legionary's Company of Heroes (Game of the Year) (PC) review

Quite Possibly... The Best RTS I've Ever Played!

Now, I bought Company of Heroes (CoH) a good couple of years ago. It was a great game when I bought it, but now Relic has decided to go all EA on us and charge us for new units via an expansion pack. This gives players that invested $30 dollars into an expansion pack an unfair advantage, and it tips the balance of online play.

On the other hand, If you like playing single player, go ahead, this game is great for single player. Unfortunately, Relic screwed the pooch on the multi-player.  Opposing Fronts was tolerable, but Tales of Valor is the one that really ruined one of the greatest online RTS experiences out there.

I feel bad for those that will never be able to experience the original CoH multi-player.

Posted by Legionary

Don't get me wrong, CoH is a great game, but Relic screwed it up with the release of Tales of Valor.

Other reviews for Company of Heroes (Game of the Year) (PC)

An absolute cracker of an RTS 0

Company of Heroes is a real-time strategy game from Relic during world war two as it follows the story of the American Airborne troops who dropped in over during D-Day. Its single player campaign will take you all the way from the D-Day landings to chasing the last remaining Germans back into their homeland, and hunting down a notorious German tank commander. On the way you will pass through famous French towns such as Carentan and will be dropped deep behind enemy lines to destroy a V2 rocket ...

The Perfect RTS 0

Company of Heroes is an absolutely amazing RTS it's campaign is so so but the multiplayer is really where it's at.  As you get into the multiplayer you find how complex this game really is.  You use MGs, Mortars, Snipers, armor, at guns, paratroopers, flanking, and more to get the upper hand on your enemy.  The game can change at any moment with a properly placed air strike or well done counter attack.  There is no resource gathering.  You gain resources by controling points on the map.Just go g...