Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Wondering About The Mystery Code?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

For those who bought their copy of Darksiders, you might have noticed a slip of paper inside that yells at you "DO NOT DISCARD - Save This Code!", follow by a four-section, four digit code.  It then tells you to "go to darksiders.com to check the offer!".  It probably looks like this: 

No Caption Provided

Upon visiting the site, I didn't know what to do next, until I looked in the news of the site and there was a story about it.  Here is the link, and here are the details: 

http://community.darksidersvideogame.com/blog-post/mysterious-redemption-code  

"We know what you're thinking...what IS this code? 

Well, it's a special reward that we've inserted into our initial run of the product. We can't unveil the gift yet, but believe us: you're not going to want to miss it. 

Check back for more details later in the month OR register HERE with the Darksiders community and we'll email you when we unveil it. 

Enjoy guiding War's hand against Heaven, Hell, and those unfortunate to be caught between the two." 

Personally, I'm hoping it's some sweet DLC for being awesome enough to buy this supremely awesome game! 
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

Nope - no mystery code in my box. Just 'The Hollow Lord' code to get the Harvester for free.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jakob187
    @Seppli: Yeah, it's apparently part of a limited pressing of the game.  First some-odd copies have it.  If you buy the game new, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will get the code.  It's almost, like, a golden ticket ordeal I guess.  =  / 

Just wanted to let people know, as I'm sure someone is going to ask eventually.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By RsistncE

Wow that's really stupid that it isn't in all new copies of the game. If it's something ultra awesome, I'd be pissed if I bought a new copy and didn't have the code in it.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Relys

Why isn't it in all new copies of the game for like, the first month or something?

Great idea, poorly executed.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jakob187

Again, the idea of the golden ticket.  There wasn't a golden ticket in every Wonka bar, just like there isn't one of these in every copy of Darksiders.  It's a luck of the draw kind of thing, but it's an incentive for people to pick up a new copy of the game.  Meanwhile, everyone can be rewarded knowing that you can get the Harvester, even if you didn't pre-order the game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

But I-I d-dont have the moneeeey for a new copy! :'(
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187
    @Abyssfull said:
    " But I-I d-dont have the moneeeey for a new copy! :'( "
    STBY. 

Sucks to be you.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " But I-I d-dont have the moneeeey for a new copy! :'( "
    STBY.  Sucks to be you. "

That it does, cheers for the grain of salt btw, went nicely with my wound :'(....=P
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By AndrewB
    @jakob187 said:
    " ...There wasn't a golden ticket in every Wonka bar... "
    But how awesome would it have been if there were?
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By MildMolasses
    What is this harvester that has been mentioned? I didn't get any codes with mine, just a lovely french version of the manual. 

Now I'm left to wonder why I bought it new since I got neither of the potential bonuses
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @MildMolasses said:
    " What is this harvester that has been mentioned? I didn't get any codes with mine, just a lovely french version of the manual. 
     Now I'm left to wonder why I bought it new since I got neither of the potential bonuses "
    The harvester is a pre-order weapon you got from buying the game from specific retailers.
    It's just a scythe, exactly the same as the one you can normally, but looks slightly different and is free to buy.  It actually replaces the weapon in the shop, so you can't have both.

But it's not a download to get the weapon just a code.  So go into the options and enter:  "The Hollow Lord" (case sensitive) and you'll get it.

Disappointed to say my copy didn't come with one of these special mystery codes either.
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By mordecaix7

Well it's not DLC as far as we know.  Joe Mad and Vigil says they aren't planning anything to do with DLC.  I'm thinking it's probably a limited edition poster or some other piece of art done by Joe Mad.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RsistncE
    @jakob187 said:
    " Again, the idea of the golden ticket.  There wasn't a golden ticket in every Wonka bar, just like there isn't one of these in every copy of Darksiders.  It's a luck of the draw kind of thing, but it's an incentive for people to pick up a new copy of the game.  Meanwhile, everyone can be rewarded knowing that you can get the Harvester, even if you didn't pre-order the game. "
    Except Wonka bars were, what? A dollar? This is a $60 game. This fails as an incentive, if anything it just alienates people like me from buying the full game since there's really no good reason for me to buy one new. I'll just wait for this on Goozex.
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mordecaix7
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Disappointed to say my copy didn't come with one of these special mystery codes either. "
    Just curious, where did you get your copy?  The common thread I'm finding online is that people who obtained their copies from Gamestop didn't get a code.  Mine was from Toys R Us and came with a code.
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By VWGTI

Dude, thanks for the heads up. I was wondering what the hell to do with that thing, but just set it aside after I went to the website and saw nothing about the code. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I sure hope it's something good.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @mordecaix7 said:
    " @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Disappointed to say my copy didn't come with one of these special mystery codes either. "
    Just curious, where did you get your copy?  The common thread I'm finding online is that people who obtained their copies from Gamestop didn't get a code.  Mine was from Toys R Us and came with a code. "
    Well I'm actually in the UK, posted a question on the official website to try and find out if this promotion is only for the US.  A lot of Canadians seem to be complaining about not getting it either, there's a lot of backlash over there to the point where I'm sure they're going to address this in some way.
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mordecaix7
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Well I'm actually in the UK, posted a question on the official website to try and find out if this promotion is only for the US.  A lot of Canadians seem to be complaining about not getting it either, there's a lot of backlash over there to the point where I'm sure they're going to address this in some way."
    Oh yeah I forgot about that fact.  That was another common complaint.  I wish they'd announce it already so we can decide if all this fuss is worth it or not. 
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jakob187

Personally, as far as all the fuss is concerned...it sounds like there are a lot of Veruca Salts in the world...and I just happen to be Charlie Bucket. 

If it were a limited Darksiders poster signed by Joe Mad, I'd shit my pants.  I've wanted Joe Mad's autograph for a while.

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Moridin

Maybe they're actually SUPER rare and they're going to send everyone with a code one of the replica Chaoseater's they sent to the press with review copies. 

Blind hope aside, I have no idea. Here's hoping it's cool though, since I got one too! Haha.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By ozzdog12
    @mordecaix7 said:
    " @WinterSnowblind said:
    Just curious, where did you get your copy?  The common thread I'm finding online is that people who obtained their copies from Gamestop didn't get a code.  Mine was from Toys R Us and came with a code. "
    Got mine at Gamestop and got a code.
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mordecaix7
    @Moridin said:
    " Maybe they're actually SUPER rare and they're going to send everyone with a code one of the replica Chaoseater's they sent to the press with review copies.    Blind hope aside, I have no idea. Here's hoping it's cool though, since I got one too! Haha. "
    If that were the case, I'd crap myself stupid and ebay the hell outta that thing :)  My house is not nearly roomy or manly enough to handle the awesome might of the Chaoseater!

Well i'll ebay if it fetches a pretty penny online :)  I need some computer upgrades and a new tv :)
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By Metroid545

oooooorrr maybe the code is used to get into a once thought to be abandoned chocolate factory and everyone with the code will get a grand tour while midgets sing catchy songs
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By JJOR64

I'll laugh if it's a code to get some stupid screen saver.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Snail

I'm registering even though I still don't own the game... yet.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EthanielRain

This should be implemented at the same time the patch is (to fix the "tearing" issues).

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By c1337us

I had to go opening my case to see if I got one. Awh, I didn't oh well and I also didn't get that Harvester one as it was a pre-order bonus. I did get this stupid 13cm figurine of War though so I guess I didn't miss out entirely. Even if it is lame.

Laz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Laz

Just bought my copy today and surprisingly enough, it had one.  Something to note, though, at the bottom of the card it says "Hardware manufacturers take no responsibility for this offer." ... what the hell?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jakob187
    @Laz said:

" Just bought my copy today and surprisingly enough, it had one.  Something to note, though, at the bottom of the card it says "Hardware manufacturers take no responsibility for this offer." ... what the hell? "

WOW!  It does!  LOL  This has me REALLY curious what it is now!!! 

@Moridin: Unfortunately, this has Jim Sterling.  Not unfortunately, this Chaoseater IS BADASS AND MAKES ME THOROUGHLY FUCKING JEALOUS THAT I DON'T HAVE ONE!!! 

No Caption Provided
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By shirogane
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Laz said:
    " Just bought my copy today and surprisingly enough, it had one.  Something to note, though, at the bottom of the card it says "Hardware manufacturers take no responsibility for this offer." ... what the hell? "
    WOW!  It does!  LOL  This has me REALLY curious what it is now!!! "

I think that's just saying that the offer has nothing to do with Sony or Microsoft. 

From what i saw, the thing is US only, said quite specifically somewhere, think it was on the darksiders forums, sad.
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mordecaix7
    @c1337us said:
    " I also didn't get that Harvester one as it was a pre-order bonus. "
    Everyone gets it.  In the options menu select enter code and type this in exactly as shown:
    Boom you can haz scythe.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jakob187

You know, they still haven't said what the mystery code is for.  However, it's getting near the end of the month, so hopefully, we'll be finding out soon. 

Hell, at this point, I'd be perfectly fine with a Chaoseater for my avatar...or even War's armor...as it's on the marketplace already.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By asurastrike

It's February and still no word on what the code's for.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By apathylad

I've been wondering about this too. I got the game from Newegg and it came with the code, but I still don't know what it's for.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hamz

Maybe it is a code to get the figurine of War that I've seen some folks posting about?

If it is a code to redeem in order to get an actual life size Chaoseater sword then I may kick a puppy for renting the game instead of buying it. I will pay £10 and donate my first born to whoever is willing to give me their Chaoseater replica should this be the prize for redeeming the code!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jakob187
    @Hamz said:
    " Maybe it is a code to get the figurine of War that I've seen some folks posting about?  If it is a code to redeem in order to get an actual life size Chaoseater sword then I may kick a puppy for renting the game instead of buying it. I will pay £10 and donate my first born to whoever is willing to give me their Chaoseater replica should this be the prize for redeeming the code! "
    The figurine of War that I have came as my pre-order bonus...and by "pre-order bonus", I mean it WAS a pre-order bonus but my cousin works at Game Crazy so he just handed me one when I bought the game anyways. 

I'm now at the point where I wish they'd just say what the fuck it is and move on...
    Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Turtlemayor333

I have this code thing too and forgot all about it until seeing this thread. What's the deal?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hamz
    @jakob187: Damn I kind of wish I did pre-order it now lol. If this code shenanigans means folks get a chance of winning a replica Chaoseater I will cry though, would chop off an arm to get one. That way I could create my own cosplay gauntlet and truly feel like I am War himself!.....yup, thought into that a little too much didn't I? :(
    dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By dvdhaus

Still no update on this yet...site still says to wait

Theoryxboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Theoryxboi

Is it me or is the website to enter the code not working?
    http://community.darksiders.com/blog-post/mysterious-redemption-code

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ryanwho

If this mystery code was supposed to prevent people from buying used you'd think they would have advertised it more.

Theoryxboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Theoryxboi

Its a load of crap if you ask me. A way of luring more people to buy the game.

tmj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By tmj
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#44  Edited By wefwefasdf

I can't wait to find out what it is. I got the golden ticket!

Laz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Laz

http://ow.ly/16RX9

A digital art disc and a free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#46  Edited By KowalskiManDown

It's the code you'll need for when the apocalypse happens... gets you access to their special vault.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.