Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

The DICE have fallen! Best Sex Ever! Watch! Bow to the King!

• 74 results
    Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mooshu
    @MrKlorox said:

"   @Mooshu said:

" Right, whatever.  Wake me up when Battlefield 3 is announced, or at least a Battlefield game that allows for more than 32 players... or whatever the hell BC2 is touting as its player limit these days. "

Try again dude. BC2 is coming out on PC and will likely have up to 48 players. BF3 still is a long way off... Holiday 2011 at absolute earliest.

48 Players does not equal 64 players. If a battlefield title cant support at least 64 players, then to me it really isn't a battlefield title.

And I could give two shits about it coming on the PC.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By MrKlorox
    @SammydesinasNL: I think much of the classic BF gameplay was left out of BC because they were trying find out what elements were and weren't necessary for console gamers to have a fun BF experience. It was kindof a chance to reboot the series for a new audience.

Much like how GTA4 has so much less to do than GTASA, but what it does right, it does better than before.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Mooshu: Sigh. You said more than 32 players, not equal to 64. Also do you really, seriously not see why I mentioned the PC in response to your playerlimit notation?
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By FrankCanada97

Can't wait for this one, as for the player count, I don't really give a rat's ass if its still 24 players. In the first game it felt like there were more players. If the 24 player count can give an illusion and atmosphere of having a large battle, that's all that really matters. Plus with 64 players, it gets kind of disorganized.

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Mooshu
    @MrKlorox said:

" @Mooshu: Sigh. You said more than 32 players, not equal to 64. Also do you really, seriously not see why I mentioned the PC in response to your playerlimit notation? "

I said 32 players " or whatever the hell BC2 is touting as its player limit these days. " Which would imply a margin of error, or the fact I didn't remember for certain what the player limit was. Hurf Durf.

And I see where you're coming from with the PC version, but that would imply that server owners will have the ability to set the player limits higher if they chose. The problem is, they need to choose to allow a higher player cap, for one. And second, the maps will still be designed with 48 players in mind, thus making the ability for more players moot.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56  Edited By Seppli
    @MrKlorox said:
    " That almost looks like one of those pre-rendered promo videos except done in a much less transparent way. I'll have to watch it a few more times. If that IS actual real-time game gameplay, then I don't know what to say. I didn't think I could get any more excited for a Battlefield game than I am for BC2.  The destruction in Battlefield is anything but a gimmick. It keeps you thinking on your toes as camping is rarely ever an option. "
    QFT
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Mooshu said:

" And second, the maps will still be designed with 48 players in mind, thus making the ability for more players moot. "

@FrankCanada97 said:

" In the first game it felt like there were more players. If the 24 player count can give an illusion and atmosphere of having a large battle, that's all that really matters. Plus with 64 players, it gets kind of disorganized. "

This. Well actually, the maps are about the same size, but the out-of-bounds borders are proportionately scaled to the new smaller playerlimit. Sure, in BC the GoldRush levels could have been filled up with 64 players in conquest mode if they kept the original GR-mode borders, but even if they did that the consoles would have trouble keeping all the action smooth with the limited RAM they both have. This is why they're giving the option for up to 32 players in BF1943 PC, since the hardware can handle more than 24, but the actual maps can't handle the action of more than 32. Since they're islands and not open land, increasing the borders wouldn't have made any difference.

BC2 hasn't shown any island maps yet.
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Druminator

Ever notice how someone will post something like this in the forums and then GB puts it on the front page leaving the original to die...

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Mooshu
    @MrKlorox said:

" @Mooshu said:

" And second, the maps will still be designed with 48 players in mind, thus making the ability for more players moot. "

@FrankCanada97 said:

" In the first game it felt like there were more players. If the 24 player count can give an illusion and atmosphere of having a large battle, that's all that really matters. Plus with 64 players, it gets kind of disorganized. "

This. Well actually, the maps are about the same size, but the out-of-bounds borders are proportionately scaled to the new smaller playerlimit. Sure, in BC the GoldRush levels could have been filled up with 64 players in conquest mode if they kept the original GR-mode borders, but even if they did that the consoles would have trouble keeping all the action smooth with the limited RAM they both have. This is why they're giving the option for up to 32 players in BF1943 PC, since the hardware can handle more than 24, but the actual maps can't handle the action of more than 32. Since they're islands and not open land, increasing the borders wouldn't have made any difference.  BC2 hasn't shown any island maps yet. "
    Not really sure if you've ever played a little game called Battlefield 1942... but that game handled Island maps just fine.

Granted, the maps are noticeably smaller in 1943 than they are in 42, but I don't see how they can't increase their size to allow for the old 64 player limit.... Seeing how they delayed the PC version... TWICE.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Mooshu said:
    Granted, the maps are noticeably smaller in 1943 than they are in 42, but I don't see how they can't increase their size to allow for the old 64 player limit.... Seeing how they delayed the PC version... TWICE. "
    Noticeably is a bit of an understatement. 64 players in 1943 maps is like putting 170+ players in 1942 maps.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#61  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Looks pretty good.  I liked what I played of BF1943, but not enough to get a full game.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Seppli
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @ErgoProxy77 said:
    " I think it will be a great game, but I don't think it will blow Modern Warfare 2 out of the water.   "
    Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Mooshu
    @MrKlorox said:
    Noticeably is a bit of an understatement. 64 players in 1943 maps is like putting 170+ players in 1942 maps. "

Thats a bit of an overstatement really. I've played on those maps for hours on end, and while the 1943 maps ARE smaller, they aren't THAT small.
    bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By bjorno

meh

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Seppli

The *meh* can't stand. Bollocks! Between this and anything else out there - Battlefield : Bad Company 2 will reign as King!

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Looks pretty.  Plays like CoD.  Might have to rent the first 1 now.  Could always use more MW, even if its just a copycat game. 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Al3xand3r

It looks like a proper Battlefield game, so, that's good. I think the best part of it was the sounds, much more convincing and atmospheric feel than say, Battlefield 2. The visuals weren't more improved than you'd expect from a game coming years later after BF2, but nice particle effects. Maybe the PC version will be spiced up further.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#69  Edited By big_jon
    @PeasForFees said:
    "First one was bad really bad, so I will hold my judgement "

You're an idiot don't make ignorant comments the first one was great.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By pause422
    @big_jon said:
    " @PeasForFees said:
    "First one was bad really bad, so I will hold my judgement "
    You're an idiot don't make ignorant comments the first one was great. "
    Hes an idiot because he doesnt agree with you. Get over yourself.
    MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#71  Edited By MikeFightNight

What really makes the whole thing come together is the sound design.  Hearing the guys your rolling with spout shit with missles and bullets whizzing by. 

Looks damn good.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#72  Edited By AgentJ

I'll play a normal battlefield game, but this isn't for me. 

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Whoa man, no need to pop a woody. Game looks good.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#74  Edited By big_jon

If the graphics look this good on the 360 it is the best looking 360 game Ive seen yet. I hope they improve the tank handling further in this, it is my favorite part of bad company 1 for sure. I wish this game was getting more coverage i don't quite understand why it is that IGN and other sites will put up a front page article every time COD MW 2 so much as farts. This games quality simply looks amazing, at least to me that is and i cannot understand the hype around MW2 versus this. This and Halo Reach i see owning 2010 for me.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ShaneDev

This game looks very good i loved the first game and this seems to be a great improvement  

The idea that all PC Battlefield players hate Bad Company is entirely false. 

Also 2142 was an excellent game. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.