Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Official BF:BC 2 Coverart for PS3, 360 and PC

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Sweet Cover Artworks - Tagged Awesomeness

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97

Man, you are on top of things aren't you? Anyways, they really are pushing the online part of the this time around aren't they?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli

Yeah - love the touch with their online handles in the boxart.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By ShaneDev
    @Seppli: It looks really good i wonder what the campaign will be like  (the you should add  them  to the wiki page)
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

That looks awesome

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By TheHBK

wow, i don't know what to say.  i think its pretty gay how they are trying to make the cover look serious, is that how the game will be?  The first one didn't seem to be that serious.  I think this is more of DICE blinking when staring down IW and MW2.  I dont like the bad company story either, wish they would drop it and go back to the big battles from Battlefield 2.  I wish they would just say, fuck it, here is Battlefield 3 bitches.
    Do love the online names thing, thats pretty cool.  But even if it is a copy of the style of MW2's cover, it is one badass looking cover.  Seriously, it would be more badass if it didnt say badcompany 2 and just said battlefield 3.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

yo your pants are on fire.  looks good I like it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

Pretty cool.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seppli
    @TheHBK said:
    " wow, i don't know what to say.  i think its pretty gay how they are trying to make the cover look serious, is that how the game will be?  The first one didn't seem to be that serious.  I think this is more of DICE blinking when staring down IW and MW2.  I dont like the bad company story either, wish they would drop it and go back to the big battles from Battlefield 2.  I wish they would just say, fuck it, here is Battlefield 3 bitches. Do love the online names thing, thats pretty cool.  But even if it is a copy of the style of MW2's cover, it is one badass looking cover.  Seriously, it would be more badass if it didnt say badcompany 2 and just said battlefield 3. "
    As far as I can tell, the singleplayer story will be more serious. Some kind of Russian invasion of Alaska and South America. I bet they are after oil.

Most likely Haggard, Sweetwater, Sarge and Preston did give them Russian the reason to invade, with all their 'invading eastern european countries in chase of the legionnaire's gold' antics and will have to clean up their mess in part 2. Might be something completely else... The deverlopers have confirmed that the squad will be the protagonists of the singleplayer campaign though. Same characters, more serious setting and story. Haggard and Sweetwater will definitly be good for a laugh again (well - for those who like them, I guess).

It's called Battlefield Bad Company 2, because it's Bad Company brand gameplay. I don't know, where DICE will go with BF 3. My guess is, that it will be a PC exclusive and bring back the commander, playable jetplanes and the 64 player limit. It will be based on the Frostbite engine 2.0, which is fully optimized for DX 11. BF 3 is still pretty far off and myself personally prefer the somewhat streamlined design and gameplay of BF:BC. I especially love the goldrush mode, which is the perfect hybrid between the Battlefield-style sandbox experience (Conquest mode) and more directed, objectivebased gameplay.

Also, you are giving Modern Warfare too much credit. It hasn't done much other, than being a surprisingly huge commercial success. It's the Halo crowd, who made it that. I don't know, if the Halo crowd appreciates, what the BF franchise does - I sure as hell do. BF:BC 2 looks like it's a couple of steps ahead of all competitiors tech-wise (except probably Crytek with their Cryengine 3 - but we have yet to see an actual game based on that) and the looks, sound and feel of Frostbite might definitly have some commercial pull. I'd like to see BF:BC 2 get a lot more sales, than the first BF:BC.

Who knows, maybe BF:BC 2 will blow up big time and do similarly huge sales like MW 2. Modern Warfare was a phenomenon. Sales like that aren't something, that can be achieved - it's something that happens. I'd like to see that a lot.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By flaminghobo

That looks pretty sweet, but what's with the tags above the soliders heads? It puts a little dent in, what would otherwise be, flawless box art.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " That looks pretty sweet, but what's with the tags above the soliders heads? It puts a little dent in, what would otherwise be, flawless box art. "
    It is in reference to the heavy multiplayer focus that DICE is putting in this game.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hitchenson
    @Seppli: I'm very much in the 'Halo crowd' and I love BF.

But yeah, the cover looks kick ass for sure. But... it's kind of serious, isn't it? Have they ditched the whole 'humour' side of the original Bad Company then or what? 

EDIT: Just read that post of yours again Seppli. Clears up that question then.
    Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Brunchies

This is some nice boxart. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want my happy-face grenade back.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @Seppli: I'm very much in the 'Halo crowd' and I love BF.  But yeah, the cover looks kick ass for sure. But... it's kind of serious, isn't it? Have they ditched the whole 'humour' side of the original Bad Company then or what? "
    Well, it seems that they are going for a more serious story. But, DICE hasn't released any info in regards to the singleplayer story to confirm this.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Seppli
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @Seppli: I'm very much in the 'Halo crowd' and I love BF.  But yeah, the cover looks kick ass for sure. But... it's kind of serious, isn't it? Have they ditched the whole 'humour' side of the original Bad Company then or what? "
    The beans haven't been spilled yet. All we know is, that it's gonna be the same squad as in the first game. I don't think Haggard, Sweetwater, Sarge and Perston will ever be dead serious. My guess is, they'll keep the characters written the way they were, but the story will be more serious. Kinda like the movie '3 Kings' mixed with 'Black Hawk Down'.

GvD and Demize99 have twittered about an epic reveal this week. Might be the singleplayer trailer. There is still so much to show off.

• singleplayer
    • 2 squad based multiplayer modes
    • tons of perks, gadgets and weapons
    • maps
    • co-op
    • etc.

I bet it's gonna be the singleplayer trailer. EA has a big event in London this Thursday. Whatever they will show off, I'm sure it's gonna blow me away.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hitchenson
    @Seppli: You're like a regular little Dice PR, aren't you? Seriously though, the game looks awesome, can't wait.
    SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SammydesinasNL

HA HA! DIFFERENT TAGS ARE ABOVE DIFFERENT THINGS! (Bazajaytee is in a tank on the PS3 and in a chopper on 360) XD    
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seppli

@Hitchenson said:

" @Seppli: You're like a regular little Dice PR, aren't you? Seriously though, the game looks awesome, can't wait. "

I am admittedly a huge fan. DICE really won me over with the first game. 'Goldrush' really gave me exactly, what I've been missing from previous Battlefield games and I'm so thankful for it. Also, I love them for pushing the tech so hard on consoles. Not enough devs and publishers do that anymore. Taking pride in contributing to the progress of games. Look at Activision and Infinity Ward. Players will host Modern Warfare 2s matches. Good business for Activision. Less value for us players. Less possibilities for the devs to push their online multiplayer gameplay to the limit. Unthinkable for a Frostbite engine game. Only high-powered dedicated servers can handle the workload of fully interactive environments. Dedicated servers are expensive to run. Value I appreciate.

Since Crysis, very few games felt like progress to me. There's GTA 4 and Battlefield : Bad Company. I can't think of any other stand-out technological achivements in entertainment software engineering, other than these two. Maybe the procedural building destruction of Red Faction : Guerilla. But overall, it just didn't impress as much.
    ohmek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ohmek

HAHA, It's awesome how they added the tag names on top of the players.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Pibo47

I am legit pumped about this game now. Like....almost as much as ME2. And thats saying something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.