Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

For those that are excited about this game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Are you more excited about the single player or the multiplayer? Not really that important a question to me actually, considering I can tell most people that will play this game would most likely be excited for both. But, I just wanted people to become more excited for this. It's going to be awesommmmmeeeee. And how can you not be when the former company Free-Radical (Timesplitters most notably) works on the multiplayer? That is, if you're into multiplayer. I'm not all about the multiplayer, but since I thought about it, I thought I'd mention it. So with all this being said. Whether you've played the original or not, and if you like FPS's, buy and play this game. DO IT!

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JP_Russell

Single player, for sure.  Single player is what I played the first game for and it is what I'll be playing this one for.  There wasn't enough ingenuity in the multiplayer of Crysis for me.  They created a supersuit designed mostly to take on multiple weaker enemies, then just stuck it on every player in very conventional game types.  The weapon layout wasn't really designed with multiplayer in mind, either.  I'm also just more of a single player gamer, though, and I'm really picky about how multiplayer games play.  Has to really click with me to draw me in.  

I'll definitely try Crysis 2's multiplayer out if it seems any good, though.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Cramsy

Single player most definitely. That 'New York, New York' trailer gets me so hyped every time I see it at work...even if thats like 15 times a day 

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Geno

SP, the game is meant for it. As good as its MP may be, dedicated online shooters like MW2 or BFBC2 will almost certainly be better. 

Plus, if CE3 is even just on par with CE2 I think I will be in screenshot heaven. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47

rofl, crysis....multiplayer. I mostly care about single player, however I don't care that much because the graphics could be better. It's not what I expected, however i'm sure it's fun enough playing in a urban jungle like a corridor shooter.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By face15

I'll probably end up getting this game but I'm not really that excited for it; and definitely not for the multiplayer. I'm sure the multiplayer will be good but this seems like a campaign focused games and I'm not much of a multiplayer guy anyway.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

Crysis 1 had pretty cool single player, the multiplayer kinda failed for some reason.  Even Crysis Wars tried to fix what was wrong with multiplayer but it still didn't do well.   I don't expect crysis 2 multiplayer to be succesful like COD or batlefield series, but i do expect a pretty decent single player.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.