Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty

Franchise »

Originally starting as a World War II-themed first-person shooter, the Call of Duty franchise now incorporates other time periods and conflicts and can be found on virtually every modern platform.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or Call of Duty: World at Wat

R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By R3Qui4M

Hi, i'm a PC gamer but i just got a HD TV so i'm decided to go the console route as my primary. So i played both the call of duty 4 and World at War on the PC(actually i played all the call of duties except for 3) on PC. So what do you guys think i should get? 4 or World at War. It would be helpful if reason are stated(Features, Fun Factor, etc...)...

EDIT: My preference is solely based on multiplayer not Single player. I've played Battefield 1942 for way too long is WaW that much better.... But at the sametime i played even more Counter-Strike, and BF2 so Call of Duty 4 on Consoles better. I'm saying this cuz majority of the people played all these games. So i just want a comparison.  I dont have a prefence on an era of weapons but there must be variety and must have a feel. going back CS, variety in every kind of weapon and they feel good as hell. so how do these games hold up to that. I'm sorry coming from PC gaming of over a decade i have high expectations for a FPS. So any other suggestions are also welcome

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

World at WAT?

WAT?
    No, only joking. I couldn't tell you. Never p[layed either, but I think the general consensus is 4?
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Call of Duty 4 is still more popular in terms of Online multi-player

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

Well what weapons do you like better? Modern era or WWII era?

That's pretty much the deciding factor for me. WaW brings in some SMALL improvements to CoD4 like more things to do in single player (co-op, zombies) but it's pretty much another WWII game set in the CoD4 engine.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JamesF

While I loved 4 like a child, CoD WaW is the new thing.

If you want WWII, get CoD WaW. If you want modern warfare, get CoD4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.