Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jun 23, 2008

The venerable Battlefield franchise returns for its second console-only outing, this time with a fleshed out single player campaign and a new multiplayer game mode, Gold Rush.

Okay . . . I seriously underestimated this game.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

So, I've been having Xbox issues lately (as can be seen here. Also, found out today first hand the wonders of their customer support), so I haven't been playing it at all. Well, this game came in the mail from GameFly, so I figured I should give it a go, despite the damn disc tray.

Holy. Shit. This game outclasses every shooter . . . no . . . every GAME I've played on the system, except Rock Band. Bioshock, Gears of War, Halo, all of it. Garbage. Once you sneak behind enemy lines in an online match, blow a hole in the back of the building with an RPG, sneak in, plant the charge, and blow their asses away while they're all dumbfounded by what is happening, you just can't go back to indestructible environments. You just can't.

This game should have won GOTY last year, above GTA4, MGS4, and whoever else may have won. It's easily the best use of the upgraded power on the HD consoles, and should become the standard for shooting games.

Seriously. There's no going back.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

I was going to buy it . Is it still active ?

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By angelkanarias

This game is pretty awesome, but from that to saying it is the best shooter ever.... I don't think so. The online isn't the best of it, it has many problems. And the story is cool, but nothing compared to MGS4. You are basing all of its awesomeness on the destructible enviorments.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

I found the game to be very buggy, and be a toned down version of BF2.  The story mode was something to do I guess.  I beat it on the hardest mode, and the trophies don't stack so thanks a lot, talk about frustrating.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Yeah, it's active.

angelkanarias said:
    "This game is pretty awesome, but from that to saying it is the best shooter ever.... I don't think so. The online isn't the best of it, it has many problems. And the story is cool, but nothing compared to MGS4. You are basing all its awesomeness on the destructible enviorments."

I never said it's the best shooter. I said it's the best on the HD consoles. Unreal Tournament is the best shooter. And, really, what has been missing from shooters all this time? It isn't gore, or cool guns. It's being able to FUCK UP YOUR ENVIRONMENT WITH EM. The destructible environments change everything, and make you throw out all your developed gaming logic. You can't just defend an entryway and expect to win.

Destructible environments are all that has been missing for me.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Pazy

I could never give this game GOTY, I felt it had way too many problems. The guns felt inneffective, I dont like shooting entire clips into people for them to run away, and the destructable enviroments made me feel weak as infantry. I would try to defend a point but they would just roll in with vehicles and destroy all my cover and usually me in the process. I quickly went back to shootings without destructable enviroments because I feel that developers can construct better maps for battling, even if that makes then less realisitc, and doing so gives me more fun. So for me Bad Company is fun but not amazing.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By End_Boss

Is the game good? Yes. Is it great? I would venture to say maybe.

But it gets boring. You'll see.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I love this game too....but GOTY?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    "I love this game too....but GOTY?"
    Why is that such an elusive thing to people? Most sites gave GOTY to a game with a framerate of 15, that has been proven to fuck up your console if you play it too much.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64

I'm going to get this game sometime this summer.  Maybe next month or so.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By FireBurger
    @turbomonkey138: Yes, people still play it a lot.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus

This game earned my affection at "You smell very clean-"

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

A LOT of people have seriously underestimated this game...namely the "BF hardcore crowd".  Many people refuse to understand that this game is NOT the PC game, that it is an entirely different beast on its own.  Unfortunately, they won't see past that.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I love this game. I still play it for countless hours with my friend on the PS3. Many people still play, just don't look for a match at 2 in the morning and you're fine. 

This game is seriously overlooked. The story isn't amazing, and the graphics aren't the best ever, but playing gold rush online is a blast. There's more strategy involved here than there is for a game like COD:WaW. I have had more fun with this game than ANY other shooter this generation. I absolutely LOVE where DICE is taking the Battlefield franchise. The hardcore Battlefield vets just don't understand...

I'm actually more excited for Battlefield 1943 than I am for Halo: ODST, MAG, and any other shooter on the horizon! (Except for Battlefield: Bad Company 2)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.