Plan on playing a bug-free Bully on the PC? Too bad!

#1 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

I bought it on Steam and have crashed eight or nine times within an hour. Usually from moving locations, once from running, and now I can't even get past the Rockstar logo without it exploding in my face.

A patch would be nice.

#2 Posted by Kaido (249 posts) -

It's on Steam now?

#3 Posted by Stevokenevo (573 posts) -

huh,  i just bought it on the iiw.

also; there nothing worse than utterly shitousted buggy crashing games on the pc.  anyone for some gears of war profanity?!

at least if they patch it, it will work directly through steam so you wont have to worry about it too much.

#4 Posted by MattBodega (1907 posts) -

What the hell, man. Those guys at Mad Doc have done everything possible to ruin Rockstar Vancouver's Bully.
It's got to be a port of the 360 version, right? Mad Doc is the PC developer responsible for the Empire Earth games, so it makes sense that they would just port over their 360 code.
But what the hell?!

#5 Posted by MattyFTM (14423 posts) -

Looks like the wii version is still the way to go. Although I had the 360 version and Didn't have nearly as many problems as other people were. It only crashed once on me through the whole game.

#6 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

So it's bwoken? Damn. Good thing I didn't give in to the temptation.

#7 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

ok, it there a version of bully that is not broken?

#8 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -
Agent_Lost said:
"ok, it there a version of bully that is not broken?"
The original one is fine, and the schollarship for the Wii too. And I thought that the 360 version had been patched already, but I could be mistaken.
#9 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

I bought the 360 version (Beat it too)... It had some... Issues.

#10 Posted by Milkman (17171 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"Looks like the wii version is still the way to go. Although I had the 360 version and Didn't have nearly as many problems as other people were. It only crashed once on me through the whole game."
The Wii version wasn't too great on the technical side either. I'd say it's best to just get it on the PS2.
#11 Posted by Stevokenevo (573 posts) -

so in conclusion.....all the additional takes on the game (to make more money for the company) are actually less playable than the original?!  thats abit ridiculous/hilarious. 

Im finding the wii one fine though at the mo.

#12 Edited by Johnny5 (1355 posts) -

I am playing it on the PC at the moment. My issue isnt the bbugs its the weird optimisation, for about 2 minutes it'll run at a very nice fps, then it will stutter no matter what. It is not my hardware because this periodical stuttering even happens when im playing on the arcade machine.

Its still playable mind you.

#13 Posted by GP1Mil (116 posts) -

So far I'm 3 missions into the game and no crash yet , I don't have the Steam version I have the Procyon version and so far it is working fine.

#14 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"Looks like the wii version is still the way to go. Although I had the 360 version and Didn't have nearly as many problems as other people were. It only crashed once on me through the whole game."
I never crashed or had problems once on the 360 version. Ever. I don't know why so many people had technical problems. It's definitely the best system to get Bully on.
#15 Posted by sumo73 (10 posts) -

I've got the game on both the PS2 and Wii. The Wii version does crash but it's quite rare. Sometimes I would play the game for 3 hours or so without saving and then the whole screen would freeze up. I thought it was something wrong with my disc but someone else I knew who had Bully for the Wii had the same problems.

I can't believe that there's still no patch for the PC version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.