Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

PC Duderz - Describe Hardcore Mode Please

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Let's hear it...

Since neither the PS3 Beta nor the 360 Demo were/are playable with Hardcore settings, I'd love to hear first hand of your experiences and impressions.

Hardcore! Let's hear it.

• How are the damage levels?
    • Do non-headshots from sniper rifles kill a dude with full health (outside of the 15 feet onehit killrange)?
    • Do all headshots onehit kill?
    • How's spotting working without minimap?
    • etc.

Thanks in advance.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By sjschmidt93

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By adziboy

Fucking class, cheers for the vid. Didn't watch it all but 2 kills with less than a full pistol clip is good enough for me. He missed some shots yet still killed them both quite easily. 

Also, this confirms the sound quality. Excellent.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By thatfrood

Dude, that looks fucking awesome.
    Wow.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JoelTGM

I just got thrown into a hardcore game by the quickmatch.  I didn't see a minimap, tried asking where it was but my message never showed up.  Is chat disabled?  I died by some random gunfire and quit.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrKlorox

Am I completely missing the option for hardcore mode? I don't see it anywhere.

I'm fully prepared to look like an idiot... just please point it out for me. Not the idiot part.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seppli
    @DOUBLESHOCK said:

" I just got thrown into a hardcore game by the quickmatch.  I didn't see a minimap, tried asking where it was but my message never showed up.  Is chat disabled?  I died by some random gunfire and quit. "

Without killercam there's no way of knowing if it was random gunfire or if it was actually inteded to kill specifically you.

I really wonder how the Hardcore settings feel, especially in regards to the sniper kit. Being it and getting killed by it.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By thatfrood
    @MrKlorox said:
    " Am I completely missing the option for hardcore mode? I don't see it anywhere.  I'm fully prepared to look like an idiot... just please point it out for me. Not the idiot part. "
    You have to join a server that says "hardcore" on it.
    VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By VanderSEXXX
    @SJSchmidt93 said:

"  

"
    WOW!!!! I really can't wait for this now!!! I WANT FEBRUARY TO END QUICKLY!!!! And the sounds are sooooo damn amazing!!! :p
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jmrwacko

@Seppli said:

"

• How are the damage levels?
    • Do non-headshots from sniper rifles kill a dude with full health (outside of the 15 feet onehit killrange)?
    • Do all headshots onehit kill?
    • How's spotting working without minimap?
    • etc.
       Thanks in advance.  "
    I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure the damage levels are doubled. You die in 3 or 4 hits to the torso from an assault rifle. Not in one shot like in CoD hardcore, but still pretty quickly. Also, if you're caught in any sort of blast, you're usually killed immediately. This makes explosives much more powerful, but since you have no crosshairs there isn't too much grenade/noobtube spam.

Snipers will kill in one hit to the torso.

I'm pretty sure all headshots are one-hit kills. Not positive, because I usually don't explicitly aim for heads.

The spotting doesn't work. You just have to rely on verbal queues. Enemies aren't highlighted and there's no minimap. I'm not sure if they are highlighted on the metamap, haven't checked.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jmrwacko
    @ThatFrood said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    " Am I completely missing the option for hardcore mode? I don't see it anywhere.  I'm fully prepared to look like an idiot... just please point it out for me. Not the idiot part. "
    You have to join a server that says "hardcore" on it. "
    Right now, you have to find a server that is titled hardcore mode. They'll add search filters to the retail version.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoelTGM
    @Seppli said:
    " @DOUBLESHOCK said:

" I just got thrown into a hardcore game by the quickmatch.  I didn't see a minimap, tried asking where it was but my message never showed up.  Is chat disabled?  I died by some random gunfire and quit. "

Without killercam there's no way of knowing if it was random gunfire or if it was actually inteded to kill specifically you.  I really wonder how the Hardcore settings feel, especially in regards to the sniper kit. Being it and getting killed by it. "
    It's not the call of duty killcam, it won't show what happened and if it was random or not, like if it was a random grenade launcher kill.  I'm pretty sure it was random in my case though.  A tank was firing at some of my team mates, and a small building that I was behind blew up, and some gunfire came through the smoke and killed me.  Maybe it was the gunfire from an APC or whatever you call them, I don't know but it hurt.  I didn't manage to kill anyone before then, but that video posted above makes it look fun.  I'll avoid playing it though because then there's no reason to play as a medic or something when people die instantly.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrKlorox
    @ThatFrood said:

" @MrKlorox said:

You have to join a server that says "hardcore" on it. "
    Thanks! So I couldn't find the option because there wasn't one! I will do that next time I play.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vitor

@DOUBLESHOCK said:

" @Seppli said:
    " @DOUBLESHOCK said:

Without killercam there's no way of knowing if it was random gunfire or if it was actually inteded to kill specifically you.  I really wonder how the Hardcore settings feel, especially in regards to the sniper kit. Being it and getting killed by it. "
    It's not the call of duty killcam, it won't show what happened and if it was random or not, like if it was a random grenade launcher kill.  I'm pretty sure it was random in my case though.  A tank was firing at some of my team mates, and a small building that I was behind blew up, and some gunfire came through the smoke and killed me.  Maybe it was the gunfire from an APC or whatever you call them, I don't know but it hurt.  I didn't manage to kill anyone before then, but that video posted above makes it look fun.  I'll avoid playing it though because then there's no reason to play as a medic or something when people die instantly. "

Surely medics are even more useful - if you go down quicker, you need those paddles. Sure, the med packs are basically nerfed but they still have their uses and the massive clip on their light machine guns will rack up the kills if used well due to increased damage per shot.

How's the damage like for vehicles? Do they take less or just dish out more? Because if explosions have increased in potency, a decent tank driver could really mop up.

Other than that slight fear, I'm loving the look of this

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrKlorox

I'll try later, but are weapons stronger or are people weaker? Meaning, does it take half as many C4 to destroy a crate? In standard mode in the PC beta it's six to blow a crate.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422

I have yet to find a hardcore game, I'm gonna have to specifically look for one sometime.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FrankCanada97

That video is awesome, can't wait.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187

MY GOD, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME! 

Good thing I've got 6 beta keys for the PC up here at work.  I'll be playing that in a day or two.  = D

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JoelTGM
    @MrKlorox said:
    " I'll try later, but are weapons stronger or are people weaker? Meaning, does it take half as many C4 to destroy a crate? In standard mode in the PC beta it's six to blow a crate. "
    no it's 5 for a crate.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Snail
    @jakob187 said:
    " MY GOD, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!  Good thing I've got 6 beta keys for the PC up here at work.  I'll be playing that in a day or two.  = D "
    Don't want to find a place in your heart to share some of those? Pwease?
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrKlorox
    @DOUBLESHOCK said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    " I'll try later, but are weapons stronger or are people weaker? Meaning, does it take half as many C4 to destroy a crate? In standard mode in the PC beta it's six to blow a crate. "
    no it's 5 for a crate. "
    Do you mean just for regular mode, or also for hardcore mode too?
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JoelTGM
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @DOUBLESHOCK said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    no it's 5 for a crate. "
    Do you mean just for regular mode, or also for hardcore mode too? "
    Regular mode.  That's what I heard anyway, I don't play recon so I don't know for sure.  It's whatever the max number of C4 you can carry is.  I don't know if it takes less in hardcore mode.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrKlorox
    @DOUBLESHOCK said:

" @MrKlorox said:

" @DOUBLESHOCK said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    no it's 5 for a crate. "
    Do you mean just for regular mode, or also for hardcore mode too? "
    Regular mode.  That's what I heard anyway, I don't play recon so I don't know for sure.  It's whatever the max number of C4 you can carry is.  I don't know if it takes less in hardcore mode. "
    Oh I see. The regular max is three C4. If using the expanded explosives inventory spec, then you can carry six total. I've blown up some crates with five, but I always assumed it was damaged a little bit first. And I think you can carry C4 in any class if you carry a shotgun or the Thompson.

I use the Assault class for my C4 crate bashing because they have the ammo box.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JoelTGM
    @MrKlorox:   Oh I didn't know you get them when you use a shotgun.  If the max you can carry is 6, then maybe it actually takes 6 to destroy.  I don't have a clue anymore.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jmrwacko

Here's some videos I took of hardcore mode for all the console folks:

APC Combat:

Infantry Combat:

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrKlorox

I still haven't checked it out. None of the servers with Hardcore in the title had more than 8 players any of the times I've looked for games. And it seems like it would be lame with so few folks.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jmrwacko
    @MrKlorox said:
    " I still haven't checked it out. None of the servers with Hardcore in the title had more than 8 players any of the times I've looked for games. And it seems like it would be lame with so few folks. "
    Try the Hyperia Chicago beta servers. There's at least three up at once with near player cap. They're pretty good.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Seppli

So? How do you like 'realism mode'? Do you like it more or less than regular mode?

Quite envious. I really want to try it out for myself.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Seppli

*bump*

Anybody got updated impressions of 'Realism mode' to share?

Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

so refreshing to watch a video of pc gameplay with quick, natural aiming

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pause422
    @Seppli said:
    " *bump*  Anybody got updated impressions of 'Realism mode' to share? "
    Guessing thats just another name for hardcore? Realism mode? I still have yet to even get in a hardcore server :\
    shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shikon

a few things i don't lie about hardcore mode are based on the tanks.

inside the tank you have no idea how much more health you have but everyone outside the tank can see your HP bar.
    and you have no idea how many passengers you got but of coarse people outside can see it for some reason =p.
    i think this info should be displayed in the tank .

other then that hardcore isn't for me 1 shot kill snipers are just meh in online video games. 
    in normal mode there are already to  many sniper. in hardcore there are even  more.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @ThatFrood said:
    " Dude, that looks fucking awesome. Wow. "
    It totally is.  I played 2 hrs of hardcore yesterday and it really separates the men (people who know the fuck they're doing) from the boys (camping backstabing fucks and the lost).  A sniper will often kill you instantly if you're dumb enough to get in his crosshairs.
    Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

offtopic bragging: 

i killed someone with a smoke grenade from far away. Scorched earth and that banana throwing gorilla game taught me well

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.