Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Details on the Collectors Edition and Ultimate Loot Chest Limited

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsmoke77

Gearbox has released the details on the special editions of Borderlands 2!

From Gearbox:

The Deluxe Vault Hunter's Collectors Edition ($99.99 MSRP) includes an authentic Marcus Kincaid bobble head, hardbound art book, map of Pandora, comic book download and a four sticker set -- see it all here.

The Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition ($149.99 MSRP) packs an exclusive SteelBook case, numbered certificate of authenticity, creatures of Pandora wide format ID chart and four lithograph postcards with a Marcus Kincaid bobble head, hardbound art book, cloth math of Pandora, comic book download and four sticker set -- all packed in a replica loot chest!

Ultimate Edition
    Ultimate Edition
    Deluxe Edition
    Deluxe Edition

Holy crap the ultimate edition is packed with stuff, I am a big fan of the first game and will probably convince myself to pony up the 150 bucks.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

As much as I liked Borderlands, and I'm always looking for a reason to hate not buying a CE, this seems like a lot of junk for a $150 price tag. Skyrim's $150 pricetag, even with the giant dragon statue, seemed like a money grab. This feels even more so. I would do maybe $100.

Actually, no, I probably wouldn't. $60 version for me.

Also, when will bobbleheads die already?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Not a bad collectors edition, but the prices for these things seem to be getting higher and higher and the stuff you get is never that amazing or useful in anyway.

I'll stick with the regular edition.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Meltac

Seems like an overpriced box, full of useless stuff.. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get why people continue to buy these Limited/Collectors Editions of games.

vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vmehnert

i really like the moved towards paying around $100 for a collector's edition which includes some collectable items as well as access to DLC (i.e. buying a day one season pass, for instance, see the new Halo 4 CE). This seems like a lot of junk for a high price tag, although I do think the loot locker is kinda cool.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Paindamnation

I think I'll go for 150. Will look nice next to my Black Ops Race Car and Halo Reach Statue.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

The loot locker is pretty cool, but I don't think this is worth the price tag.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Although all that is probably not worth $150, Borderlands is one of the only games I would ever buy a CE for, and I'm kind of a sucker when it comes to neat little collectors items, and some of the ones in here are admittedly cool. Plus that loot chest is too awesome to pass up.

JarenFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By JarenFace

Remember when Collectors Editions were $10 more than the regular? I remember paying $70 for the Getting Up Collectors Edition which included a Steel Tin, soundtrack, art book (half of it had concept art/graffiti from the game with the rest being blank pages for you to draw) and a silver sharpie). For $10 more I remember Tony Hawk's American Wasteland CE had two extra levels and two bonus characters (I guess the equivalent of DLC today). I use to be a sucker for them, mostly because they were an extra ten dollars. With Collectors Editions these days being $45 or so more after taxes, I'm finding it really hard to drop the extra coin.

I love Borderlands. It was my game of the year two years ago, with me sinking over a 80 hours by myself. But when I look at the Ultimate Edition, and while I find a lot of it cool... I see nothing that justifies me spending $100 more dollars on it, let alone the $45 for the CE. At least when I bought the Mass Effect 3 one, there was DLC - in between the From Ashes content, the squad mate costumes and the casual hoodie wear, I was abe to extract some sort of gameplay value from it.

I guess extra content is what makes or breaks a day one CE sale for me. If the Mechromancer was included within these editions, then maybe. But since she comes with all pre-orders, the standard edition will do. Plus who knows, maybe I'll find them for $20 down the road like I was able to with Saints Row II and Bioshock II. Here's hoping.

HawaiiRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HawaiiRob

I spy a mega sized Crawmerax on the creatures chart for the ultimate edition... and maybe a standard sized one too?

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By RobotHamster
    No Caption Provided

Here's a pic of about how big the loot chest will be if anyone was wondering.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshthebear

It all depends on what the loot box is actually made out of.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By BraveToaster

I'll go with the $59.99 option.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

While the cloth map has me up in a tizzy, I think a regular edition pre-order will do. If that DLC ends up being a season pass, I might spring for the $100 edition.

jonnybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By jonnybob

Just pre-ordered the ULCE, curious what the loot box is made of as well.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

Steelbook case?

SOLD!

In all seriousness though, I'm buying the ULCE. I want that damn loot chest to keep things in, just so I can open it and freak out about what loot dropped.

RapidAmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RapidAmp

Now... All I want to know is, price in £? :D

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By napalm

@jakob187 said:

I want that damn loot chest to keep things in, just so I can open it and freak out about what loot dropped.

Or realize that all you put in there was your sadness.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xyzygy

I'm really torn on what edition to get. I love Borderlands, and I'm very grateful to gearbox for making these games, so I'm thinking I might just go ahead and support them and get the ULCE.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Meltac said:

Seems like an overpriced box, full of useless stuff.. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get why people continue to buy these Limited/Collectors Editions of games.

Same here. None of them seem worth it to me. I bought three special editions in my life and none of them were worth it. Two I only bought because no regular editions were left. Some people must feel them worth it, otherwise these would no longer get made.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

If the special edition was priced at 99.99, and included the loot chest and a pass for all future DLC, THEN I would go for it. I'm not spending 90 dollars on a cool loot case, and a bunch of paper crap that I personally couldn't care less about. For 150 dollars, you'd think they could put a real comic book in there, instead of a downloadable.

And this is coming from someone who views Borderlands as his personal 2009 GOTY.

xXLunchBox87Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xXLunchBox87Xx

That stuff looks kind of cool. I loved borderlands. If it wasn't for dlc would have s ranked. Planned on going back to finish dlc, but still haven't. Maybe when bl2 is closer to coming out. Would I like that chest? Yes. But not at that price. Now my real beef with this is the bobblehead. I like bobbleheads, I collect baseball ones, have over 30. How is it not a claptrap bobblehead/statue? With some clever sound bytes. Would have been instant buy. I'll stick with the regular one ans season pass which I'm sure they'll do.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By DoctorTran

Daddy want... daddy want reallllllllyyyyy bad.

Avatar image for rampageassassin
    RampageAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RampageAssassin

I'm totally getting the loot chest edition. It's going to be a great place to store my games.

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Slither_Maggot

I'm a sucker for art and the cloth map is a pretty cool idea but like so many others have said... $150 seems a bit much for all that stuff when it isn't really practical.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.