Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 20, 2014

The sequel to the critically-acclaimed action brawler Bayonetta, this time with a two-player online co-op mode and exclusive to the Nintendo Wii U.

Will you be buying a Wii U for Bayonetta 2?

• 132 results
    snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will you be buying a Wii U for Bayonetta 2? (317 votes)

Yes! 50%
    No way. 36%
    I'd rather buy a PS4 13%

It's only one game but the pain.... ugh the original bayonetta was such a phenomenal game and it pains me this is exclusive, don't want to miss out on this. Doesn't help that bloodborne is coming right around the corner....

• 
    BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never buy a system for one game.

but in saying that if you like nintendo games the wii u will (or eventually will) be worth the money over its lifecycle.

mario 3d world and mario kart are great fun

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a Wii U last week despite thinking I'd never get one. Bayoneta was a factor in the decision but i've been enjoying the few games I've bought and there a number on my list that I'm still planning to buy.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was one of the reasons why I bought one, but not THE reason.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It pains me that it's an exclusive but only because of the no achievements thing. I normally could care less about achievements but Bayonetta is the type of game where achievements are actually fun.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

No. I really love those types of games, but I honestly didn't think Bayonetta was at the absolute top. It's just that game on Wii U so far. I would if I had a ton of money, but I don't so I can't justify it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

So the only options are to buy a Wii U or not, or get a PS4. I don't think this is so much a poll as a "tell me what to buy" topic.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
    deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

This was one of the reasons why I bought one, but not THE reason.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yep. It probably won't be this year since I'm low on money at the moment, but the first Bayonetta is in my top five games of the past ten years, so I feel obligated to get the system sooner or later. And I'm sure there will be a ton of great games for the system down the line, so I don't feel strange spending a decent amount of money on a system for just one game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Not the reason why I bought mine but it's definitely one of my most anticipated games. The original was one of my favourites from last generation.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The internal struggle I'm having over this right now is real. I probably won't be crazy though and just buy Bayonetta 2 and borrow my cousin's Wii U.

wutaiSTYLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the Wii U just for this game two years ago.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I already did. I'm playing other exclusives on it, but if Bayonetta 2 weren't coming out this year I would've waited until...I dunno, Zelda or something. I would've bought one eventually anyway, but Bayonetta pushed up the date for me.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it'll just be in 4 or 5 years I imagine.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping to borrow a friends Wii-U to play this but otherwise I will probably be buying one in the near future just for this.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Already did. Not just for Bayonetta 2, but mainly that and wonderful 101.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they're super cheap maybe. Like super super cheap.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I would never buy a console of any make just for one game.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yup, got mine 2 weeks ago. Warming up by playing some Wonderful 101.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Getz

I would love to play Bayonetta 2, but shelling out for a Wii U just doesn't make sense. Maybe in a few years when the price drops and there are more games out for it.

Oddly enough, I mostly just want to play Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, as it's on the virtual console and is otherwise kind of expensive to get a hard copy of.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was already thinking about getting a Wii U sometime in the near future, maybe like January or February. But seeing the Bayonetta 2 reviews has solidified my decision to get one.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Sort of? I knew I was going to want Bayo2 so we ended up buying one of the MK8 bundles when my Beyoncé was in a spendy mood.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By ProfessorEss

Not a chance. And nobody I know who owns a Wii U seems interesting in picking up a copy of Bayonetta 2 either. I feel like the market for this game is so narrow that Platinum may have been better off Kickstarting it.

I'm not the biggest Bayonetta fan (something about the sum of the parts and my tastes) but I really respect what Platinum brings to the table every time (primarily game-chops for days). I hope this gets the support it needs, or that Nintendo eats the loss because despite the fact that none of their games have hit my personal sweet spot, they are so close every time that I can't help but wait to see what's next.

Also, I've still never played Vanquish... I don't know why and I know I should.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Currently there are around 3-5 games on the Wii U that I'd like to play. But that isn't enough to get me to buy the system. Maybe by the first price cut. Which considering how the systems have been selling wouldn't be a bad idea sooner than later.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John1912

I really want this game, but there is no way Im buying a Wii U for it. Nintendo 3rd party games are usually awful, or completely lacking. Nintendo itself hasnt done the best job with their exclusives in a long time, IMO at least. First party games are also lacking.

After GC I just dont want to own a Nintendo console. Id buy Zelda or Metroid, Pikman games but I really dont have any interest in Mario games, esp non RPG/Adventure style ones. I could be interested in Mario kart, but I dont see that keeping my interest past a week. I really wish Nintendo would just go 3rd party for consoles.

I would not be surprised/expect to see a updated version go to the other consoles down the road. Much like how Ninja Gaiden Sigma came to PS3.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@professoress: There are a lot of Wii U owners on these forums alone that intend to buy it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#26 fisk0  Moderator

As others have said, not for one single game, but the Wii U has had the most interesting releases this year, so out of the current gen consoles, it's certainly the one I'm leaning the most towards, other than maybe the PS4 for all the PS+ games I already have for it.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is it coming out on the Wii-U when the first Bayonetta came out for the PS3????????

Damn you Nintendo. I like your handhelds but you really did it this time.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@professoress: There are a lot of Wii U owners on these forums alone that intend to buy it.

I would love to see the total number of Giant Bomb users planning to buy this game and how it could be applied to a worldwide sales prediction.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professoress: Compared to the anecdotal survey of people you know?

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Absolutely...Not! I was planning on picking up the first game before playing the second one, but once I heard that it became an exclusive I ditched the idea. I'm sure there were reasons why this game came out on the Wii U, but it still pisses me off.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: The first game was also ported to the Wii U and is packed with the second. You can also get both digitally.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ProfessorEss

@hailinel said:

@professoress: Compared to the anecdotal survey of people you know?

You misunderstand me.

I hope the numbers work out for Platinum. I think they are incredible developers. I hope to see the day that they make that games that's "just right for me". But I worry that Bayonetta 2 exclusively on Wii U is going to result in a financial loss.

Is that passive enough for you to except as constructive yet?

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought my Wii U on a whim but Bayonetta 2 was definitely a deciding factor.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I was pretty much indifferent to any next generation systems until they announced Bayonetta 2 was only for Wii U. So I made the core of my purchasing decision on just that, yes. However, since I bought my Wii U last year, I've bought and played several games. Its nice to actually legally own Earthbound, and MK8, 3D World, WindWaker HD, and The Wonderful 101 have all been nice games to justify my purchase.

The funny thing about saying "I'll never buy a console for just one game" is that you find yourself buying other games for that system that you might not have tried otherwise.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely...Not! I was planning on picking up the first game before playing the second one, but once I heard that it became an exclusive I ditched the idea. I'm sure there were reasons why this game came out on the Wii U, but it still pisses me off.

Then you're in the same position you would have been in if it weren't exclusive. If Nintendo didn't publish this game, word on the street is that, it wouldn't have been made at all.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I didn't trick my parents into getting the family a Wii U last year for Bayonetta, but I will admit it certainly helps justify it now!

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@theacidskull: The first game was also ported to the Wii U and is packed with the second. You can also get both digitally.

What pisses me off is that the game which was originally on multiple platforms became an exclusive. And I'm not buying a Wii U for a single( Or in this game, two games). The reason for this is that i'll probably never use the Wii U ever again.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I've had a Wii U since Day 1. Bayonetta 2 is just icing on the cake.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

Then you're in the same position you would have been in if it weren't exclusive. If Nintendo didn't publish this game, word on the street is that, it wouldn't have been made at all.

Again, despite my negative views of exclusive games, I'm sure there were reasons for what happened. Still, even though I love hack'n'slash games, I'm not interested in Bayonetta enough to justify buying a Wii U, since I'll probably let it rot and never touch it again.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hailinel

@theacidskull: The reason it's Wii U exclusive is because Nintendo was the only company willing to fund it. Sega didn't want it. Other companies Platinum approached didn't want it.

Let me reiterate. Without Nintendo, there would be no Bayonetta 2. That is why it is and will only ever be on Nintendo hardware. The fact that this enrages you is indicative of a problem with your attitude, not with the game's exclusivity. Please don't portray your rage as somehow justifiable. It's not.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

The one game that's come the closest to making me get a Wii U is Super Smash Bros. Still won't be getting one anytime soon as I've bought a 3DS and a PS4 already this year.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professoress: I apologize. Your original wording came off as sarcastic.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@theacidskull: The reason it's Wii U exclusive is because Nintendo was the only company willing to fund it. Sega didn't want it. Other companies Platinum approached didn't want it.

Let me reiterate. Without Nintendo, there would be no Bayonetta 2. That is why it is and will only ever be on Nintendo hardware. The fact that this enrages you is indicative of a problem with your attitude, not with the game's exclusuvity. Please don't portray your rage as somehow justifiable. It's not.

Where exactly did I say that my rage was justifiable? I said I disliked exclusive games in general, but right after that I stated that I'm sure that there was a reason why Bayonetta 2 was made exclusive. I don't know if my tome suggested that I was mad or something, but that's how I generally talk, so sorry for misleading you.

In any case, I have many other reasons why I won't buy a Wii U. I don't believe that a single game is worth it, there's not more to it. Bayonetta may be spectacular, but it just doesn't interest me to justify a huge purchase.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably buy one if there's some crazy sale that happens this black friday or holiday. Other then that I'd probably rather just save up for a ps4 / Xbone or upgrade parts for my pc.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to buy one soon anyway. The software lineup is there for it. Easily 8+ games i want to play on it now.

But yes, bayonetta has pushed me over the edge. Purchase confirmed.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

There should have been a poll option for "I already have a Wii U and am getting the game". That's where I fall. I was always curious about Bayonetta. I intended to get around to playing it (especially after 2 was announced as a Wii U exclusive). I was really excited when they announced that the original game is going to be included. My copy is already preordered.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Let me reiterate. Without Nintendo, there would be no Bayonetta 2. That is why it is and will only ever be on Nintendo hardware. The fact that this enrages you is indicative of a problem with your attitude, not with the game's exclusivity. Please don't portray your rage as somehow justifiable. It's not.

Exactly this. I hate that this game isn't coming out on other platforms but I love that this game was still willing to get made. I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan by any stretch these days but I'm glad this wasn't just another great game that couldn't secure funding for a sequel.

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes In fact Im 1 day away from getting it, its not the only game I got a WiiU but its the game that made me get now. So I´ll be enjoying Bayonetta 2 and all other great nitendo game that come out later.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

I bought a Wii U Day One for Bayonetta 2.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a Wii U, but Bayonetta 2 isn't the reason why. I may get it eventually, but it's not number 1 on my list.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.