Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of people bitching that..

• 145 results
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By K0rN

Bioshock doesn't need a sequel? I mean they don't know if it is good or bad so until you actually play it then STFU. Some of us like me are actually looking foward to BS2 and plan on getting it day 1 and we don't need you people going around acting like you can judge everything without even knowing so like I said WAIT until it's released before you judge it! 

That my friends is a rant.
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

Nope

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

No, because they (I should say we) are right.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1

i am not. in fact, i barely see it tbh 

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By K0rN
    @natetodamax said:
    "No, because they (I should say we) are right. "

You are a prime example of what I am talking about.
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By VWGTI

I haven't heard anyone bitch about there being a sequel to Bioshock. At first it was like...whaaaa? But whatever, if it's a good game it's a good game. The only thing I've heard people bitch about was the inclusion of multiplayer. I back that complaint 100% though.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By breadfan
    @K0rN said:
    @natetodamax said:
    Your point? 
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Rowr
    I dont need a sequel. Not when its made by a different group of people and cobbled together to make money off the name of the first. It will likely be an entirely different game to the first and one i have no interest in.

You cant tell me where my interests should lie.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By thatfrood
    @K0rN said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    "No, because they (I should say we) are right. "
    You are a prime example of what I am talking about. "
    Oh snap, Nate. YOU are the problem.

Hey Korn, I'm kind of sick about hearing about the game, period. How about we all just agree not to make threads about it until it comes out?
    BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BionicMonster

sequels can dilute a franchise , but if they can maintain the quality of the original then it should be welcomed.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andorski

MY OPINION MUST BE HEARD!  NAY!!  YAY?!

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By K0rN
    @Br3adfan said:
    " @K0rN said:
    @natetodamax said:
    Your point?  "

My point is that I am tired of dumbasses coming in and shitting all over the anticipation of what appears to be a great sequel before ever even playing it.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rowr
    @K0rN said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @K0rN said:
    @natetodamax said:
    Your point?  "
    My point is that I am tired of dumbasses coming in and shitting all over the anticipation of what appears to be a great sequel before ever even playing it. "
    I'm tired of dumbasses coming in and defending games that appear to be shitty sequels before even playing it.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By natetodamax
    @K0rN said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @K0rN said:
    @natetodamax said:
    Your point?  "
    My point is that I am tired of dumbasses coming in and shitting all over the anticipation of what appears to be a great sequel before ever even playing it. "
    I'm not "shitting all over" it. I'm just saying that a sequel wasn't needed. I wasn't questioning the content or quality of the game.
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By grilledcheez
    @K0rN: I agree with you entirely.  Give the game a chance.  It's hard to imagine the story having the same kind of twists or impact though.
    kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kermoosh

certain games deserve a sequal and some don't

bioshock did not need one but it should still be very good

Left 4 Dead 2 was completely unnecessary, its been a few months and i still yet to complain

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By K0rN
    @Rowr said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @K0rN said:
    @natetodamax said:
    Your point?  "
    I'm tired of dumbasses coming in and defending games that appear to be shitty sequels before even playing it. "

So what your saying is "It's OK to bash a game without actually playing it"? Wow.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By SeriouslyNow

No. I get sick and tired of hearing about the completely cash grab, fucking unwanted and fiction breaking sequel to the game that was meant to be spiritual successor to System Shock 2 but was nowhere near as good in any way except for graphics.

Bioshock, how do I hate thee?  Let me count the ways YOU FUCKING TURD.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Snipzor

Clearly you don't understand the point that is being made, the story is finished, there is no logical way that they can add to the story after the first game. The only way they can expand the story is to have an "oops, we forgot about these people", which isn't good storytelling. It doesn't have to do with the gameplay. 

People bitching about the existence of the game are in reality complaining that the story is over and can in no way continue from the first game. Unless they pull some deus ex machina crap, but as I mentioned earlier, that's stupid.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20  Edited By wefwefasdf

I don't think BioShock needed a sequel. It will probably be a pretty good game even if it wasn't needed.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By K0rN
    @Snipzor said:
    "Clearly you don't understand the point that is being made, the story is finished, there is no logical way that they can add to the story after the first game. The only way they can expand the story is to have an "oops, we forgot about these people", which isn't good storytelling. It doesn't have to do with the gameplay.  People bitching about the existence of the game are in reality complaining that the story is over and can in no way continue from the first game. Unless they pull some deus ex machina crap, but as I mentioned earlier, that's stupid. "

Have you even seen/read what the details are for the plot of BS2? Looks interesting to me.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Apparently BioShock 2 uses the same engine, and as a result it appears to be kind of dated. That concerns me a bit.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rowr
    @K0rN said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @K0rN said:
    @natetodamax said:
    Your point?  "
    I'm tired of dumbasses coming in and defending games that appear to be shitty sequels before even playing it. "
    So what your saying is "It's OK to bash a game without actually playing it"? Wow. "
    Of course it is retard. It's as easy to do as wholey defending them without playing them.
    Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, then again i don't care about the game itself so.....yea.....Get over it

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By K0rN
    @Rowr said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @K0rN said:
    @natetodamax said:
    Your point?  "
    So what your saying is "It's OK to bash a game without actually playing it"? Wow. "
    Of course it is retard. It's as easy to do as wholey defending them without playing them. "

It's a bit different, it's like saying it's OK to judge someone before ever even knowing them. You wouldn't like that? Would you?
    fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fripplebubby
    @K0rN: I hear ya, bro. I don't care what people think, after I beat Bioshock, all I really wanted was MORE BIOSHOCK. I don't give a fuck if it "deserves a sequel" or not, Bioshock was a great game, and great games get sequels. About the multiplayer, i'm glad it's in there. If you don't want it, don't play it. But it sounds pretty neat with all the Plasmids combined with weapons...
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Skald
    @natetodamax said:
    " No, because [we] are right. "
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rowr
    @K0rN said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @K0rN said:
    @natetodamax said:
    Your point?  "
    Of course it is retard. It's as easy to do as wholey defending them without playing them. "
    It's a bit different, it's like saying it's OK to judge someone before ever even knowing them. You wouldn't like that? Would you? "
    This is a dumb argument. I'm not going to waste my time trying to tell you your doing exactly the same thing.

I think people are a little annoyed for the fact a sequel is not justified story wise and it appears to have been turned into a stereotypical second rate shooter riding on the coat tails of the setting of the first.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By thatfrood
    @K0rN said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @K0rN said:
    @natetodamax said:
    Your point?  "
    It's a bit different, it's like saying it's OK to judge someone before ever even knowing them. You wouldn't like that? Would you? "
    Hey Kornman. The publishers of the game have released information about it. And gameplay footage. And trailers. I think we've got enough to form something of an opinion.
    Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sabata
    @K0rN said:
    " Bioshock 2 doesn't need a sequel?  "
    No, I'd say they're right!  I mean, the game's not even out yet, why would it already need a sequel?
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Snipzor
    @K0rN said:
    " @Snipzor said:
    "Clearly you don't understand the point that is being made, the story is finished, there is no logical way that they can add to the story after the first game. The only way they can expand the story is to have an "oops, we forgot about these people", which isn't good storytelling. It doesn't have to do with the gameplay.  People bitching about the existence of the game are in reality complaining that the story is over and can in no way continue from the first game. Unless they pull some deus ex machina crap, but as I mentioned earlier, that's stupid. "
    Have you even seen/read what the details are for the plot of BS2? Looks interesting to me. "
    Yes, yes I have, and the addition to the first game was completely unnecessary. As I said, it's practically someone coming out of nowhere, to continue running Rapture. There are very little additions to the city's history, and because the city was already going to hell after you left, a 10 year history of what happened since then can't possibly be as awesome as the first.
    Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#32  Edited By Atlas

I'm extremely torn on this issue. At first I was siding with the naysayers - it's easy to question the addition of multiplayer, some of the storyline strangeness, the pandering aspect of playing as a Big Daddy. Something just generally seemed a bit off, a little forced maybe. But in truth, I'm starting to think we should give the game the benefit of the doubt.

2K Marin has no track record to speak of, which means giving them an established franchise as a first assignment is surely a massive headache. This game does have a lot going against it, but let's not forget just how special of a game BioShock was. It was mindblowing, on so many levels. So we need to accept that this game is highly unlikely to reach those lofty expectations. It could be really good, but it will do so on its own merits. It looks and sounds like BioShock - which has to be a good thing, right? - and so long as 2K Marin learnt the lessons that needed to be learnt about what made BioShock so awesome, they should do fine.

I'm leaning to the glass half-full side here, and I am finding it a little obnoxious how quick some people are to just poop all over BioShock 2. I'm sure it'll be a good game - it may well even be a very good game - but it's not the original. We shouldn't judge it because of that, especially before we've all played it. 2K Marin as an entity has never shipped a game, so we should maintain neutrality and let the game speak for itself. Nobody gave much thought to Arkham Asylum because it was a game in an established franchise from an unknown developer. That turned out pretty well; why shouldn't this?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Afroman269

I don't need a sequel. If you do then power to ya.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By K0rN
    @Atlas said:
    "I'm extremely torn on this issue. At first I was siding with the naysayers - it's easy to question the addition of multiplayer, some of the storyline strangeness, the pandering aspect of playing as a Big Daddy. Something just generally seemed a bit off, a little forced maybe. But in truth, I'm starting to think we should give the game the benefit of the doubt. 2K Marin has no track record to speak of, which means giving them an established franchise as a first assignment is surely a massive headache. This game does have a lot going against it, but let's not forget just how special of a game BioShock was. It was mindblowing, on so many levels. So we need to accept that this game is highly unlikely to reach those lofty expectations. It could be really good, but it will do so on its own merits. It looks and sounds like BioShock - which has to be a good thing, right? - and so long as 2K Marin learnt the lessons that needed to be learnt about what made BioShock so awesome, they should do fine.  I'm leaning to the glass half-full side here, and I am finding it a little obnoxious how quick some people are to just poop all over BioShock 2. I'm sure it'll be a good game - it may well even be a very good game - but it's not the original. We shouldn't judge it because of that, especially before we've all played it. 2K Marin as an entity has never shipped a game, so we should maintain neutrality and let the game speak for itself. Nobody gave much thought to Arkham Asylum because it was a game in an established franchise from an unknown developer. That turned out pretty well; why shouldn't this? "

Finally! Someone with logic!
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rowr
    @Atlas said:
    " I'm extremely torn on this issue. At first I was siding with the naysayers - it's easy to question the addition of multiplayer, some of the storyline strangeness, the pandering aspect of playing as a Big Daddy. Something just generally seemed a bit off, a little forced maybe. But in truth, I'm starting to think we should give the game the benefit of the doubt. 2K Marin has no track record to speak of, which means giving them an established franchise as a first assignment is surely a massive headache. This game does have a lot going against it, but let's not forget just how special of a game BioShock was. It was mindblowing, on so many levels. So we need to accept that this game is highly unlikely to reach those lofty expectations. It could be really good, but it will do so on its own merits. It looks and sounds like BioShock - which has to be a good thing, right? - and so long as 2K Marin learnt the lessons that needed to be learnt about what made BioShock so awesome, they should do fine.  I'm leaning to the glass half-full side here, and I am finding it a little obnoxious how quick some people are to just poop all over BioShock 2. I'm sure it'll be a good game - it may well even be a very good game - but it's not the original. We shouldn't judge it because of that, especially before we've all played it. 2K Marin as an entity has never shipped a game, so we should maintain neutrality and let the game speak for itself. Nobody gave much thought to Arkham Asylum because it was a game in an established franchise from an unknown developer. That turned out pretty well; why shouldn't this? "
    Bioshock wasnt really successful for its ability as a shooter, in fact that was probably the weakest aspect of the whole game (see also The darkness). So it's a little worrying when they put the focus on it as a shooter (because thats what the kids want), and when you dont have the people working on it who were responsible for making it a success despite the shooting not being great. Add to that the fact that expanding on the story is not at all a natural thing to do from the first. It just starts to appear like it's getting milked for the story and setting. 

I cant see it possibley living up to the first because its almost an entirely different entity with the same name and some borrowed setting, if its at least decent 2k Marin have done a good job. My guess is the multiplayer will be better than is assumed, and the single player will be pretty ordinary and uninspired.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By ZenaxPure

I honestly don't have a problem with the sequel, I felt like they made a really cool world but when you get down to it we didn't exactly explore a lot of Rapture. From what we have seen Bioshock 2 is going to do just that, let us explore other areas of Rapture we never went too. Honestly this is exactly the kind of sequel I like from Franchises, games that take a cool setting and explore it more with new characters and a new plot instead of a continuation of something old.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By K0rN
    @Rowr said:
    " @Atlas said:
    " I'm extremely torn on this issue. At first I was siding with the naysayers - it's easy to question the addition of multiplayer, some of the storyline strangeness, the pandering aspect of playing as a Big Daddy. Something just generally seemed a bit off, a little forced maybe. But in truth, I'm starting to think we should give the game the benefit of the doubt. 2K Marin has no track record to speak of, which means giving them an established franchise as a first assignment is surely a massive headache. This game does have a lot going against it, but let's not forget just how special of a game BioShock was. It was mindblowing, on so many levels. So we need to accept that this game is highly unlikely to reach those lofty expectations. It could be really good, but it will do so on its own merits. It looks and sounds like BioShock - which has to be a good thing, right? - and so long as 2K Marin learnt the lessons that needed to be learnt about what made BioShock so awesome, they should do fine.  I'm leaning to the glass half-full side here, and I am finding it a little obnoxious how quick some people are to just poop all over BioShock 2. I'm sure it'll be a good game - it may well even be a very good game - but it's not the original. We shouldn't judge it because of that, especially before we've all played it. 2K Marin as an entity has never shipped a game, so we should maintain neutrality and let the game speak for itself. Nobody gave much thought to Arkham Asylum because it was a game in an established franchise from an unknown developer. That turned out pretty well; why shouldn't this? "
    Bioshock wasnt really successful for its ability as a shooter, in fact that was probably the weakest aspect of the whole game (see also The darkness). So it's a little worrying when they put the focus on it as a shooter (because thats what the kids want), and when you dont have the people working on it who were responsible for making it a success despite the shooting not being great. Add to that the fact that expanding on the story is not at all a natural thing to do from the first. It just starts to appear like it's getting milked for the story and setting.    I cant see it possibley living up to the first because its almost an entirely different entity with the same name and some borrowed setting, if its at least decent 2k Marin have done a good job. My guess is the multiplayer will be better than is assumed, and the single player will be pretty ordinary and uninspired. "
    What was wrong with the shooting aspects of the game? I had a hella lot of fun experimenting with weapons and plasmids in BS1.
    CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CptChiken
    @K0rN said:
    " Bioshock doesn't need a sequel? I mean they don't know if it is good or bad so until you actually play it then STFU. Some of us like me are actually looking foward to BS2 and plan on getting it day 1 and we don't need you people going around acting like you can judge everything without even knowing so like I said WAIT until it's released before you judge it!  That my friends is a rant. "
    4 lines is a pretty poor rant.... put some effort into it
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By K0rN
    @CptChiken said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " Bioshock doesn't need a sequel? I mean they don't know if it is good or bad so until you actually play it then STFU. Some of us like me are actually looking foward to BS2 and plan on getting it day 1 and we don't need you people going around acting like you can judge everything without even knowing so like I said WAIT until it's released before you judge it!  That my friends is a rant. "
    4 lines is a pretty poor rant.... put some effort into it "

What else was there to say? That's all was needed.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By natetodamax
    @K0rN said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " Bioshock doesn't need a sequel? I mean they don't know if it is good or bad so until you actually play it then STFU. Some of us like me are actually looking foward to BS2 and plan on getting it day 1 and we don't need you people going around acting like you can judge everything  without even knowing so like I said WAIT until it's released before you judge it!  That my friends is a rant. "
    What else was there to say? That's all was needed. "
    That wasn't a rant. It was you making a statement about how people saying Bioshock 2 is unnecessary is emotionally damaging you, or something like that.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By K0rN
    @natetodamax said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " Bioshock doesn't need a sequel? I mean they don't know if it is good or bad so until you actually play it then STFU. Some of us like me are actually looking foward to BS2 and plan on getting it day 1 and we don't need you people going around acting like you can judge everything  without even knowing so like I said WAIT until it's released before you judge it!  That my friends is a rant. "
    What else was there to say? That's all was needed. "
    That wasn't a rant. It was you making a statement about how people saying Bioshock 2 is unnecessary is emotionally damaging you, or something like that. "

It isn't "emotionally damaging" I'm saying it is annoying and unfair.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rowr
    @K0rN said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @Atlas said:
    Bioshock wasnt really successful for its ability as a shooter, in fact that was probably the weakest aspect of the whole game (see also The darkness). So it's a little worrying when they put the focus on it as a shooter (because thats what the kids want), and when you dont have the people working on it who were responsible for making it a success despite the shooting not being great. Add to that the fact that expanding on the story is not at all a natural thing to do from the first. It just starts to appear like it's getting milked for the story and setting.    I cant see it possibley living up to the first because its almost an entirely different entity with the same name and some borrowed setting, if its at least decent 2k Marin have done a good job. My guess is the multiplayer will be better than is assumed, and the single player will be pretty ordinary and uninspired. "
    What was wrong with the shooting aspects of the game? I had a hella lot of fun experimenting with weapons and plasmids in BS1. "
    Plasmids were good, but lets be honest the shooting wasnt the strongest aspect. I barely look at this game as a shooter.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By K0rN
    @Rowr said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @Atlas said:
    What was wrong with the shooting aspects of the game? I had a hella lot of fun experimenting with weapons and plasmids in BS1. "
    Plasmids were good, but lets be honest the shooting wasnt the strongest aspect. I barely look at this game as a shooter. "

Then what do you look at it as?
    Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#44  Edited By Little_Socrates

Looking forward to it. No, maybe it didn't need a sequel. That doesn't mean I don't want one, though, because it totally offered it as an option. 

That said, this sequel isn't so much the one I want, but the multiplayer seems to be (that is, I wanted BioShock 2 to be "The War On Ryan Industries.")

Avatar image for deactivated-63ce64d7ef40c
    deactivated-63ce64d7ef40c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioshock doesn't need a sequel.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#46  Edited By Atlas
    @K0rN: Yeah see, I'm with Korn on this one. There was nothing wrong or broken with how BioShock handled as a game. Sure, compared to pure first person shooters it's not outstanding, and translated to a multiplayer mode also isn't the best idea (which is why the multiplayer will ONLY work if plasmids are involved), but experimenting with plasmids was cool, and it never really felt clunky or frustrating. You shot guns and people died. There was also a progression to the gameplay that felt really cool, and the way different abilities were useful in different areas. BioShock was a ton of fun as a game as well as immersive and captivating as a storytelling experience. Yes, the atmosphere and narrative were the best parts of the game, but that's not all I think of when I think about what was so great about BioShock. Why do we need to focus in on one aspect of a game as if that's the only good thing about it and to hell with everything else?

I also loved The Darkness, both for its uniqueness and the gunplay. But if BioShock 2's multiplayer is similar to the multiplayer in The Darkness, then all hope is lost.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#47  Edited By sjschmidt93

Yes, if the game comes out and it sucks, bash away. Until then, shut the fuck up.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jimbo

I'm sure the game will be fine, but it's almost impossible to get excited about it.  

The problem is, when you think about the main reasons people were excited for Bioshock, none of them really apply to Bioshock 2 anymore.  We've all already spent time exploring the underwater Art Deco world they created, we've found out about Adam, the Little Sisters and the Big Daddies, we know what went wrong.  Where are the new hooks to replace them?  At face value they've tacked on multiplayer and you get to play as a Big Daddy - the two most cynical and gimmicky things they could possibly have chosen to do with a Bioshock sequel.  It's just so jarring from how refreshing the original Bioshock seemed at the time, I think that's why the reaction has been stronger than it might be for any other milk-the-franchise sequel.

What they should have taken from it were the things we all praised in the first place:

• A unique game setting (BS2: failed miserably)
    • An element of mystery - In Bioshock's case, "WTF went wrong here?" (BS2: we already know)
    • Political / philosophical undertones (BS2: they've already made their point about the world Ryan created)

They should have made Skyshock and set it on an Orwellian (or whatever) Bespin-style cloud city after it goes all to shit.  Lots of glass walkways and big open rooms with all kinds of awesome weather outside, rain lashing against the walkways and thunder storms raging outside etc.  Tell me Ken Levine is busy working on that game and I'll get excited.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Rowr
    @Atlas said:

" Why do we need to focus in on one aspect of a game as if that's the only good thing about it and to hell with everything else?  "

Well i guess my point was, it was the narrative and setting (and characters)  that made it stand out as a great game. If you took those away all you would of had was a lousy shooter, though yes the plasmids helped to pull the game up in that aspect i agree.

So heres where we hope the narrative can be good enough despite the fact it doesnt have the luxury of a seamless continuation from the first game and the same direction of the developers from the first. At the very least the shooting needs to have been upgraded to a better standard. Even then, we are talking about a completely different type of game.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By Gabriel

Instead of a sequel they needed to fix the last 1/3 of that game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.