Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

cod4: clan tag issue

deadpoool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By deadpoool

for the last 6 months i have been unable to create a clan tag....every time i try (with any combination) a message appears saying "clan tag denied due to prohibited text".....

does anyone else have the same problem?

does anyone have a fix?

ive tried many things....deleteing my cache, trying it on a different console etc etc.....nothing works!

help!

=andy=

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Megalon

Weird...you're not like, putting some "distasteful" text for your tag, are you? I assume when you say "with any combination" that means you tried other tags. 

Don't know....worked fine for me. 
    deadpoool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By deadpoool
    Megalon said:
    "Weird...you're not like, putting some "distasteful" text for your tag, are you? I assume when you say "with any combination" that means you tried other tags. 
    Don't know....worked fine for me. 
    "

yeah man, it happens with anything i try and put in......thought it might go away after a while, but after 6 months im kina resigned to the fact that it aint.

=andy=
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

That's weird. I've never heard of that happening before. Maybe you are banned from putting tags in or something....

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Player1
    natetodamax said:
    "That's weird. I've never heard of that happening before. Maybe you are banned from putting tags in or something...."
    Thats the best idea I can come up with at this point. 
    TeamSpicy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By TeamSpicy

I have the exact same problem and always have so at least your not alone. You are the first other person that I know of that cant create one. I am gonna start emailing infinityward and asking them whats up

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.