Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

How is it?

iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iiNF3RNo

So im considering buying this. How is the single player cuz none of my friends are interested in this game since they are MW2 junkies. Also if playing with randoms how is the experience?

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chyro

I'm a huge fan of this game but I wouldn't play it solo.  I would pass.  Spend it on another game.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

Personally I thought the single player was pretty dull. The art style and plethora of guns was fun but overall I thought it was nothing particularly note worthy. If you get the 360 version though you might get "modders" who basically ruin your game. I think they mess up your guns or something. I don't know if they do this on the PS3 version though. What level you are depends how well the game plays really. If someone of a higher level then you drops in then the enemies are tougher but more rewarding (better loot and XP). The game features a lackluster loot sharing system though so you might have trouble deciding who get's the good stuff.

That's what I think anyway, a lot of people seem to like it but I thought it was okay.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

I love the game, and I spend most of the time playing solo. I don't find it all that boring, and the multiplayer is laggy as heck so I just avoid that.

aerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By aerious

I had an ok time playing through it single player,depends how much you like the shooting because there isnt much of a story there.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By ToxicFruit

I am played most of it alone and sometimes with some random ppl, I had a blast!

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " Personally I thought the single player was pretty dull. The art style and plethora of guns was fun but overall I thought it was nothing particularly note worthy. If you get the 360 version though you might get "modders" who basically ruin your game. I think they mess up your guns or something. I don't know if they do this on the PS3 version though. What level you are depends how well the game plays really. If someone of a higher level then you drops in then the enemies are tougher but more rewarding (better loot and XP). The game features a lackluster loot sharing system though so you might have trouble deciding who get's the good stuff.  That's what I think anyway, a lot of people seem to like it but I thought it was okay. "
    Dude dont warn some about the modders when you dont know what they do, it makes you seem dumb  

modders make guns for themselves they cant mod anything your using unless they give you a modded weapon or shield
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By buzz_clik

I finished it twice by myself before I played any co-op and I still loved the experience.

mankvill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By mankvill

I'm playing it mostly solo right now. I've done a bit of co-op. That said, I've put in almost 20 hours and it's still really addicting. :)

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By sopranosfan

I have been going all solo and I so far I really like it.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lucas_kelly

If you like single player MMO's, go for it.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By demontium
    @iiNF3RNo: Better than spider man.
    Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Well,the single player is really good. 

*SPOILER,a little*

Currently im enjoying The Hunter so far,got some great weapons.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.