Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

So... Which DLC should we get?

StabHatDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By StabHatDude

A friend and I are getting together one of the upcoming days for some solid gaming. Borderlands is on the menu, but I think we'd like to get our groove on with some of all the new tasty DLC.
    We've got Zombie Island of Dr. Ned - should we get some of the new stuff, or are they badly done money-machines put on top of the original game?
    (For what it's worth, we're both around lvl. 45)

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ryax

dr neds was ok. mad moxxi's was kinda boring. i say your best bet would be the general knoxx dlc.

ShepMcgep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ShepMcgep

You get you're moneys worth with General Knoxx. If you plan on doing playthrough 1 first 45  is plenty high enough, you'll want to be 50 on playthrough 2 though.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

I heard Mad Moxxi's Underdome was terrible. General Knoxx is really good, so get that.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By killroycantkill

I would go with Knoxx first because of the level cap, Zombie Island after since its fun but way easy, then if you're really hardcore about borderlands Mad Moxxi.

Lost_In_Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lost_In_Gaming

In my opinion, General Knoxx was the best addon, followed by Dr. Ned and then Mad Moxxi. In fact, don't bother getting Mad Moxxi, unless you REEEEAAAALLLY need the bank space...

riccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By riccio

I'd go with General knoxx as well, it's actually got quite a few quests in it, a level cap increase, a new type of gun rarity or something (Pearlescent) and Scooter is one of the main characters of the DLC so you'll get some laughs too

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ch13696

If you want a place to store weapons and do a lil competing then Mad Moxxi's is the best place. But if you want you to co-operatively beat the hell out of a boss then pick up General Knoxx. (Damn there are too many X's)

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Fbomb

Zombie Island. General Knoxx isn't even playable until you're at level 50... well, it is, but you won't really get anywhere, since your weapons act like peashooters against the level 51+ enemies (on playthrough 2). Zombie Island will get you up to the level cap before you start General Knoxx, while General Knoxx will take you to level 61, making Zombie Island pointless afterward. 

If you get Zombie Island, at least you'll be leveling, whereas, if you get Zombie Island after General Knoxx, you'll be stuck at level 61 the whole time, making the DLC completely pointless. 

So, if you ever intend to play Zombie Island, play it now. Otherwise, get General Knoxx, and don't bother with the other DLC afterward.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By neoepoch

You have to play through all of Mad Moxxie in order to get the 2 extra skill points right?

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Demyx

There's only two other ones. General Knoxx, and Mad Moxxi. So, definitely get General Knoxx.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By EnchantedEcho

General Knoxx, I like it more than the retail release

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ArchScabby

Gen Knoxx.  I haven't played it, but I heard Mad Moxxi is horrible so I'd suggest staying away from that one.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I just made the mistake of buying Mad Moxxi today...don't do it!! Zombie Island and General Knoxx are both excellent though (but Knoxx is admittedly a more significant package for the same price).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.