Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

DICE Calling Out Infinity Ward & New BF:BC 2 Trailer

• 64 results
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By PureRok
    @ryanwho said:
    " @PureRok said:
    " @TheJollyRajah said:
    " @PureRok:   Dude, shut up with the trolling.   I can't wait for Bad Company 2. "
    Obviously saying your opinion is trolling nowadays. "
    But you weren't. You were saying every game in the series sucks, which you don't know, because normal people don't play every game in a series if it sucks, so you either are lying about playing all of them or you're stupid enough to keep going back to a series you hate half a dozen times. So which is it? Idiot or liar? "
    I'm thinking that you're probably an idiot.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Seppli

Probably in terms of success. And hype.  It will most likely not touch MW 2. But gameplay wise, I know may will prefer BF : BC 2 over MW 2. Destruction, vehicles, squadplay and huge maps are important to many.

Also consider, Frostbite was young, when BF:BC came out. IW works with Unreal tech, which is a proven and oldfashioned engine. Way easier to master, than something original. But Frostbite definitly has more potential than most other engines. It's ready for 100% dynamic environmental interactivity. Purest win. Frostbite has matured and it will mature even further. The engine is definitly up there with the Cry Engine 3, although it is tailored to multiplayer functionality, not pure high-definition - and it still looks almost as amazing.

Can't wait for the NDA to drop on this one and the public beta to hit. I want to know more.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By pause422
    @Seppli said:
    " Probably in terms of success. And hype.  It will most likely not touch MW 2. But gameplay wise, I know may will prefer BF : BC 2 over MW 2. Destruction, vehicles, squadplay and huge maps are important to many.  Also consider, Frostbite was young, when BF:BC came out. IW works with Unreal tech, which is a proven and oldfashioned engine. Way easier to master, than something original. But Frostbite definitly has more potential than most other engines. It's ready for 100% dynamic environmental interactivity. Purest win. Frostbite has matured and it will mature even further. The engine is definitly up there with the Cry Engine 3, although it is tailored to multiplayer functionality, not pure high-definition - and it still looks almost as amazing.  Can't wait for the NDA to drop on this one and the public beta to hit. I want to know more. "
    Obviously you are one of those people who cant stand others who dont agree with your opinion. Quoting me and calling me a PC elitist or whatever you said. Only someone who cares greatly about people who disagree with them would say such an ignorant stupid statement. No one should take anything you say seriously, if someone doesnt agree, they are wrong in your eyes.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Seppli
    @pause422 said:

" @Seppli said:

" Probably in terms of success. And hype.  It will most likely not touch MW 2. But gameplay wise, I know may will prefer BF : BC 2 over MW 2. Destruction, vehicles, squadplay and huge maps are important to many.  Also consider, Frostbite was young, when BF:BC came out. IW works with Unreal tech, which is a proven and oldfashioned engine. Way easier to master, than something original. But Frostbite definitly has more potential than most other engines. It's ready for 100% dynamic environmental interactivity. Purest win. Frostbite has matured and it will mature even further. The engine is definitly up there with the Cry Engine 3, although it is tailored to multiplayer functionality, not pure high-definition - and it still looks almost as amazing.  Can't wait for the NDA to drop on this one and the public beta to hit. I want to know more. "
    Obviously you are one of those people who cant stand others who dont agree with your opinion. Quoting me and calling me a PC elitist or whatever you said. Only someone who cares greatly about people who disagree with them would say such an ignorant stupid statement. No one should take anything you say seriously, if someone doesnt agree, they are wrong in your eyes. "

Nah brother - making a statement without an argument, that can't be taken seriously. Whatever man. Since you don't care to actually discuss like a decent fellow, you aren't. Now shush. Back in your cave - troll!

Also - you quoted the wrong posting. Dude - take your ritalin. Seriously.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Seppli

I give you a helping hand - angry little man

@Seppli said:
    " @pause422 said:
    " Bad Company does definitely NOT feel like a PC game. Coming from playing Battlefield games on the PC, ask anyone that isnt mentally retarded and they will tell you the same thing that BC was nothing more than dumbed down battlefield. No one is saying you cant enjoy it a lot, thats fine, but it doesnt change what it is. "
     I guess, that's your jaded PC enthusiast bias talking. It very much depends on who's with you on the server. Skilled veterans or a bunch of nubs.  

Tank warfare - check
    Chopper warfare - check
    Naval warfare - check
    Deep classbased infantry gameplay  - check
    Huge, open maps - check
    teambased gameplay - check
    squad mechanics - check  

Planes are missing, as is the commander. Well, I don't miss the planes. As for the commander, two kits got gadgets, that are an equivalent of one of the commanders powers.  

Recon - Sensorballs aka UAV
    Support - mortarstrike aka arty

Anyways - it seems you just haven't given BF:BC a fair shake. It takes a lot of playtime to master every kit, every vehicle and develop a Battlefield personality. Each map can be tackeled from countless angles. And believe me, the more focused nature of Goldrush forces you to experiment. Sometimes only bold, fresh and aggressive angles succeed. Battlefield for men with balls of steel.  I think I should link a couple of gameplay montages for you. If that ain't Battlefield on steroids, you got a blindspot on your eyes. "

For arguments sake. This is how it's done.
    Celegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Celegus

Seeing as how the two things I cannot stand in an FPS are vehicles and huge maps, it's pretty easy for me to decide. I got BF2 when it came out from hearing great things, but I don't think any other game has made me as constantly frustrated and angry as BF2 did. I might get MW2 eventually, but CoD annoys me with the third thing I don't like about FPS - not being able to see who's shooting me. In fact, I think the only FPS games I really do enjoy are made by Valve.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By pause422

Any one who isnt mental could of seen that was the intention, there no sense in my wasting time scrolling up further to quote that specific thing. Im not a troll nor have I ever been..you keep making yourself sound dumber by the second though. No one is hurting your enjoyment out of whatever it is you want to enjoy, so stop acting like somehow I am. Opinions are all internet forums are made up of, so dont think yours has more merit than someone elses.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ryanwho
    @PureRok said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " @PureRok said:
    " @TheJollyRajah said:
    " @PureRok:   Dude, shut up with the trolling.   I can't wait for Bad Company 2. "
    Obviously saying your opinion is trolling nowadays. "
    But you weren't. You were saying every game in the series sucks, which you don't know, because normal people don't play every game in a series if it sucks, so you either are lying about playing all of them or you're stupid enough to keep going back to a series you hate half a dozen times. So which is it? Idiot or liar? "
    I'm thinking an idiot. "
    Yeah, you seem like the kind of idiot who would play a whole series he hated so he could properly hate it. Thanks for clarifying, idiot.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MrKlorox

Ah I missed this thread. I agree with DICE. However I respect IW more for never directly mentioning DICE, and instead refer to them in a round-about way. Then again I dislike the way they blatantly rip off many of the things DICE brought to the genre then make mention of how you'll never have to go walking around looking for action in an IW game. That's like saying "Fuck BF" without actually saying it. Robert Bowling needs a swift kick in the teeth.

I just hope BC2 has varied the gadget/weapon unocks enough to keep it interesting. This was what I loved most about 2142. The unlocks were built from a gameplay perspective instead of a timepiece perspective.  Grenades that disable electronics for a few seconds, mines that chase vehicles, squad line of sight represented on HUD, diffuse explosives, sentry turrets, deployable shields, optic cammo, etc...

Would be cool to have 3 team battle (1 vs 1 vs 1). Twice as many enemies as friendlies, yet they'd also shoot at eachother. Felt let down when BF2 had 3 factions, but still only supported two teams at once.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Seppli
    @pause422 said:

" Any one who isnt mental could of seen that was the intention, there no sense in my wasting time scrolling up further to quote that specific thing. Im not a troll nor have I ever been..you keep making yourself sound dumber by the second though. No one is hurting your enjoyment out of whatever it is you want to enjoy, so stop acting like somehow I am. Opinions are all internet forums are made up of, so dont think yours has more merit than someone elses. "

Yet you fail once again at making an argument. You just state your opinion, that BF BC is dumbed down and  call anybody, who believes BF BC is just as 'intelligent', if not more so, than any prior Battlefield game, mentally retarded.

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site. Since you don't care to discuss your blanket statement, about BF BC being a dumbed down Battlefield game, miss the opportunity twice,  to make a valid argument to back your opinion and rather turn to attacking me personally instead -  you sir, are, per definition, a troll.

Since this seems to be news to you, I suggest you consult a shrink for some healthy self-reflection.

Good luck with that!
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Ill all ways enjoy call of duty more.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By pause422

Your style of reply to everything possibly stated that isnt exactly as you see it, by putting words in peoples mouths to make your reply sound somewhat intelligent isnt something that will fool anyone. Im not going to to state something I stated clearly a long time ago again and make it more clear for you because you somehow dont get it though. Nor am I going to continue replying to your garbage posts where it seems before you properly post a reply, you scavenge the internet for 4th grade level insults and immaturity, before correctly editing that post to a T. You are free to like what you want, and think what you want, just is anyone else here or any other forum.

Im done telling common sense to you, so feel free to reply yet again which Im sure you will do, and take 45 minutes to think of an interesting response with elementary school level logic or insults, and make yourself look like you have any idea what it is you are actually trying to argue.  Obvious things dont need to be pointed out, I think most of the people here are big boys and girls and can understand it properly.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Seppli
    @pause422: 

Common sense seems to be, making blanket statements, while not caring to back said opinion with an argument, when asked to clarify - then yes, you are full of it.  Your argumentative capabilities are restricted to personal attacks. The lack of any consideration of having an actual discussion is just willfully ignorant. An opinion, you can't back up with arguments, ain't worth having.

Oh well, I'm sure you fare well like this. I for one hope, you can't vote, for you ain't got a valid opinion. You are vessel for undigested thoughts and populist garbage.

Oh - the humanity!
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By FrankCanada97

Me thinks some people are getting off topic here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.