Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

Wild Card Race Night Test - Sunday, 9:00 PM ET

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trace

Ladies and gentlemen,

You probably know me as the weirdo who runs Forza Race Night on Thursdays. I've also tried running race nights for Blur, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Shift 2, and DiRT 3, usually on Sunday night. Unfortunately, none of those games seem to have the longevity of Forza, so their race nights peter out after a few weeks.

I have an idea on how to fix this issue. I'd like to try devoting a few weeks worth of Sundays to a specific racing game before switching to something else. Well-loved games might get two or three weeks, whereas less popular or engaging racers might only have one week of playtime. For example, maybe we'd have a week or two of Burnout Paradise, and once that was over, we'd switch to something like PGR4, Blur, or Burnout CRASH! (if it has decent online multiplayer).

Hopefully that's an interesting idea, but I'd like to gauge community interest (despite the short notice). That starts tonight, with one of my favorite racing games of all time:

No Caption Provided

Burnout Paradise has pretty amazing online multiplayer, so we should put it to use tonight. Let's say...the following:

Wild Card Race Night: Burnout Paradise -- Sunday, 9:00 PM EDT on Xbox LIVE

To join, send a friend request to Laz PsEG,

and when the event's running, I'll fire an invite your way (provided there's room, which there probably will be). I'll set a few different game modes, based on what people are looking for, but expect plenty of freeburn and even more crashing. Maybe we can help with achievements or something! I don't know!

We'll see if this idea has legs. If so, I'll put together a more official topic for Wild Card Race Night within the next few weeks.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By falconer

Your hubcaps shall be mine PeeSeg.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By sparklykiss

FINALLY a Wild Card race night thing. Awesome. :D I don't have this game, but I'll be sure to show up for the titles I do have.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By slowbird

Darn it, now I really regret constantly procrastinating my renewal of Xbox Live.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trace

We're rolling with Burnout Paradise right NOW! Feel free to join me through the details in the original post, or simply find my game in Burnout Paradise when I open it up here soon.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Man, that sounds fun...Oh, 360? Never mind... Eh, just kidding. You guys have fun! I got the game and a bunch of DLC for $13 on PSN, I have no complaints. 

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By falconer

Huh, turns out I don't have the Diamond P12. One needs to have all 500 challenges done in order to get it. DAMN THOSE LAST SEVEN CHALLENGES!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Fuuuuuuuck.

I'm sorry to have missed this. Bet it was good.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By matt

I would be up for this but it's at 2am my time :'(

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By falconer

Bumping this so people are aware.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By ZombiePie

Oh I thought this was a one time deal. If I knew this was going to be series I would have more visibly promoted it.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By falconer

@ZombiePie: Yeah, Laz wants it to be a regular thing. As of last week, he wanted to do Paradise again since he made this thread so late in the day. I don't know where he is so I went and bumped it.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By trace

Was busy dealing with other stuff over the weekend/watching football, so I neglected to bump this.

But yes, we'll give this another try tonight. Anyone/everyone is welcome, and it's more Burnout Paradise for now. I'll probably try this for the next couple of weeks until this proves itself to be something that could possibly work, or it dies off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.