Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Bayonetta @ TGS

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Ah man, Bayonetta : ). The more I think back on my playtime at PAX, the more sure I am that I want this game

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By asurastrike

I prefer to play this type of game on my PS3, so I lost interest when I found out they aren't even developing the PS3 version.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

How does that affect your decision? Would it be any different if they had to hire more PS3 programmers in their own team, than simply give it to a different team that already has those programmers?

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By asurastrike
    @Al3xand3r said:

" How does that affect your decision? Would it be any different if they had to hire more PS3 programmers in their own team, than simply give it to a different team that already has those programmers? "

The difference is the PS3 version is a much inferior product to the 360 version because they handed it off to Sega to develop it. On this weeks Bombcast Jeff mentions it.

Here's a quote from a Kotaku article

While the 360 version on display looked crisp and smooth, the PS3 version was very blurry and the frame rate was all over the place. During one portion of the demo, a crazy scene where you are jumping off of falling parts of a giant clock tower, it was often hard to keep track of the action because of the graphical issues on PS3.

http://kotaku.com/5350392/ps3-bayonetta-not-looking-so-good
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Except the game's not released yet? At least wait and see is what I'm saying. The PS3 version is a port, it's understandable it will be further behind in development. If the final product is lesser, then you have reason to complain. Now, you don't.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By asurastrike
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Except the game's not released yet? At least wait and see is what I'm saying. The PS3 version is a port, it's understandable it will be further behind in development. If the final product is lesser, then you have reason to complain. Now, you don't. "
    Dude why are you defending the game? All I said was that I lost interest when I heard that Platinum games wasn't developing it. I never complained about it.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

Lol.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By masternater27
    @Asurastrike said:
    "   I prefer to play this type of game on my PS3, so I lost interest when I found out they aren't even developing the PS3 version. "
    Why not just get it on the Xbox if you have both?
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By asurastrike
    @masternater27 said:

" @Asurastrike said:

"   I prefer to play this type of game on my PS3, so I lost interest when I found out they aren't even developing the PS3 version. "
    Why not just get it on the Xbox if you have both? "
    No reason really. I just prefer those types of game on the PS3.
    masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By masternater27
    @Asurastrike said:
    " @masternater27 said:

" @Asurastrike said:

No reason really. I just prefer those types of game on the PS3. "
    Sounds like you're just trying to get replies to your topic.
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By asurastrike
    @masternater27 said:
    " @Asurastrike said:
    " @masternater27 said:

" @Asurastrike said:

Sounds like you're just trying to get replies to your topic. "
    Check again, this isn't my topic.
    masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By masternater27
    @Asurastrike said:
    " @masternater27 said:
    " @Asurastrike said:
    " @masternater27 said:

" @Asurastrike said:

Check again, this isn't my topic. "
    Apologies.  Trying to start a flame war in this guy's topic.
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By asurastrike
    @masternater27 said:

" @Asurastrike said:

" @masternater27 said:
    " @Asurastrike said:
    " @masternater27 said:

" @Asurastrike said:

Check again, this isn't my topic. "
    Apologies.  Trying to start a flame war in this guy's topic. "
    I never intended to upset anyone's delicate sensibilities. If you read my original post all I said was that I had lost interest when I found out they weren't developing the PS3 version.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

And if you read my posts you'll merely find some common "wait and see" type of sense that tried to explain it's natural to have different teams porting a game and natural to have a port version further behind, and it's only the end result that matters. To which you had nothing to respond with and therefor went on about how I defend the game... And then I laughed. And then mastermater said you could get it for the 360. And then you said you don't want it for the 360.  And then, ah well, you can always re-read :-P

Also, posting in a thread about a game you don't care to say how and why you don't care about it even though you used to care about it isn't complaining? Right :-P

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By masternater27
    @Asurastrike: Well, if you're interested in the game I say play it on the 360 then, because there's no reason not to, except some irrational distaste for action games on 360.  Or don't.  I'll leave it at that.
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By asurastrike
    @Al3xand3r said:

" And if you read my posts you'll merely find some common "wait and see" type of sense, to which you had nothing to respond with and therefor went on about how I defend the game... And then I laughed. And then mastermater said you could get it for the 360. And then. Ah well, you know what I mean. "

@masternater27 said:

" @Asurastrike: Well, if you're interested in the game I say play it on the 360 then, because there's no reason not to, except some irrational distaste for action games on 360.  Or don't.  I'll leave it at that. "

You are right man, I'm wrong.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks

Just because it's being made by Sega doesn't mean it will be inferior version / Sega will no doubt have had free roam on all the technology being used, in addition, they will more than likely have ample consultation with PG during every stage of the games development.  

PlatinumGames will not let the PS3 game release while being notably inferior, they will be quality testing their own game before release. SEGA are in no position to release an inferior version of a game if PG are unhappy with it.  

The Sony build shown to derision was a much earlier build to the 360 version, unfortunately that fact bares little interest to fan-boy idiots.  The fact is the 360 version will look slightly better what with it being the lead platform. However, the nature of the colour palette this game uses may well suit the PS3 better.  

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By asurastrike
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Just because it being made by Sega doesn't mean it will be inferior version / Sega will no doubt have had free roam on all the technology being used, in addition, they will more than likely have ample consultation with PG during every stage of the games development.   PlatinumGames will not let the PS3 game release while being notably inferior, they will be quality testing their own game before release. SEGA are in no position to release an inferior version of a game if PG are unhappy with it.   The Sony build shown to derision was a much earlier build to the 360 version, unfortunately that fact bares little interest to fan-boy idiots.  The fact is the 360 version will look slightly better what with it being the lead platform. However, the nature of the colour palette this game uses may well suit the PS3 better.  "
    Just like I don't know that the final product will be inferior, you have no proof that it won't. So I guess both of us will have to wait and see.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Linkyshinks

@Asurastrike said:

" @Linkyshinks said:
    " Just because it being made by Sega doesn't mean it will be inferior version / Sega will no doubt have had free roam on all the technology being used, in addition, they will more than likely have ample consultation with PG during every stage of the games development.   PlatinumGames will not let the PS3 game release while being notably inferior, they will be quality testing their own game before release. SEGA are in no position to release an inferior version of a game if PG are unhappy with it.   The Sony build shown to derision was a much earlier build to the 360 version, unfortunately that fact bares little interest to fan-boy idiots.  The fact is the 360 version will look slightly better what with it being the lead platform. However, the nature of the colour palette this game uses may well suit the PS3 better.  "
    Just like I don't know that the final product will be inferior, you have no proof that it won't. So I guess both of us will have to wait and see. "

Kamiya-san's previous games on Sony platforms is all the assurance I need. But as well as that, I know Sega will not want to let down PG after the issues with PGs first game - MadWorld. This is make or break time for PG, this game has to deliver and that means Sega have to also, both with the PS3 version and the worldwide promotion of the game.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By Icemael

That was a damn good trailer. I wonder when the demo is coming... can't fucking wait.

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#22  Edited By Ping5000

And I have popcorn.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By asurastrike
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "  @Asurastrike said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    Just like I don't know that the final product will be inferior, you have no proof that it won't. So I guess both of us will have to wait and see. "
     Kamiya-san's previous games on Sony platforms is all the assurance I need. But as well as that, I know Sega will not want to let down PG after the issues with PGs first game - MadWorld. This is make or break time for PG, this game has to deliver and that means Sega have to also, both with the PS3 version and the worldwide promotion of the game. "
    I hope you are right, but the game comes out in Japan on October 29th (35 days from now), and since certification takes a couple weeks, if not a full month, I would think the game would be near complete by now.
    Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By killer_meatballs

This game looks insane!  Can't wait to get  it.  Looks epic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.