walking around.  Its dumb, but not too big of a deal.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Gunner

If i actually know why i died, it would give me the information i need to improve at the game. 

Hence, killcam.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JP_Russell
    @Gunner said:
    "If i actually know why i died, it would give me the information i need to improve at the game.   Hence, killcam. "

True, but I would argue one should not need a killcam to know why they died in any Battlefield game.  The game gives you the name of your killer, the means they used to kill you, and the direction they hit you from when you went down, not to mention you know all the situational awareness you did and did not have up to your point of death.  IMO, that should be enough to deduce what happened, what if anything you did wrong, and what if anything you could have done differently.  I don't feel the killcam in this game provides any meaningful information about your death that you can't garner without it.
    VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By VisariLoyalist

yeah, it sucks when they have to resort to this when camping becomes a problem.

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By IcySandman

Like it'll matter, from my experience the only time a killcam will even have a good use is if there's a camper.  Otherwise the size of the maps in most BF games, by the time you get there he's either dead or halfway across the map..

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FrankCanada97

In the "Hardcore" mode of multiplayer, there won't be any killcams.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Coombs

KillCams IMO are one of the best features ever,
    They allow you to find the campers, Come up behind them and knife the fuck outta the bitches.
    The only people who dislike KillCams are people who are ALWAYS in the same spot. 
    If you move pretty much at all, A killcam is not going to have any effect on you.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Seppli
    @Ineedaname said:
    " What I've found worse is the select button, if I'm sniping, I just press it until someone shows you barely have to search. I'm still gonna use it even though it's totally cheap. "
    According to the fix list DICE published a week or two ago, the spotting has been tweaked. Can't spam spotting anymore (cooldown timer) and you got to be more or less spot on with your crosshairs to light an enemy up. The spot will stay up as long as you keep your crosshair on it and vanish quickly afterwards. Don't know how it's gonna be handled in realism mode - probably not at all.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Seppli

I like the killcam too. If I get sniped in the head, I want need to know where from. If it's an extreme-long range kill, I can't do much about it, other than avoid getting killed a second time by the same guy... or countersnipe.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Drebin_893

Oh my God, they might as well not make the game.  
    Seriously, KillCam has only been a good thing in my experience, even if you don't like it, please stop over-reacting.

Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mr_Bubbles

I was in the BETA, and it works like this... 

It doesn't show where the person is looking, it shows there position, If you are always Oscar Mike, then it doesn't really matter. If you are a sniper, well it's uselss. It tells you, "Hey! There's a sniper hiding in a bush on the mountain!"  Do you realize how big these maps are!? It would take forever to figure out what bush and on what area of the map the sniper is on. It's works really well, if you ask me.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Snail
    @Drebin_893 said:
    " Oh my God, they might as well not make the game.  Seriously, KillCam has only been a good thing in my experience, even if you don't like it, please stop over-reacting. "
    This is very true.

It's just a killcam, if you like the game without it, then you will still like it with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.