Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Bioshock Infinite delayed until 2013

• 57 results
    Packie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Packie

So after this and Metro got pushed to 2013, the only interesting FPS for me might be Far Cry 3. Unfortunate but I can wait.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#52  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Very well. I will use the cash I would have used to buy this to buy X-COM: Enemy Unknown instead. Not that I wouldn't have done that anyways, but now it's a much easier choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@TentPole Everything in that comment falls under polish! Gameplay and presentation. Polishing the existing game. He's not adding Ice World and new story segments. Point is, it's not like he's making BioShock Infinite+ he's just taking a long time to make the original plan. It will be a 'better' game, in that if they released it this year it would probably be kind of broken, stuttery and weird. Exactly like I said originally.

Are you just spoiling for a fight and not even reading?
    TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TentPole

@Brodehouse said:

@TentPole Everything in that comment falls under polish! Gameplay and presentation. Polishing the existing game. He's not adding Ice World and new story segments. Point is, it's not like he's making BioShock Infinite+ he's just taking a long time to make the original plan. It will be a 'better' game, in that if they released it this year it would probably be kind of broken, stuttery and weird. Exactly like I said originally. Are you just spoiling for a fight and not even reading?

He specifically says that the implementation of the Big Daddy was changed as well as adding more art assets. This goes beyond technical polish and is specifically what you said is not happening. My point is that you are making wild assumptions with no idea what you are talking about.

Edit: You are right that I have been far too hostile. What can I say. I am a bit of an asshole and I am sorry.

I still think you are wrong though.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By Phatmac

I don't think the interest for this game will be that great for it to be delayed after a long development cycle. Expectations are abnormally high. Sure it'll be great, but I don't think that they'll keep people interested for this long.

Stigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Stigs

Was looking forward to playing it this year, but I'll gladly wait if it means a better game. Not like there aren't plenty of other games to play.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By dichemstys

Cool. This game looks great and I can wait if that means the game is gonna be better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.