Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

how many people play as snipers in this game?

• 55 results
    MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MrSnow

how many people play as snipers in this game?  Thinking of getting it.

Don't roast me here guys but i think snipers ruin FPS games. Well not this game really cause its 2 hit but camping snipers piss me off. 

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ace829

You need to be more specific. Do you mean a probability of snipers in each game?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MrSnow said:
    " how many people play as snipers in this game?  Thinking of getting it. Don't roast me here guys but i think snipers ruin FPS games. Well not this game really cause its 2 hit but camping snipers piss me off.  "
    There are no snipers. There is recon. stop thinking of it as sniper and it will be better. 

And most of the time *PS3* it is not that bad. I get killed mostly by M60 which will be nerfed soon. 
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Alot of people. 

ALOT.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By sjupp

I do it when I feel for it. I've just hit Knife platinum so i'm going for the mortar-strike insignia.

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrSnow
    @Ace829 said:
    " You need to be more specific. Do you mean a probability of snipers in each game? "
    yes proberbility.@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @MrSnow said:
    " how many people play as snipers in this game?  Thinking of getting it. Don't roast me here guys but i think snipers ruin FPS games. Well not this game really cause its 2 hit but camping snipers piss me off.  "
    There are no snipers. There is recon. stop thinking of it as sniper and it will be better.  And most of the time *PS3* it is not that bad. I get killed mostly by M60 which will be nerfed soon.  "
    No i mean hard scoping sniper rifle users.
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ace829
    @MrSnow:  Then about 50% of the players in each game will have Recon. However, some Recon players don't even snipe and will just mostly use the mortar strikes.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MrSnow said:
    " @Ace829 said:
    " You need to be more specific. Do you mean a probability of snipers in each game? "
    yes proberbility.@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @MrSnow said:
    There are no snipers. There is recon. stop thinking of it as sniper and it will be better.  And most of the time *PS3* it is not that bad. I get killed mostly by M60 which will be nerfed soon.  "
    No i mean hard scoping sniper rifle users. "
    I have not have to many mega issues with that. The biggest issue is the M60 users. Who also use magnum bullets. And people ive seen who use  Recon often do not under stand the bullet drop. 
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By Chris2KLee

When the time calls for it, I'll play a sniper. I've been pretty even with my classes so far I think, I like to try and balance out my team when a certain class is missing in my squad or team.

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrSnow
    @Ace829 said:
    " @MrSnow:  Then about 50% of the players in each game will have Recon. However, some Recon players don't even snipe and will just mostly use the mortar strikes. "

50%-------------------Is that not kind of game breaking. Between snipers and motors. 

@The_Laughing_Man: Oh so basically the snipers in this are crap.
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nanikore
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " Alot of people.   ALOT. "
    Actually, it's "a lot". 

That will be 20 Internet space dollars, thank you very much.
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @The_Laughing_Man:  And that's the best part of the sniper. It makes it feel so much better
    Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @MrSnow: I don't really play fps's but when i do i die trying to find a perfect hiding spot, and when i do I wait.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MrSnow said:
    " @Ace829 said:
    " @MrSnow:  Then about 50% of the players in each game will have Recon. However, some Recon players don't even snipe and will just mostly use the mortar strikes. "

50%-------------------Is that not kind of game breaking. Between snipers and motors. 

@The_Laughing_Man: Oh so basically the snipers in this are crap. "
    I sort of think people are being a bit... extreme when they say its game breaking or way to many. Never have I seen this issue. But do not call it sniper. It is infact recon. 
    MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrSnow
    @organicalistic_: oh....................your one of them................................
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By xMP44x

There are not a huge amount of snipers in the game. Yes, there are a considerable number. For the most part there's a decent enough blend of all four classes present though. I find a couple of Assault kit users as well as Medics and Engineers more than I find Recon at the moment. Maybe the Recon kiddies are trying to complete other classes, and maybe there aren't many of them. Recon has a degree of skill to it due to the bullet drop, and some snipers don't see this drop. Makes them easy pickings, and it also means that Recon users are not overpowered. I hate their Mortar Strike, but they likely hate ' Uncle Carl' too.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Djeffers03
    @The_Laughing_Man: You say there are no "snipers" but come on, how often do you honestly see people actually using any of the recon's other kit like motion mines? 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Djeffers03 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: You say there are no "snipers" but come on, how often do you honestly see people actually using any of the recon's other kit like motion mines?  "
    When did I say no snipers? And I see motion sensors all the time. 
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Djeffers03
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @MrSnow said:
    There are no snipers. There is recon. stop thinking of it as sniper and it will be better.  
    Right there :)
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Djeffers03 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @MrSnow said:
    Right there :) "
    The class is called Recon. Not sniper. 
    BeastIncarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BeastIncarnate

I don't have much a problem playing against Recon players. However, I do consider them a problem when I'm on the attacking team in Rush and the majority of my players are sniping instead of going for objectives. That gets irritating, though it doesn't happen all the time.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By grilledcheez

There's a lot of them, but they all suck at the game and are easy to kill so it's no biggy

Invigilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Invigilator

Snipers are free knife kills/sniper headshots. They don't move and usually have horrible situational awareness, making it easy to sneak up on them.

Out of the hundreds and hundreds of snipers I've run into in various COD and BF games, I could count on one hand the number that actually displayed any skill.

That said, the mortars piss me off. Often after I kill an enemy sniper 3 or 4 times in a row, he'll just try to call mortars on my position because he knows he can't aim as well as I do. That thing needs to be nerfed, mortar strikes can take out the MCOM stations from a mile away and there's very little you can do about it. They especially shouldn't be able to instantly take out tanks, I've destroyed more tanks with mortars than with anything else in the game. It's ridiculous.

Evil_Alaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Evil_Alaska

Depends on the mode, depends on the map.  Hardcore mode is full of them.

If you want to buy this game don't let the thought of sniping campers put you off from it. There aren't many really good ones out there, and if you are a decent player, you can kill snipers from afar with the assault class.  My favorite thing is killing a camper who is trying to snipe me from across the map with my M16.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Donos
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Djeffers03 said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @MrSnow said:
    Right there :) "
    The class is called Recon. Not sniper.  "
    Would everyone please READ the question before jumping to nit-pick? THe OPer isn't asking about the Recon class, he isn't asking about people running around with ghillie suits and shotguns. He is asking specifically about people who sit and snipe with sniper rifles. Those people are known as snipers.

Now to actually answer his question, snipers aren't all that bad in Bad Company. I'd say snipers (not Recon class, SNIPERS) make up about 1/5th of the players in a given game. However, in Bad Comapany it's pretty easy to not get killed by snipers. No sniper rifle is a 1-hit kill, except for headshots, and headshots are fairly tough. Further, every map provides ample cover that you probably won't get hit twice. The smaller maps give you buildings, the large open maps give you vehicles. Either way, you should be fine.
    timay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By timay

Don't play hardcore and you should be fine. There are more snipers there because most of the sniper rifles are pretty much 1 shot 1 kill to the chest.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By REDRUN
    @MrSnow said:

YOU ARE PLAYING IT WRONG! You don't stop and look for snipers when you play the game unless you are good at sniping or killing other snipers.  Best advice, keep on trucking on and  defend or maneuver through a safer pass to hit your objective. If you get pissed off because of a sniper, then you just played into the his game. Once you decide to abandon the main objective to pursue a personal vendetta, the sniper has won.

Do you really think a sniper could arm or disarm a M-Com station from 100 meters away?
    BeastIncarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BeastIncarnate
    @REDRUN said:
    Do you really think a sniper could arm or disarm a M-Com station from 100 meters away? "
    Mind bullets, duder.
    toast_burner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By toast_burner

If you have a problem with snipers then you should stop sitting in the open with a target painted on your face

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lilbigsupermario

There are times that there are a lot of snipers in a game, but for a lot of people who have gained experience playing BFBC2 since day 1, the number of people using recon in matches significantly lessened coz it's disadvantageous for a team if more than 50% of its members are recon. 

In my recent online matches, I see more engineers now hehe!

owenneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By owenneil

I use them sometimes, but lately i have been all about the engineer, and shooting rockets at people because it makes me giggle.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @MrSnow:  The map Isla Innocentes, will probably annoy you. Other than that, snipers are not really a big problem.
    hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hicks91

snipe away 
    just remember, you kill me and i will find you

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MrSnow

Good it sounds like snipers are pretty much well tamed in this,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll buy it..........After exams though  :'-(

dropbearGSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dropbearGSH

Unless you are playing a very well coordinated team, flanking snipers is pretty easy to do.   They tend to ignore their immediate surroundings most of the time, even when they are using motion sensors.

Do yourself a favor and try out the sniping once you start playing this game.  This game has the most satisfying sniping of any FPS I can think of imo. 

M4_Carmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By M4_Carmine

I play sinper only on Afirac harbor, Laguan alta, and two others but other then that I'm any other class that my squad needs me. No one ever seems to be medic on my team and when I'm medic people be staying alive. lol
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jmrwacko
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @MrSnow:  The map Isla Innocentes, will probably annoy you. Other than that, snipers are not really a big problem. "
    To be fair, Isla Innocentes rush is basically a sniper's haven.
    simulation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By simulation

If you are not sniping and move around a lot you shouldn't notice them, at least that's my experience.

jeffk38uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jeffk38uk

I think you'll find a fair proportion of snipers regardless of the situation in any shooter frankly, how much of a benefit they can be is luck of the draw when choosing a server but for the most part, they can be dealt with....mostly.

Personally haven't even touched the recon class in BC2 as the other classes are a bit more direct. Always grab a sniper rifle in SP and Co-op tho....

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Donos
    @Jeffk38uk:  Shotgun/G3 + Motion Tracker + C4 is your friend. Recon can be the most direct class in the game.
    Piqueteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Piqueteer
    @MrSnow:  I found this game to be excellent at times with the main problem being the guys who snipe.
    I'm an terrible sniper due to my lack of patience, often running forward to charge a base with a pistol. But there are certain maps where the boys and girls, at least on the PS3, want to improve their K/D and will sit at the back of the map, contributing nothing to an assault effort. Mainly Isla Innocentas, a map name, suffers from this, with one occasion, I was the sole attacker of the island agaisnt 9-10 well equipped defenders, with 11 snipers taking on their 2 snipers, and it just gets frustrating. But get a good group of friends that play well and you will find that other snipers on your team don't overly matter.
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By rjaylee
    @Donos said:
    " @Jeffk38uk:  Shotgun/G3 + Motion Tracker + C4 is your friend. Recon can be the most direct class in the game. "

Agreed. I don't think there's a better CQC class setup than a Recon outfitted with that. No class is more effective at breaching and clearing a house/building/small enclosed area than this simply because of the Motion Trackers.  

Add in the ability to completely destroy vehicles with C4 in urban areas with ease if you can maintain a level of stealth (which should be easy as long as you stay in CQC cover), or the ability to take down a building, and you've got a serious force multiplier. 

While the Assault class can be fitted with C4 as well to do the above, I think in squad situations that Assault roles are more effective to keep their 40MM grenade launcher bunker busting and ammo replenish role, rather than a breach-clear and ammo replenish role.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43  Edited By Cube

The recon class should only be customizable with different sniper rifles. Snipers being able to have shotguns ruins it.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ben_H

I play as recon... with an NS2000.  That setup really seems to anger the "serious" people who beak everyone for not playing to their standards even though they often are not so good themselves.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Cube: Heh, made me chuckle.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jimbo

Varies from game to game, but a fair proportion of games are ruined by too many people sniping.  The other team going OTT on snipers isn't really an issue, it's when you and ~2 other guys are trying to win Rush games and the rest of your team is right at the back just racking up a good K/D ratio - which counts for approximately fuck all in Rush.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Donos
    @Jimbo said:

" Varies from game to game, but a fair proportion of games are ruined by too many people sniping.  The other team going OTT on snipers isn't really an issue, it's when you and ~2 other guys are trying to win Rush games and the rest of your team is right at the back just racking up a good K/D ratio - which counts for approximately fuck all in Rush. "

*RAGE* I just ragequit out of 3 rush games in a row because of this crap. What pisses me off is not only is the majority of my team sniping, they're not getting good K/D ratios. I took a minute to watch the kill messages and the map, and the snipers were just getting sniped out of the same old camping spots, respawning, and running right back to the same spots to get sniped again. Towards the end of the game, just by running into the enemy base, my score is triple the next highest and my K/D is around 4. Honestly, if people going to spam one strategy like complete idiots, is it too much to ask that they at least be competent at it?

By the way, whats with the sudden influx of snipers around rank 5 already running high level sniper gear? It seems like every second person is one of those, and it tells me that they do literally NOTHING but snipe.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kishan6

Well medics are more of a problem by far

Derecto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Derecto

Recon class sucks PERIOD.

irish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By irish

It's definitely one of the most balanced MP shooter out there so there's no need to worry about certain classes. There's shit loads of upgrades for each, including one to spot distant enemies so there need to worry about Recon  too much...well except for the really good players.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.