Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

PC or 360?

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daveydave

hey all. 

I am unsure which version to buy. I have a pc capable of running this well, and it does seem the kind of game that suits the pc, however I have also heard good things about the 360 version.. 

Anyone who has either or both wish to give there experiences with the game? I was wondering if the pc version alowed text chat as well as voice? 

Dave

raikoh05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By raikoh05

where do your friends play? its best to play with people you know. if you just want to solo, go pc. the pc version also has text chat.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By fwylo

I rented it on 360 to play it before MW2 came out and went through the whole game solo in a week.  IMO you can't beat fps on PC but I have no complaints with the 360 version.

I agree with raikoh if you want to play with friends then get it on the platform you friends have it on.

Jerusahat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jerusahat

I got the PC version, but if my 360 wasn't in danger of red-ringing, I would have gotten that version in a heartbeat.

There's text chat, but it's not implemented well.
    Multiplayer is a complete hassle. You need to manually open up ports on your router.
    They didn't redesign the menus for the mouse. e.g. If you're selling a lot of guns, it's easier to use the arrow keys, or a controller.
    PC was the last to get a patch, and they haven't even confirmed if it's getting DLC.

As far as the actual game is concerned, it's a good port - I found it perfectly playable with the mouse.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Driadon

I'm with what everyone else said: go with what your friends will play as, chances are, that will be the only time you'll play multiplayer. A good work around if you don't want to worry about stupid port forwarding and whatnot is to get a tunneling program like Hamachi so you can simply connect directly through a LAN over the internet.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jimbo

PC unless your chums are all on 360 or something.  Mouse > pad, and if you have an ATI card you can force AA and it looks fantastic (no AA in the graphics options, which is lame).  I don't know how the console versions compare to the regular PC image, but I can tell you that forcing the AA on makes a big difference to how good the PC version looks.

The inventory interface is fine once you figure out you need to be using the keyboard instead of the mouse.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daveydave

thanks for the replys :) unfortunatly the two people I know who have the game on xbox360 are finshed with it for now so that has been ruled out. So, in the terms of borderlands, I am a loner! lol.

zero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zero2000

I got it for PC, and I can only recommend it. While it does have some downfalls like people mentioned, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Once I did get the port opens (which only took 5 minutes max), I was the one who ALWAYS hosted a game. It just seemed like ones I joined always had a delay. So hosting your own games is the best way to go. My rooms fill up in just a few minutes too.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Daveydave

will more than likely pick it up for pc then :) I am just nervous STEAM will have it in one of there crazy holiday deals and I will have bought it at full price!  
    must.....hold...back.....

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Warfare

PC

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Daveydave

Do you guys think the game has any chance of being on the holiday deals on steam?

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By webby

@Daveydave said:

"Do you guys think the game has any chance of being on the holiday deals on steam? "

Dragon Age was, so it is possible.
    PDC_Emulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PDC_Emulator
    @Webby:  Those deals are insane. The THQ pack for $50 is wild...
    eclipt1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eclipt1c

PC version is only $20 on Amazon at the moment.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Daveydave

Steam version on sale at the moment. I have borrowed the xbox360 version from work and already I am wishing I had a mouse and keyboard..... might have to buy the pc version. 

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Snail

THERE ARE SO MANY OF THESE THREADS!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By natetodamax

Go with whatever version your friends play the most. PC does have a better framerate though.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By KaosAngel

PC has more users due to lack of anti-piracy for online.  Pirates and legits can play together so it raises the player count....it also runs better!

I found this out after buying mine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.