Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

I need to know.. is the Capture the Flag mode popular ?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Well, ive been playing Battlefield 2 for over a year and i cant get enough of it, its great in every way and im reeeeeeeeeeeeally excited about BFBC2. 
     But when i learned that this new spinoff isnt only flag'n'ticket-based (like my beloved BF2), but has several modes, i felt uneasy becuase i will NOT buy it if its a Call of Duty kind of multiplayer game...  (even if it has a CoD-like 'capture the flag' mode, thats still shit.)

i need the flags and the concept of area control and a ticket countdown and all the strategy.. please tell me that that structure of the game didnt die with Battlefield 2142, and that the Capture the Flag mode is popular and essential and not as basic and simple as the CoD one. 

Varied flag positions, huge landscape and YAY
    Varied flag positions, huge landscape and YAY
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

bump ?

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SammydesinasNL

I have not yet played BF BC 2. But Conquest mode (the mode you are referring to) wasn't too popular in the original. It was played, but not as much as the Gold Rush modes. I originally missed Conquest, but now I don't (not in Bad Company anyways).
    CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CABBAGES

when conquest mode was added too bc 1 i never played gold rush again coz it was pants.
    dyslekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By dyslekt
    Gold rush is a thing of beauty! Good way to focus the battle on the big BF maps. Dont think CTF will work.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Ahmad_Metallic: It's actually called "Conquest Mode", distinctly different than CTF. No all the ticket countdown and strategy and area control didn't die. The Rush mode is still very "Battlefield-like". There isn't any mode in the game that would be considered COD-like, except Squad-Deathmatch. But that is very different from regular Deathmatch. It's deathmatch that encourages teamplay.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By FireBurger

Yeah, conquest is still conquest. The closest thing in COD is domination, but that pretty much ripped off conquest in the first place, so...

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrKlorox

Yes conquest mode will still be in, but most folks form BC1 didn't play it because it required a download and it wasn't the default mode. But I loved it in BC1 much more than Rush mode. I will be playing mostly Conquest once BC2 comes out, unless one of the new modes is much more fun.

Conquest is Battlefield.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By iamjohn
    @MrKlorox said:
    " Conquest is Battlefield. "
    Indeed.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

Conquest is Conquest - it's as you expect it to be. Only much, much better - because people tend to underestimate the impact of destructible environments a lot. Also - the high fidelity presentation of a Frostbite engine game is likely to blow your mind.

Day 1 purchase! No questions needed.

Downandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Downandout
    @CABBAGES said:
    " when conquest mode was added too bc 1 i never played gold rush again coz it was pants. "
    Meh Gold Rush was awesome i thought all the action was nice and focused it worked well.
    Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mr_Bubbles

Short answer: Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.