Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

Visual references to the first game?

rbanke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By rbanke

So I remember hearing a while back that there might be some neat visual throwbacks to the first game, like you might look out a window and see a view of an area from the first game. After finishing my playthrough, I was slightly disapointed not to see anything like this. Hell, I only even found a few audio logs with references to anything about the first game. Did anyone see interesting stuff that I missed? Not sure why, but that stuff gives me the warm and fuzzies.
    Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Von

There are a few parts where you see parts from the first game. I can only recall two straight from my mind though, one is where you are underwater for the first time and enter the ocean. The vista you see is the one you first saw when the sub approached Rapture, and the second one is somewhere where you look outside and see the parts of the crashed airplane.  There were other things too but I don't remember where and what exactly, just that I though "hey, that was neat..".

Now when I think about it, you get to see the airplane when you are walking that section outside too.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By L33tfella_H

There's a little 'bonus' you get in Multiplayer for reaching the Max Rank of 40, which is a little cutscene which ties into the First Bioshock game (the Multiplayer takes place before Bioshock 1).

See it Here

Also, there are other tiny references to the previous game as you go around singleplayer, some are more obviously in sight than others ofcourse.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nukesniper
    @L33tfella_H said:
    " There's a little 'bonus' you get in Multiplayer for reaching the Max Rank of 40, which is a little cutscene which ties into the First Bioshock game (the Multiplayer takes place before Bioshock 1).

See it Here  Also, there are other tiny references to the previous game as you go around singleplayer, some are more obviously in sight than others ofcourse. "
    Beat me to it. Aside from mentions of project WYK this was the biggest hint at the previous game. I never really looked out windows for old vistas though. I was kind of surprised that they didn't talk more directly about the previous game, but if they talked too much about it there would be no reason for people who skipped the first person to go back. So I think it is kind of neat that you don't find too many logs explaining the biggest stuff from the first game. 

I would have thought that perhaps there would be more locational hints and quirks to make you remember that "hey, this is the same rapture I was at a long time ago", but perhaps they thought too much of that would have made it seem forced. 

To me, the fact that if was still Rapture was enough of a hint. The game felt very reminiscent of Bioshock 1 and I really enjoyed it. Bioshock has a distinct feel to the environment, and I love it.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5  Edited By natetodamax
    @nukesniper: What is Project WYK?
    EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#6  Edited By EpicBenjamin
    rbanke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rbanke
    I didn't notice the plane wreckage, I'm about to play through it on hard so I'll keep an eye out for that. The audio log stuff about W-Y-K was a nice touch. I'm not complaining about no references, just curious if i missed some (which i seemed to have). I guess i was expecing something more in your face, like looking out a window and seeing Fort Frolic through another window or something.. 

@EpicBenjamin:

Yea, i'm fairly sure it was.  

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow

In the part where you first get Incinerate with all the pro Adam propagandising Ryan voiced animatronics you can see a scale model of the light house and the diving bell as part of the exhibition.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By nukesniper
    @natetodamax said:

" @nukesniper: What is Project WYK? "

Its going in a spoiler bubble.  

It's a Bioshock 1 spoiler though, so that would be the game I'm talking most about.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10  Edited By natetodamax
    @nukesniper: Ah, okay. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.