Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Update question about 2.5 runthrough

TitsMcGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TitsMcGee

Is there one? Lol.  I just got the patch and New Robot Revolution so I'm doing that first, but I'd be interested in doing the two armory runs in Knoxx again.  I've read a bunch of stuff on the Borderlands wiki but it seems to be geared to pc.  Anybody know if this is possible? Thx Y'all!

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By gla55jAw

No there are only 2 Playthroughs. Start a new character maybe?

tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By tmlim
    @TitsMcGee:  Playthrough 2.5 starts after you see the credits for the main game or the DLC on playthrough 2.  It's just higher level enemies and weapons/item drops.  It does not reset the levels.

And regarding Borderlands Wikia ( http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_Wiki) , most of it applies to 360 and PS3 versions as well.

But perhaps I misunderstood you completely.
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DeF
    @tmlim said:
    " @TitsMcGee:  Playthrough 2.5 starts after you see the credits for the main game or the DLC.  It's just higher level enemies and weapons/item drops.  It does not reset the levels.

And regarding Borderlands Wikia ( http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_Wiki) , most of it applies to 360 and PS3 versions as well.  But perhaps I misunderstood you completely. "
    it just sounds like playthrough 2 (read: after you beat it once, then start the second playthrough). I don't actually get what the OP means by 2.5 ...either you play thhrough a third time or not, how can you pleas through a game the second and a half time? or does the .5 refer to the DLC?! I don't get it^^
    tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tmlim
    @DeF: They just call it playthrough 2.5 because it's not quite a 3rd playthrough, but the enemies are higher level and the item/weapon drops are higher level.  So you're getting half of another playthrough.

See  http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Playthrough_2.5
     Scroll down to Playthrough 2 Advanced Play 
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeF
    @tmlim said:
    " @DeF: They just call it playthrough 2.5 because it's not quite a 3rd playthrough, but the enemies are higher level and the item/weapon drops are higher level.  So you're getting half of another playthrough.

Scroll down to Playthrough 2 Advanced Play  "
    thanks

hmm... that sounds weird. so you basically "start" that playthrough by entering the vault and then you can go back and grind levels but don't get the quests again? ah well ... I'll just see for myself when/if I make it that far :)
    tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tmlim
    @DeF: You might need to play more if you didn't get to level 50 yet.  Or you just want to find better weapons and just kill things that isn't super easy.
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeF
    @tmlim:  I reached 50 in my first playthrough (campaign + online questing) and got bored when I started the second one (I started too many characters on friends' consoles ... I hate the starting quests now^^). After getting the GOTY edition a few weeks ago, I see myself playing everything again maybe once with a new character unless getting to lvl 69 takes longer than moxxi, knoxx and robo revolution (beat zombie island already and am now at 51^^)
    tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tmlim
    @DeF:  Moxxi doesn't net you many exp. since killing guys in it gives you not exp, only exp for completing the missions, which still isn't much.  But you do get an extra skill point per playthrough.  Knoxx will give you tons of exp. and is the most fun in my opinion.  Fighting Crawmerax with a friend will net you lots of exp.  Getting from 61 to 69 took me only a few hours playing crawmerax.
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Supermarius
    @DeF said:
    " @tmlim said:
    " @DeF: They just call it playthrough 2.5 because it's not quite a 3rd playthrough, but the enemies are higher level and the item/weapon drops are higher level.  So you're getting half of another playthrough.

Scroll down to Playthrough 2 Advanced Play  "
    thanks  hmm... that sounds weird. so you basically "start" that playthrough by entering the vault and then you can go back and grind levels but don't get the quests again? ah well ... I'll just see for myself when/if I make it that far :) "
    it's important to not that there really is no such thing as "playthrough 2.5" it's not a feature or a term that came from Gearbox. It's just name that fans came out with for the level readjustment that occurs.
    tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tmlim
    @Supermarius: Yes, I'm fully aware that playthrough 2.5 is not a term that Gearbox has ever made official. I've also seen the term Playthrough 2+.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.