Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Is it just me?

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Relys

Or are the tanks OP?

I'm not a console n00b. I've played BF2 on the PC ages ago, and I have 1943... But BC2 has so many whores who camp across the map in tanks and do nothing but killwhore.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gizmo

I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from.

Tanks > puny humans 

Why can't that formula work? If you see a tank, you gotta get the fuck outta there or get blown the fuck up.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

I so sick of lazy people who complain about tanks instead of just shooting it with a RPG or planting a C4 on it. 

And if you can't do that, then you probably deserve to die.
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Relys
    @Gizmo said:

" I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from.  Tanks > puny humans   Why can't that formula work? If you see a tank, you gotta get the fuck outta there or get blown the fuck up. "

I know, but the tanks can snipe across the entire map and I can put in 3 RPG's and STILL NOT TAKE THEM DOWN.  And after their tank is damaged they jump out and wait patiently for the next one to spawn.

They're not playing objectively, they're just trying to killwhore and it's goddamn annoying.
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Relys
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " I so sick of lazy people who complain about tanks instead of just shooting it with a RPG or planting a C4 on it.   And if you can't do that, then you probably deserve to die. "
    I do, I switched to the shitty engineer class just so I could use the RPG...
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @Relys said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " I so sick of lazy people who complain about tanks instead of just shooting it with a RPG or planting a C4 on it.   And if you can't do that, then you probably deserve to die. "
    I do, I switched to the shitty engineer class just so I could use the RPG... "

If you think the enigneer class is so bad, plant some C4 with the scout class. 

Or just get better with all of the guns so you don't have to worry?
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Relys
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @Relys said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    If you think the enigneer class is so bad, plant some C4 with the scout class.  Or just get better with all of the guns so you don't have to worry? "
    They camp at the top of the map and don't move at all.. I guess I'll take a 10 minute walk around the entire map just so I can flank them, but I'll probably die by their MG anyways.

Maybe it's just because my teammates suck. :( I googled "tank overpowered bc2" and I got some results. Apparently the RPG takes 4 hits to kill a tank from the front.
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @Relys said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @Relys said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    If you think the enigneer class is so bad, plant some C4 with the scout class.  Or just get better with all of the guns so you don't have to worry? "
    They camp at the top of the map and don't move at all.. I guess I'll take a 10 minute walk around the entire map just so I can flank them, but I'll probably die by their MG anyways.  Maybe it's just because my teammates suck. :( I googled "tank overpowered bc2" and I got some results. Apparently the RPG takes 4 hits to kill a tank from the front. "

It depends if the have extra front armour enabled, or if you're hitting the top front or the front front. 

Use the RPG, take 3 or 4 shots, it go boom, problem solved. Is it really that damn hard!?
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
      Use the RPG, take 3 or 4 shots, it go boom, problem solved. Is it really that damn hard!? "
    Try to understand that not everyone on this site is as l33t as you.
    Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Toxin066
    YES, IT IS JUST YOU.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Relys said:
    " Or are the tanks OP?  I'm not a console n00b. I've played BF2 on the PC ages ago, and I have 1943... But BC2 has so many whores who camp across the map in tanks and do nothing but killwhore. "
    Nah brah, I said this before and everyone yelled at me. Tanks are way too OP in this game, and need to be spawned less. Maybe ONE tank per side, but not two. Two is too many.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @Relys said:
    " Or are the tanks OP?  I'm not a console n00b. I've played BF2 on the PC ages ago, and I have 1943... But BC2 has so many whores who camp across the map in tanks and do nothing but killwhore. "
    Nah brah, I said this before and everyone yelled at me. Tanks are way too OP in this game, and need to be spawned less. Maybe ONE tank per side, but not two. Two is too many. "
    I agree as well. Maybe if the scout missile launcher returns from the first game would it balance it better?
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @natetodamax said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
      Use the RPG, take 3 or 4 shots, it go boom, problem solved. Is it really that damn hard!? "
    Try to understand that not everyone on this site is as l33t as you. "

If you think you need to be "l33t" to use a RPG, then you should quit playing FPS video games.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CowMuffins
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    If you think you need to be "l33t" to use a RPG, then you should quit playing FPS video games. "
    You should quit your life. Here's a rope.
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    If you think you need to be "l33t" to use a RPG, then you should quit playing FPS video games. "
    "

Ahahaha! 

I always have this handy.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CowMuffins
    @ADTR_ZERO: Says you.
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @CowMuffins:
    Well, who else would have said it? It clearly says "ADTR_ZERO" above that post. 

I guarantee it. 

Edit: Oh I see, you're still on about how I don't think UC2 is the best game ever created and that we all need to ejaculate on our PS3s.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CowMuffins
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @CowMuffins: Well, who else would have said it? It clearly says "ADTR_ZERO" above that post.   I guarantee it.   Edit: Oh I see, you're still on about how I don't think UC2 is the best game ever created and that we all need to ejaculate on our PS3s. "
    And you continue to prove my point even more.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Marz

i think tanks are fine, it's just in this beta that one side exclusively gets to use tanks while the defenders are defenseless after the first objectives get blown up and they can't use tanks.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @CowMuffins: Well, who else would have said it? It clearly says "ADTR_ZERO" above that post.   I guarantee it.   Edit: Oh I see, you're still on about how I don't think UC2 is the best game ever created and that we all need to ejaculate on our PS3s. "
    And you continue to prove my point even more. "

I don't understand what you mean by that... 

unless you actually feel the need to do what I said. It's O.K dude, just say it, I won't judge you. 

Whatever, just stop. This is the BF:BC2 forum and you're telling me to kill myself and mentioning the UC2 forum. 

I think you would fit in greatly here.
    Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deathstriker666

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the only vehicles the defenders have are the humvees 
    I don't own a PS3 and the only source of information I have is from the Quicklook

That being said, the defenders will pretty much always loose
    It's not that the tanks are necessarily overpowered, but there is nothing to effectively to counter them   
    That's why it's still in beta :D

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @CowMuffins said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    "

Ahahaha! 

"
    It's funny that you keep that handy. Maybe you should use it on yourself every once-and -a-while.
    TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwilitEnd656

It really isn't so bad. I generally spot 'em, and if I have a fitting kit (C4, mortar, RPG, etc) I'll play demo-man along with whoever else on the team might. Tracer darts are rather helpful as well.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jeffsekai

Tanks are fine.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Pibo47
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " Tanks are fine. "
    Exactly, BC2 is a team based game. That means you gotta work with your squad and get shit done. Which mean taking out tanks when they come your way.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Pibo47 said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " Tanks are fine. "
    Exactly, BC2 is a team based game. That means you gotta work with your squad and get shit done. Which mean taking out tanks when they come your way. "
    Yup, I rember playing BF:BC and the team "camping" us with 3 tanks. They were all dead the next time we spawned. 2 Demoletion kits and a Sniper with laser do wonders to camping tanks. If your getting camped by a tank then your playing BF wrong.
    day2daze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By day2daze

this is no different from modern campfare's 'problem' (note the sarcastic quotation marks). be glad that in BC's case this is ONE map, one game mode that might have a camping problem, probably not though ...whereas on campfare- the exact opposite.
    but i'm talking out of my ass here, i haven't played either, next month though m otherfucker!

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By senrat

I like tanks being poweful, thats what they are supposed to be like. When i played the first BFBC i dont ever remember tanks being overpowered.  On BF2 tanks were too easy to kill.  Whenever i saw a tank on that game i just waited a few seconds for a chopper or plane to blast it to pieces.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By Seppli

Dude, the further away the tanks are, the safer they feel. Go ninja with either the recon kit or the assault kit with a shotty, slugs and C4. Nothing quite like ninja style tank sabotage with C4. Sneaky! Sneaky! Defending maptier one on Arica Harbor sneaking around as assault kit soldier with C4 in his loadout is the most fun I had in the beta. So exciting! Also, most 'complainers' haven't unlocked the mortar strike for the recon kit yet. It can one-hit a tank, if it doesn't move quickly out of the area of effect. Even if it does, an additional RPG from an engineer and the tank is history. Personally, I usually keep my distance with the tank. Playing the far angles as an attacker forces the defenders to act - or fail. All the while thinning out the numbers in 'intervention range' of the crates. Being effective is smart gameplay.

DICE has already said, that they do nerf tanks indirectly by adding an 'overheat' mechanic to the repair tool, so an engineer can't repair a tank indefinitly. Should do the trick. No more minutelong stalemates between supported tanks and such. Quit whining. It's all good. Btw. Vehicle Main Weapons Zoom for the win. Especially on the UAV.

Off-topic: Alternate Fire on the UAV is the sickest thing ever. Adds a machinegun to the UAV. Insane fun! Day 1 buyers (Limited Edition) will have that gem unlocked from the get-go. Kickass!

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jmrwacko
    @Relys said:
    "Or are the tanks OP?  I'm not a console n00b. I've played BF2 on the PC ages ago, and I have 1943... But BC2 has so many whores who camp across the map in tanks and do nothing but killwhore. "

Tanks have always been reeeeally powerful in Battlefield games because people in public servers are generally retarded and run around like headless chickens. But get a tracer dart and some anti tank rockets and the tank will suddenly seem much less overpowered as it did before. 

You also have to understand that a tank with a good vantage point becomes almost a sniper in open maps. If you ambush a tank from above or behind, it's going down quick.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MrKlorox

This is the main reason I want EMP devices. The EMP grenades from BF2142 were best for stunning vehicles until your teammates destroyed them, or for single-handedly tricking the enemy into abandoning his for your taking. Also if you could land one on an air vehicle, they always came crashing down. It's so humuliating having your gunship destroyed by non-damaging weapons.

But they've never really been necessary, regardless of which BF game (especially since I never see anybody else use them in 2142) . Taking out a tank with one well-placed rocket up the exhaust has always been possible and now easier than ever with the tracer dart. The only problem is that it usually requires teamwork; and as stated before, you won't find much teamwork in a regular pub match. But find a dedicated server where a skilled group of players resides and the whole game changes. (This is why dedicated servers matter, and truly make or break some gametypes.)

I still haven't played BC2, but my experience with previous Battlefields tells me things won't be drastically different.

nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By nick69

Get a tank, and kill the other tank. Or better yet, get a helicopter!

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Relys
    @nick69 said:
    " Get a tank, and kill the other tank. Or better yet, get a helicopter! "
    And that brings us to another point of debate...
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Evilsbane

This is why you are supposed to play as a team, but no one on Xbox live or PSN work together so...meh

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By big_jon

Tanks are great, not paper like most games.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Evilsbane said:
    " This is why you are supposed to play as a team, but no one on Xbox live or PSN work together so...meh "
    There are reasons I am getting the PC version. This is part of the main one. It goes hand-in-hand with dedicated servers.

Skilled, team-focused players tend to settle down at a couple preferred locations, and it's convenient when those locations aren't created on-the-fly like with player matching.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.