Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Kicked to dashboard?

DiscoDuck8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DiscoDuck8k

I haven't been playing online for very long, but just today the game has been kicking a friend and I to the Xbox dashboard all the time. Played for an hour or two as usual, then it started happening out of nowhere and is still doing it several hours later. Game loads, lasts for about a minute, then quits entirely. Hasn't worked since basically.

What's going on?

TheBalticOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheBalticOne

It's been happening to me also, and I haven't heard anything about a patch coming out to fix the problem.  
    Which is annoying to say the least

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CenturionCajun

The game has done that from time to time since it came out. In fact this just happened to me right as a building fell on me destroying the very last crate in a rush match. It was rather amusing thinking the building hit me so hard it knocked me offline...that was until I realized the forty or so kills I had just gotten probably weren't going to count. Annoying.

Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FakePlasticTree

Holy hell this still happens? I played this game at launch and I stopped counting how many times I had been kicked to the dashboard. Last count was 17, and that was at launch. I can't believe this still happens. I feel your pain. 

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RetroMetal

Yeah, this used to happen a LOT at launch, then it seemed they fixed it, but for the last 2-3 weeks it's been happening to me again almost daily... multiple times a day.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

This happened to me too, many un-fun things happen to me with this game because I live too far from EA's servers & the game has bugs. 

When this happened I just stared at the TV dumbfounded, I didn't know that games could do that without being programmed to do so. It must be some special preventative measure put into the console that makes it go to the dash instead of freeze? Ends the game process string.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax

This happens to me too. I also get kicked out of the Rush & Conquest playlist a lot and the game has frozen on me twice.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CenturionCajun

Yeah, keeps telling me I've been kicked as I try to join a Rush match. Bizarre.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Mighty

This is a nasty glitch. It happens to everyone once in a while.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CenturionCajun

I just had a new kind of bizarre and immensely infuriating thing just happen. I had the standard get kicked to from a game happen. However, upon trying to re-enter multiplayer I found that I was only able to access the very starting equipment. Completely confounded I exited and looked at my stats. It still has my Warrant Officer rank and all of my unlocked weapons and stats listed. Still, when I enter multiplayer just base weapons and abilities. What's going on?

DiscoDuck8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DiscoDuck8k
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " I just had a new kind of bizarre and immensely infuriating thing just happen. I had the standard get kicked to from a game happen. However, upon trying to re-enter multiplayer I found that I was only able to access the very starting equipment. Completely confounded I exited and looked at my stats. It still has my Warrant Officer rank and all of my unlocked weapons and stats listed. Still, when I enter multiplayer just base weapons and abilities. What's going on? "
    Same thing happened maybe the second time after I'd been kicked and joined a game. I quit out, went back, all my equipment was available again. My friend wasn't so lucky and started also getting messages about his save file being corrupted (lost all single player progress). Everything seemed to be working earlier today for me though.

Absolutely weird. You would think if something has been happening since launch they would have it fixed by now. These sound like glaring issues. =/
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, after playing a round or two rocking the M1 Garand and just about nothing else it all came back. I'll just chock it up to the server hiccuping and move on. Still, weird.

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @FakePlasticTree: 
    its actually not as bad as it used to be. it happened all the time around the games launch but it only happens every once and a while now. i think its a server issue and the game doesnt know how to react to it and closes the game.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By pweidman

That used to happen often b4 the patch...is it really back?  I've played a few nights recently and haven't encountered it.  I'll probably never play it again if it does though....just been through enough bullshit w/the mp performance of BBC2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.