Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Multiplayer Tips Depository

TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By TiE23

Okay, I don't claim to be the best. I've had my fair share of really terrible defeats, but I get first place around 40% of the time, and no, I don't whore for points with reviving people...

But here are my "credentials" :

180 hours in BC2. 35 hours in the BC2 beta. 26 in the 360 Demo. 247 hours in BC1 (rank 2!). And 175 hours in BF2.

My list, hi-lights are in bold.
    • Sit close to your screen. 
    • Keep the volume loud enough to hear footsteps and C4 beeps.
    • Watch the ground for mines whenever driving. When in doubt, spot them, if they show up on the radar, they're enemy mines.
    • When suspicious of enemies in a room, throw a grenade through the window, if you here "LOOK OUT! GRENADE!" You know you've got baddies. 
    • After killing an enemy, keep an ear out for "Man Down!", this is a sign that you're about to be jumped. 
    • Set the enemy VO to localized in the options, it'll make the Russians speak in accented English, even if they're not on your team.
    • Think before spawning on squad mates.
    • When on a cold streak, change up your approach or strategy, even if it doesn't seem best.
    • Set the ground vehicle controls to BC1 style, using the left trigger as the gas may seem strange, but after 5 minutes you'll get over it, and have better access to your cannons, even when reversing.
    • Remember, tanks take 2x damage to the sides and back, and 1.2x damage if those sides are hit from an angle. Use this knowledge when attacking other tanks, and use it to keep yourself alive by always squaring off.
    • Remember the option to man the turret of your tank when dealing with foot soldiers, it may be better than manning the tank cannon.
    • Try all the weapons, having all the options you can get is best.
    • Use all the kits until you're proficient. If you're stubborn enough to play only one class, or just plain don't like one of them, you're making a huge mistake. Having a favorite isn't a problem, though.
    • Carl Gustav is good for helicopters and soldiers. RPG is good for armor on smaller maps. AT4 is good for armor on larger maps. Also, yes, your hunch is right, the Carl Gustav does less damage.
    • Spread out your mines and place them on the crests of hills, near wreckage, and in shadows.
    • You can climb through double windows if you slash the center bar with your knife.
    • Keep your crosshair where you expect to see enemies.
    • Stop sprinting when rounding corners, the time it takes to pull up your gun can kill you. Best way to cancel a sprint it lightly hit the aim button.
    • Use reload canceling on bolt action sniper rifles, LMGs, and grenade launchers (switch away and back to weapon when the ammo counter says the ammo is replenished)
    • It's better to just bring extra rocket ammo for your Carl Gustav than try to hit Black Hawks with tracer darts. They fly at about the same speed, so if you were lucky enough to tag a heli, you could have already killed it.
    • Personal recommendation to use the BC1 style soldier buttons, knives in this game aren't really used in sudden situations, but pulling out pistols quickly is important.
    • When disarming a crate, you can still aim, shoot, and reload. It requires you to aim with your left thumb, though... which may be easy for me cause I've got giant hands... so... yeah...
    • Something I realized this week: If you get into a situation where you're being chased or chasing an enemy, and the line is broken through a door way, do not attack, let the enemy approach you through the door. In other words, door ways are really dangerous.
    • If your team is really getting hammered on offense, using smoke grenades in abundance can really turn the tide.
    • Learn to play without red dot or ACOG scopes, just plain old iron sites. Becoming proficient with plain iron sites will let you use other perks like faster sprint and extra grenades (great for assault). And when you do need those sites, their advantages become much more effective.
    • When doing very long distance sniping, the real only choice is the plain M24. The GOL has no notches, the M95 is slow, loud, and has hard to read notches, and is slightly less accurate to boot.
    • Do not doubt the utility of the 40mm shotgun.
    • When doing the dangerous stairwell climb, look forward first, then backwards. Through the months it seems people have realized that the behind-the-stairs hiding spot is no longer secret, and as a result tend to stand at the top of the stairs, cause people tend to look backwards all the time.
    • Shooting at walls with 40mm grenades and rockets is a great way to kill those on the other side.
    • Do the opposite of what your enemy expects in those weird whack-a-mole situations.
    • The M14 can be a great alternative to Engineer's guns for larger maps.
    • The accuracy perk can be more useful than the magnum ammo perk. Magnum, for instance, makes the shots to kill for the AN-94 at long distance from 5 shots to 4 shots (to body), which is crap when half of your bullets miss.
    • Reload when you get the chance, I find is insane when I see people on videos and such killing a person, and then running off with only 12 bullets in their XM8 clip or something.
    • Experiment with the pistols. I personally prefer the Grach, having 17 somewhat powerful shots is great when you pull the trigger fast. And the sight is clean, and has good long distance plunking ability.
    • Apparently the magnum ammo perk for sniper rifles decreases their range, so keep that in mind when doing very long distance sniping.
    • SPOT ALWAYS
    • Keep an eye out for UAVs
    • The knife isn't all that reliable, save it for snipers and campers. Going toe to toe with a knife ends with a bullet in your face 90% of the time.

Okay, yeah, it's a little messy. But if you guys have any comments, leave them.

Better yet, please leave your own tips. Even if it's just one or two. Nothing cheap, though, we don't need more cheap players. I want this to be an advice thread! : D
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By grilledcheez

Seems like a really good list, I would just like to add further emphasis to the "SPOT ALWAYS"...not enough people do it and it can really change the way the game is played.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I tired that site and their stat tracker does not seem that good. That Or I am much better then I recall. 

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ryax

take tips from someone who misses 79% of their shots? i think not.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Ryax said:
    " take tips from someone who misses 79% of their shots? i think not. "

What about me? 
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ryax
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ryax said:
        What about me?  "
    especially not you! never ever would i listen to a thing you said about anything ever
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Ryax said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ryax said:
        What about me?  "
    especially not you! never ever would i listen to a thing you said about anything ever "
    But I play to help others! Without them being alive we lose! 
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ryax
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ryax said:
        What about me?  "
    especially not you! never ever would i listen to a thing you said about anything ever "
    But I play to help others! Without them being alive we lose!  "
    wait. you're suppose to help your team mates in bad company 2?! i was just doing what ever one else was doing at playing it like call of duty. wow. my word has been rocked
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikeeegeee

When using the UAV, flying low to the ground and darting in and out of cover is a great way to maneuver around the battlefield. Plus, it's not often expected as most UAV's just hover high above the battlefield and rain down missiles. Just remember that your main objective as the UAV is to spot everything and take out turrets.

Oh, when playing Engineer on a map that pits you against tanks and other armor, use fucking mines. I feel like me and a few dozen other people use the mines. They stay after you've died, and you drop like five at a time. You can make getting a tank to the MCOMs a nightmare for the other team.

Also, if you're an Engineer with rockets, destroy enemy turrets with those rockets. If you find yourself walking towards the enemy base with little to shoot at, but there are turrets in your line of sight, just take them out. Learn the maps and learn the key locations of particularly devastating turrets. Get rid of them.

Finally, if you're rolling Soldier, drop ammo packs. Seems that far too many people still neglect to do so.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spoonman671

Right below your point about shooting smoke grenades, you should add one suggesting that if you see your teammate shooting smoke grenades, you should rush, using the smoke for cover.  You'd be surprised how often I'm covering the entire playing field in smoke and my whole team is just sitting back.

Also, there's a bug where sometimes aiming through smoke will make it disappear.

Don't spawn next to a sniper (or anybody really) and then immediately start firing full-auto or shooting off rockets.  You're probably not going to kill anything and will only get you and your squadmate spotted, and piss off your team.

When playing Rush as the attacking team you should ATTACK THE OBJECTIVE.  When playing Rush as the defending team you should DEFEND THE OBJECTIVE.

That's it for now, but I'll probably be back.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By infininja

Use reload cancelling on practically everything, especially RPGs. It's actually ready to fire much sooner than it lets you aim down the sights without reload cancelling.

Good tip on spotting the enemy mines. I knew you shouted about them when destroying one, but I could never tell if they were friendly or enemy. (Also, how fucked up is it that you don't get points for blowing up enemy explosives??)

Using extra explosive damage with Carl against helicopters should even take out armored choppers.

The tracer dart was updated weeks ago. It actually flies 166% faster than Carl (or, for a different frame of reference, exactly 1/3 the speed of bullets). Use it.

Strafe right and hit back/select (or just hit socialize on PC at any time) so you can fire AND spot simultaneously. Even if you go down shooting, your teammates will know where the enemy is.

The bolt actions all do comparable damage since the patch (the M95 does a measly 5 more than the others). The SV98 shoots the fastest, reloads the fastest, and has the largest magazine. If you don't mind the sights or use an ACOG like I do, it's your best bet. The M24 is runner up.

The M95 does some damage to lightly armored vehicles, including helicopters.

I actually find the G3 to be a fantastic engineer weapon, but it should almost never be fired full auto.

I haven't heard any information about magnum decreases any gun's range (all gun's bullets go to infinity). Magnum should only increase the distance a gun does its maximum damage. Still, it's not that useful for sniping unless the whole other team is wearing body armor (or if you're using the SVU).

The semi-automatics (M14, M1, T88 S, SVU) are basically clones of each other.  However, the SVU has the biggest range, 10 extra rounds in reserve (at least as compared to the T88, but I think the others too), and is silenced to boot. Add magnum ammo and it's a 3 shot kill against any unarmored target at any range. I also like to use an ACOG scope.

The pump action shotguns are basically clones. The NS 2000 reloads the fastest (so use that one), followed by the M870, with the SPAS bringing in the rear.

The semi automatic shotguns are basically clones. The SAIGA reloads the fastest. Use it.

The pump action shotguns with slugs are basically the same as the bolt action rifles without scopes.

The semi automatic shotguns with slugs are basically the same as the semi automatic rifles (M14, M1, T88 S, SVU).

AT mines are golden for destroying MCOM stations. Like C4, you can drop a maximum of 6 at a time, but unlike C4 they don't disappear when you die. That means even if you die in the middle of placing them, you can still come back later to blow them up, and there isn't a damn thing the defenders can do about it. Obviously, watch out for engineers near your MCOMs on defense.

The AT4's damage was lowered with the last patch. It now does the same damage as the RPG 7.

PICK UP DEAD ENEMY AND FIENDLY KITS. Recon dies near you? Swap to him for a second and chuck a motion mine. Assault dies near you? Drop an ammo pack for yourself.

AMMO PACKS AND MED PACKS STACK. The more you are standing on, the faster your ammo replenishes and your character heals. Don't not drop an ammo pack just because "there's already one there."

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KimChi4U

Here's a few tips that have helped me to be a better bfbc2 player 

- If you play recon, use your motion sensors. Not enough people do this. When playing rush, I throw them on mcom stations to help either assault or repel the enemies. 

- When playing a medic, if you see a guy get mowed down near you, don't revive him immediately. Try to look for his killer first. I've seen so many times where someone revives me, only to have the same guy kill me again and kill the medic as well. 

- Be careful of levelling the surroundings around an mcom station. It might be easier to reach the mcom station, but it's easier for others to see you and shoot you. 

- When on offense, try to sneak around from behind. Your squad can spawn on you, it's easier to assault mcom stations when the defense doesn't know where you're coming from, and you can get a lot of kills on unsuspecting defenders. Remember to change positions after making a kill or two because the defends will be looking for you when they respawn. 

- Think carefully before hopping into a tank when you're on offense. Have the defenders easily destroyed the previous 2 or 3 tanks? Is there an ATV around instead. Sometimes speed is more valuable than firepower.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Don't suck.  

Hope I helped.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By FireBurger
    • When disarming a crate keep moving back and forth so snipers can't snag an easy headshot.
    • When looking long distances, even if you don't see anything, still hit the "spot" button. At long range you can tag multiple snipers.
    • When playing as engineer, use the launchers to look long distances. They have a slight zoom plus they're probably your best long range weapon. Counter-sniping with rockets is a lot of fun and very satisfying. :)
    • When playing as a sniper, using motion mines isn't always the best idea. If you're hunting someone, you don't want them to know you're coming for them.
    • Vice versa, if you hear the beep of being in a motion mine, either stand still or find a bush to hide in and then stand still, and take people out as they come for you.
    • When sneaking through an enemy base, killing people isn't always the best idea. You make noise, plus within 15 seconds they'll be back, hunting you. I've passed inches behind enemies without killing them so that I could C4 the crate.
    • As defenders, once you lose a base, try and hide somewhere so you can steal the attackers' vehicles when they spawn.
    • Vice versa, as attackers, always be sure to clear out a newly captured base. Otherwise, you'll get spawn-killed and have your vehicles stolen.
    • If the attackers dump one of their vehicles in your base, even a crappy car, don't destroy it. The longer it's in your base, the longer they can't use it.
    • If you can learn the timing, cross the "out of bounds" area before technically allowed when attacking. In a vehicle, crossing 8-10 seconds early can get you in the enemy base before they realize.
    • Remember that you are a mobile spawn point, so sometimes just bedding down somewhere safe in the enemy base can help your squad, especially if you're communicating.
    • On Port Valdez (Rush), at the Harbor (3rd base), man the TOW missile that looks down the road. You can spot infantry as they come and you can eliminate the car and two tanks pretty easily. This can really turn the battle either way.
    • When a bomb is planted, don't always go rushing to it. Leaving one crate completely unguarded just means you'll end up with two bombs to diffuse.
    • Attacking up stairs when a house is occupied by enemies is often like stepping into a meat grinder. If you're equipped for it (extra explosives and C4), just blow out the first story and bring the house down on them. This is incredibly satisfying after getting spawn sniped by a bitch sniper hiding in your base. I suggest following it up by jumping up and down on the rubble. :)
    • If you can think fast enough, grabbing the kit of an enemy you just killed can be quicker than reloading if you're in a bind. Plus, it feels badass. :)
    • At close range, especially with pistols, don't use the iron sights. You aim too slowly to track someone effectively. As far as pistols go, I prefer the M1911 hands down. I feel just about as comfortable rounding a corner with that as I do with a full-auto LMG.
    • When you and an enemy are opposite each other behind cover, the best way to surprise them is to go over the top, such as a flaming vehicle or a boulder.
    • When sniping, unless you have a good hiding spot, search for targets and line up your shot as best you can while moving, and stop just before pulling the trigger. This makes it much harder to be counter-sniped.
    • When sniping, fast-swapping to a pistol after hitting someone with your bolt-action can earn you a quick kill, even at long range.
    • When reloading, double-tapping the button will cancel a reload if you come across another enemy.
    • Try your best to prioritize targets. Kill the person looking your direction before the person facing away. Kill the person defusing the bomb before the guy standing 10 yards away. Always try and kill medics first because killing a whole squad only to leave a medic alive is pointless.
    • Like others have said, USE ROCKETS ON THE CRATES. Honestly, if everyone did this, you might almost never lose.

That's all I can think of for now that hasn't already been mentioned.

I may not have an amazing K:D ratio, but I'm content with my W:L ratio.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FireBurger
    @KimChi4U said:
    " When playing a medic, if you see a guy get mowed down near you, don't revive him immediately. Try to look for his killer first. I've seen so many times where someone revives me, only to have the same guy kill me again and kill the medic as well."
    Haha, yeah. I refer to that as Tunnel Vision. All they're focused on is that little squiggly revive symbol.
    Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

On some rush games: It's far more simple to just destroy the building the mcom station is located in rather than storming the building itself. Too many dumbasses wasting attacker's tickets.

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KimChi4U
    @FireBurger:
    I know for a fact that I've played in a match with you a few times on the opposing team and that you've killed me quite often. I think I'll invite you to my friends list so that I won't have to suffer that embarrassment again.  =)
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @FireBurger said: 
    • When reloading, double-tapping the button will cancel a reload if you come across another enemy.

Wow, I didn't know reloading can be canceled by double-tapping.  I usually just switch to the pistol if i want to cancel a reload, hehe!  I definitely have to try that later. :)
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By mikemcn

Whats the damage like on the top of  a tank?

Ive had situations where i've been on rooftops above an enemy tank, and ive shot down at it, just wondering if that was worth it or should I have snuck around to the back.

Sidfiou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sidfiou

For the Assault class, I never choose the perks to have a larger capacity for ammo. To me, it matters very little when you can dump ammo crates.

For defense during Rush, when dealing with enemy tanks I tend to hammer them repeatedly with smoke grenades right in front of their line of sight.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By infininja
    @Mikemcn: There is no damage multiplier for the tops of vehicles. Only the back and sides do extra damage. So... it's hard to tell if hitting it on the top will count as a side hit or front hit or what.

@Sidfiou: Never underestimate the power of being able to throw 2 grenades in succession without having to wait for the resupply.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FireBurger
    @KimChi4U said:
    " @FireBurger: I know for a fact that I've played in a match with you a few times on the opposing team and that you've killed me quite often. I think I'll invite you to my friends list so that I won't have to suffer that embarrassment again.  =) "
    Haha, alright man sounds good.
    Sidfiou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sidfiou
    @Infininja: That's understandable. Typically I just juggle between a grenade first, then the grenade launcher second in those situations.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @TiE23 said:
    • Carl Gustav is good for helicopters and soldiers. RPG is good for armor on smaller maps. AT4 is good for armor on larger maps. Also, yes, your hunch is right, the Carl Gustav does less damage.
    • It's better to just bring extra rocket ammo for your Carl Gustav than try to hit Black Hawks with tracer darts. They fly at about the same speed, so if you were lucky enough to tag a heli, you could have already killed it.
    • When doing very long distance sniping, the real only choice is the plain M24. The GOL has no notches, the M95 is slow, loud, and has hard to read notches, and is slightly less accurate to boot.
    • Apparently the magnum ammo perk for sniper rifles decreases their range, so keep that in mind when doing very long distance sniping.

Apart from the above 4 point's good tips.
    Regarding those 4 I would disagree:

RPG is better against helicopters then the CG due to the fact that CG will not always 1 shot a helicopter especially if it has an armor perk, for this reason it is more reliable to use the RPG on the helis and you can even not use extra explosive dammage on it as it's not required to down helis and use the perk for something else.

Completely wrong on the second point above. Tracer darts have been buffed hugely some time ago. They now travel 5 times faster then a rocket (or half the standard bullet speed). It is not advisable in almost all situations to tracer first ask questions later: like why the fuck that second whore of an engineer stole your heli kill by firing half a second faster after locking on, and what smartass launched the third rocket up a helis ass after seeing the other 2 homin in on it, or why were the dudes in the helicopter stiupid enough not to jump out as soon as they were tracered :)

I would have to say that the 3rd point is a matter of peronal preferrence. After a while you get used to and dont care about having no notches on the GOL.
    GOL positive is that unlike other sniper rifles it has NO sway at all. Sway can become kind of a problem at long ranges.
    M95 has the upside of using HMG rounds, it has therefore less drop and is able to 1 shot UAVs with magnum ammo.
    I myself tend to favour the GOL lately due to not needing the notches anymore and I only really countersnipe other snipers when on defense which means long ranges.

False rumors magnum bullets do not affect sniper fire in any way other then increase dammage.  i switch between using magnum and body armor often as a sniper and there really is no difference in bullet drop.

Otherwise good tips.

@Mikemcn said:
    " Whats the damage like on the top of  a tank?  Ive had situations where i've been on rooftops above an enemy tank, and ive shot down at it, just wondering if that was worth it or should I have snuck around to the back. "
    Top armor is equivalent to side armor. Only front tank armor is treated special.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By infininja
    @Tennmuerti:  Carl with the explosive damage spec should even take out armored helicopters, but if you're going the tracer dart route an RPG will work just fine.

The tracer darts actually travel 1/3 the speed of bullets now.

None of the sniper rifles have sway on consoles, so that's a non-issue for a lot of players. Not that you're wrong when commenting on PC.
     What I have heard though is all bullets drop at -9.8m/s².  This should include the HMG rounds. I have no way to test it though.
    emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By emkeighcameron

On offense, focus heavily on flanking the defender's front line far PAST the MCOM stations. If you're the first man in, keep running from cover to cover, farther behind their lines. In essence, IGNORE the MCOM and keep on going. Let your squad mates spawn in on you and cause chaos behind their lines. This distraction, if done properly, will allow your less-valuable teammates to arm/C4 the MCOM into oblivion, while the enemy troops focus on you and your squad.

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Garrus

lol I play this game too much.

Anyway my tips:

Choppers -

- Use flares by taking smoke pack, this deactivates any tracer darts on your chopper. 
    - Have an engineer in the back of the chopper all the time and slow the chopper down in the air to fix it.  
    - Engineers, don't jump out of the chopper when its hit unless its 00% health, you can fix it inside the chopper without jumping out if the chopper is moving stable and slow.
    - People sitting in the side should be assault and engineers, they can fire rockets and grenades though switching up for medic may be useful for dropping supplies, believe me, get it right and you really made somebody's day down there.
    - In attack choppers, if both the Pilot and the Gunner take ALT WEAPONS they can take out tanks more easily. Gunner will recieve a tracer dart and the pilot will recieve an auto lock on missle which is damn powerful.
    - If  you can fire anything in when piloting, try to hit the back of the tank and not the front all the time.
    - Attacking tanks? Stay up high and get the gunner to pummel the tank or move fast and fire yourself if you have the momentum to keep flying and firing. Tanks can aim up further than you'd think. I see T90s on Port Valdez take out choppers all the time.
    - When in the blackhawk you are not attacking, you are transporting 2 miniguns, and may be transporting people, if transporting troops is not your goal at the time, your gunners DO need time to maintain fire for kills.
    - Taking body armor when in any chopper with Vehicle Armor greatly increases chances of escape from AA Fire by rockets/RPGs etc. Body armor prevents you from taking damage from gunfire which is great for pilot and gunner. You may also survive a rocket hit.
    - Facing the chopper sideways against the enemy so your gunner can hit them is a bad idea, your gunner can aim forward, tell them to deal with it. Unless you need to prioritise a target, don't risk making your chopper a larger target. Easier to dodge rockets too.

Never ever dismiss the use of the 40mm Shotgun either. They're damn useful for when your noob tube may be a threat to your own safety.
    A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow

i dont know if someone said it but if a squad mate goes down and he is a medic and you are in behind enemy lines pick up his kit and revive him  

No Caption Provided
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShaneDev

Does anyone know the stats for the armour perk for vehicles? I sometimes wonder if it works but other times I get hit and take no damage.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By infininja
    @ShaneDev:  0.75x damage taken.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShaneDev
    @Infininja: Thanks!
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Infininja said:
    " @Tennmuerti:  Carl with the explosive damage spec should even take out armored helicopters, but if you're going the tracer dart route an RPG will work just fine.  The tracer darts actually travel 1/3 the speed of bullets now.  None of the sniper rifles have sway on consoles, so that's a non-issue for a lot of players. Not that you're wrong when commenting on PC.  What I have heard though is all bullets drop at -9.8m/s².  This should include the HMG rounds. I have no way to test it though. "
    Well I'm guessing that CG with explosive taking out heli's in one hit is due to dmg being x1.25 on the console version. I regularly had situations when my CG with extra explosive almost kills the heli but not quite. This probably occurs due to extra armor perk being used as well.
    My bad on tracer speed, you right it's 1/3rd bullet not 1/2, but it's still super usefull on helis and should always be used in conjunction with RPG/CG when possible.
    Yeah I was commenting on PC version. I kind of dislike that DICE made the guns behave differently tbh. It kind of make the snipers more balanced on PC with GOL having nothing to offer on the console versions.
    xp0svolc0mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By xp0svolc0mx

If you think you see an enemy, spam the "SPOT" button around the are until he appears. Also, using rockets to destroy MCOMM stations is a godsend.  

Tips for Rush: 

-Be in a good squad that actually talks, having a simple strategy can really help.
    -When trying to arm an MCOMM station in the middle of an open area, use smoke grenades as cover. 
    -If you die and your squad is in a undesirable position, try to switch to another squad if possible (this was not allowed in BF2) 
    -M14 + handling improvements = perfect weapon for long range engineers. 
    -Make sure you know how to use each kit! Don't stick to one. 
    -Don't use magnum ammo if you're a sniper On hXc... use armour. 
    - If you keep dying, change your strategy and take a deep breath... it's battlefield, you die a lot in this game. 
    -COMMUNICATION IS KEY, I swear, every round that I've been in or played against a squad that used communication, I would do really well. 
    -If you're trying to quickly rack up XP, don't play Squad deathmatch... you might get a lot of kills, but playing Rush will get you wayy more XP.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ZimboDK

Well, I've only been playing for 2 days, but here's what I've learned so far:

-ALWAYS SPOT! It is incredibly helpful. If you're a beginner, getting used to doing this should be easy.
    -Don't just rush blindly forwards, it will get you killed. Think, then move.
    -Use cover. If you don't, you die.
    -Stick with your squad. In almost all the games I've been in, I see people all over the place, doing their own thing (I may have done this myself the first couple of hours :-). Strength in numbers.
    -Communicate with your team. If an attack is well coordinated, a round can be over in a matter of a few minutes.
    -Don't just blindly spawn next to a squad mate. If he's under fire, there's a good chance you'll be caught in the crossfire when you spawn.
    -If you're new, you will probably die a lot until you get used to the mechanics of the game and level up a bit. Just fight through it, it will get better. Of course, if you're like me, you'll still die a lot, but at least you get plenty of points :-)

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KimChi4U

Here are a few "ahem" tips for getting some extra points while playing... 

- Place 1 or 2 mines along the main roads leading to your mcom stations when on defense during a rush game. Then place a few on the not so main roads. A lot of guys driving the light vehicles will drive as fast as they can along these smaller paths and a well placed mine will earn you a couple hundred points. 

- Choose either the assault class or recon class with a shotgun and C4 when on the attack during a rush game. Sneak your way to the Mcom station, plant 6 C4 on the box, arm the charge and then find a good hiding spot that gives you line of sight to the mcom station. Wait for the defenders to get close to the building and then set off the C4. You can usually get about 300-400 points for the mcom damage from the C4 blast, 50 points for each guy caught in the blast, and 250 points if they don't disarm the charge (plus any bonuses if this was your sqaud's target). That's a minimum of 600ish points...the same as running around and killing 12 guys. 

- Find a smart tank driver (or helicopter pilot) and be his gunner. You some points for his kills and points for your own as well. Be an engineer and repair his tank when it gets damaged. 

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By infininja
    @Tennmuerti:  The extra 25% damage on consoles was taken out a while ago, and even then it was only on some bullet-based guns. Not on the explosions. I haven't had trouble taking down helicopters with Carl and extra explosive damage. :shrug: Still, you're right that the RPG is great to use when locking on with a tracer dart.

I'm actually upset that DICE nerfed the bolt actions. There was a good balance between them, even without the discrepancies in sway on console. Now they all do the same amount (except the M95, which does an insignificantly higher amount at range) and there's really no choice besides reload/fire rate (SV98) and scope style (personal opinion). :\

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.