Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

World at War patches are HUGE!

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By darkgoth678

I was happy to hear the otehr day that World at War followed in the steps of Call of duty 4 in the way that the PC version once again got the multiplayer Map Pack for free. However I was a bit shocked when i went to download the file, 581MB patch is a tad big. I mean yes, it includes 4 new maps and some fixes but not even the CoD4 1.6 map patch was that big at 281MB and it had one map less. 

lol this is kind of just ranting about nothing but for some reason i felt it needed to be said. this i guess is bad for the time warner and comcast people that have bandwith caps. 
    darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By darkgoth678

I was happy to hear the otehr day that World at War followed in the steps of Call of duty 4 in the way that the PC version once again got the multiplayer Map Pack for free. However I was a bit shocked when i went to download the file, 581MB patch is a tad big. I mean yes, it includes 4 new maps and some fixes but not even the CoD4 1.6 map patch was that big at 281MB and it had one map less. 

lol this is kind of just ranting about nothing but for some reason i felt it needed to be said. this i guess is bad for the time warner and comcast people that have bandwith caps. 
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By angelkanarias

are there bandwith limits there?

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138

Main thing i had a problem with is the Fact that everyone has started to use the same wepons . It was the same on COD 4 and the main reason why i no longer play these games . Why couldn't it be like Rainbow 6 vegas where there were so many guns and pieces of equipment that no one player had the same weapons ......well untill everyone started running around no armour and famas . *sigh*

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Are there any improvements to the single player included?   (like 15 new levels)

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darkgoth678
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Are there any improvements to the single player included?   (like 15 new levels)"
    lol no, there was only a new zombie map and 3 new MP maps

angelkanarias said:
    "are there bandwith limits there?"
    not at the moment, I hope we dont get bandwith caps here! I would die!
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I remember there's this mandatory 1.75 GB patch for Company of Heroes to make it compatible with people who own the expansion pack. That sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.