A Natural Tetralogy Seems to Be Emerging In Darksiders 2

• 132 results
#1 Edited by CrimsonNoir (399 posts) -

oh snap! now i gotta finish the first.

#2 Edited by Castiel (2533 posts) -

This looks awesome! 

I loved the first game, even more than GOW 3. 

#3 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

Trailer Friday

#4 Edited by Polygon_Wizard (5 posts) -

Loved the first Darksiders. This looks awesome!

#5 Posted by lordofmidgets (43 posts) -

I have been looking forward to this game since end of last one, looks like it won't disappoint at all :-D 

#6 Posted by munocard (47 posts) -

Thats no "pale horse".

#7 Posted by Greenlight13 (99 posts) -

See I was convinced they wouldn't let you play as Death because the accompanying comic/general mythos has portrayed him as invincible, healing instantly from War's sword and then cutting off his arm. Heck, why am I complaining? He's the coolest looking of the three non-playable horsemen, bring him on!

#8 Posted by alternate (2686 posts) -

Selling "You play as Famine/Pestilence" is going to be harder for any successive sequels.

#9 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (319 posts) -

Was I the only one slightly surprised by Death's voice? For some reason I was expecting it to be deeper, no idea as to why. 

#10 Posted by CrimsonNoir (399 posts) -
@Greenlight13 said:
See I was convinced they wouldn't let you play as Death because the accompanying comic/general mythos has portrayed him as invincible, healing instantly from War's sword and then cutting off his arm. Heck, why am I complaining? He's the coolest looking of the three non-playable horsemen, bring him on!
that's easy, the old ones take his regenerative health from him or some other abilitease thing.
#11 Posted by HatKing (5832 posts) -
@CrimsonNoir said:
oh snap! now i gotta finish the first.
This. 

I rented the first one around the time it came out but never finished it.  I'm not sure what happened.  Maybe some other game distracted me from it or maybe I just lost interest, but I sent it back to Gamefly and never looked back.  Though, in retrospect I wish I would have just played the damned thing. 

At least I can find it now at a bargain.
#12 Posted by DeF (4808 posts) -
@alternate said:
Selling "You play as Famine/Pestilence" is going to be harder for any successive sequels.
I had this discussion with a friend yesterday. My theory is that they put Famine and Pestilence in a facebook game :) 

[click] to spend 200 souls on worldwide epidemic
#13 Posted by Sammo21 (3212 posts) -

Got my platinum in the first game.  Hopefully this one is good enough that I want to do the same!

#14 Posted by Lazyaza (2168 posts) -

I am following every single insignificant detail about this game and making the wiki as I go =D 
To say I enjoyed the first game alot would be a huge understatement, I have two copies and an S rank to prove it! lol

#15 Posted by NoXious (1338 posts) -

Loved Darksiders, very much wished it would've gotten more praise from the GB crew.
Can't wait for Darksiders 2, more biblical mythology based games please!

#16 Posted by Beforet (2912 posts) -

I should finish Darksiders...

#17 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I'm looking forward to this so Goddamn much.

#18 Posted by Alphazero (1535 posts) -
#19 Posted by TekZero (2664 posts) -

Can't freaking wait. 

And I'm instantly regretting selling my copy of Darksiders.  I always intended on S ranking that piece. 

#20 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

The more I think back on it, the more I'm beginning to think I actually enjoyed Darksiders to ME2. Silly comparison, but I spent far more time in the actual world and had such a blast tearing up demon ass in post-apocalyptic earth. 

Plus the design was just incredible. 

D2 may very well be my most anticipated game in the next year. At the very least, it's close to the top. 

To those of you who haven't played it: dive in. There are very few npcs and no towns to speak of (two things the sequel would benefit from), but what it does provide it does so with a high-level of polish.

#21 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

Guess I need to finish the first game....

#22 Posted by Apollo87 (148 posts) -
Wow 2012 is shaping to be a killer year, so far with Starhawk, Bioshock Infinite and this I'm already feeling my wallet suffering. 

@sammo21: I was only missing the health and rage things and was on the last boss on apocalyptic difficulty  when my PS3 died, haven't gone back to get the platinum since, it's just too sad. 
#23 Posted by paulunga (1934 posts) -

Okay, so next one's gonna be Famine, right?

Yeah, no, starving your enemies to death doesn't sound like fun. Pestilence/Conquest it is.

#24 Posted by Sammo21 (3212 posts) -

@Apollo87: it took me about 30-45 minutes to get into the game but after that little period of time I got addicted to it. Really fun game.

#25 Posted by spilledmilkfactory (1845 posts) -

Looks kinda cool. I never got around to playing the first Darksiders, though

#26 Posted by Cerogravian (344 posts) -

@alternate: @DeF: @paulunga:

They drop the names in the first game, the remaining 2 siblings are Fury and Strife. There's a bunch of concept art and similar if you look for it...

#27 Posted by UlquioKani (1029 posts) -

yes yes yes yes yes yes, sweet

#28 Posted by SARRISS (141 posts) -

Can't fucking wait. Death's voice was somewhat unexpected but better that I did imagine.

#29 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4641 posts) -

Yes. First one was incredible. Pumped.

#30 Posted by Greenlight13 (99 posts) -
@CrimsonNoir: True enough, they did say War wasn't at full strength in the first game and you're still powerful enough to tear angels in half, so they could easily do the same here with Death.
#31 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Loved the first one. Looking forward to an even better sequel.

#32 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

I forgot this game existed. Looks great.

#33 Posted by ch3burashka (5016 posts) -

That trailer be bumpin'.

#34 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

God, I can't f'n wait.  I found all the side stuff without guides in Darksiders 1 and I never do that.  I loved it so much.

#35 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -
@spilledmilkfactory said:

Looks kinda cool. I never got around to playing the first Darksiders, though

This.  Definitely would LIKE to get excited about this, but it's hard since I never played the first one.
#36 Posted by WiqidBritt (576 posts) -
@Alphazero: the trailer seems to suggest that this game might take place concurrently with the first one
#37 Posted by Darth_Mercer (65 posts) -

This is going to be fucking metal.

#38 Posted by Toxin066 (3255 posts) -

HELL YES. Darksiders was one of my top 10 last year. It seemed like a sleeper hit. I'm glad Vigil is giving us more.

@Alphazero: I think that's why the article is title "A natural tetralogy seems to be emerging in dark siders" ;)

#39 Posted by Crono (2640 posts) -

I'm very excited for this game! :D

#40 Edited by TheHT (10904 posts) -

This makes me want to play Darksiders 1 real bad. Death got an almost John Hurt voice going on, interesting but in a good way.

edit: woah, mercedes benz ad at the bottom of my screen.

#41 Posted by damswedon (3175 posts) -

Darksiders is my favourite Zelda game that isn't called Majora's Mask.

#42 Posted by radioactivez0r (830 posts) -

Actually what I got out of the trailer was that Death's story takes place during the period after War left Earth, when mankind was wiped out post-apocalypse.  

#43 Posted by AuthenticM (3699 posts) -

Game of the year 2012, right there.

#44 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I LOVE Darksiders. I'm sooooooo excited! I hope D2 has prince of persia parcour sequences... and for improved combat system.

You forget your post, horseman! You forget the law!

#45 Posted by ProjektGill (752 posts) -

Man, Death's face looks a lot like the mask in Splatterhouse. I never played the first game but did play the hour long demo which was awesome.

#46 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Darksiders was my GOTY last year. I can't wait to play this.

#47 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Go away car.
#48 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

Loved the first one and even got the platinum trophy. Darksiders 2 is on my most wanted list for sure.

#49 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

This game looks pretty slick, I like that you play as Death instead of War again.

#50 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I'm digging Death's voice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.