Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

Dead Island is still alive: Announcement Trailer

• 115 results
    floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By floodiastus

Atmospheric Trailer
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So it's Left 4 Dead meets Dead Rising? Sounds awesome to me. I don't think Techland have done anything like this though, slightly sceptical.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By themangalist
    @Delicious_Brains said:
    " @BeachThunder said:
    "  @ESREVER said:

" @Red12b said:

" @BeachThunder said:

" @Red12b said:
    " @BeachThunder said:
    "  Sigh, a great trailer squandered on a generic zombie shooter. At first I thought this was going to be something interesting :( "
    Zombie melee  "
    Duly noted.   Anyway, the point is that zombies are so passe. There were hundreds of other things that could have happened right after the girl reversed back through the window. Did she go through the window because she committed suicide due to being sick of the tropical resort her family dragged her to and felt it was the only way to escape the weeks of torment? Was she actually a realistic mannequin used as a decoy for another crime happening in the same resort? Was it an accident involving her competing with her imaginary friend, Thomas, to see who could perform the best backflip and consequently ended out the window? No. It was just *yawn* zombies.  I spent a few minutes on those ideas, how long did they spend coming up with the riveting premise of a zombie apocalypse? "
    what has the world come to where Zombies are no longer awesome,    Zombies are cool fuck your logic. "
    Although those are some unique takes on what the trailer could have possibly been. Those ideas sound pretty dull for a game and are pretty difficult to execute successfully. Granted, you did spend only a couple minutes on them.Besides zombies are fun to shoot/whack/light on fire. They almost always are. Almost. At least this game is doing something different with zombie formula. Sandbox RPG with Melee weapons with built-in dropin/out co-op sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Its pretty much a Dead Rising + Left 4 Dead game, with less guns. "
    Indeed, forget my ideas. But there's no reason they couldn't have spent a little more time researching and discussing enemies that are more unique/wacky/interesting. I would say there's a huge immersive quality about games with imaginative creatures such as Big Daddies, Father/Mothers, Glukkons etc... I'm sure this game will be remembered for its trailer, yet the content of the game will probably be forgotten weeks after everyone stops playing. "
    I think there's an immersive quality about games with zombies. Seriously though, whilst I do love me some zombies I still haven't played a full blown zombie game like this is describing, so I'm excited. "
    Well both Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead had little to no sense of survival in the game. This makes Dead Island sound all the more interesting by default.
    floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By floodiastus
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " So it's Left 4 Dead meets Dead Rising? Sounds awesome to me. I don't think Techland have done anything like this though, slightly sceptical. "
    The trailer sets a great tone for it, but I really hope there aint to much comedy in it, like in dead rising. 

What has techland produced before? 
    deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By deathfury
    @floodiastus: Techland made Nail'd and the Call of Juarez games. But I don't think they've tried a sandbox RPG like this before.
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Looks really awesome, loved the trailer. 
    floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By floodiastus
    @deathfury said:
    " @floodiastus: Techland made Nail'd and the Call of Juarez games. But I don't think they've tried a sandbox RPG like this before. "
    Damn, let's hope they get their shit together :/
    deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By deathfury
    @floodiastus said:
    " @deathfury said:
    " @floodiastus: Techland made Nail'd and the Call of Juarez games. But I don't think they've tried a sandbox RPG like this before. "
    Damn, let's hope they get their shit together :/ "
    Dead Island is also made by a different team than Nail'd and Call of Juarez I think. And it's been in development for a while, so it might be pretty good. I hope they show some gameplay videos soon.
    CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By CastroCasper

What does "customizable weapons" mean in a melee zombie game? Whenever I hear that phrase I think of red dot sights and decals.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@floodiastus said:

" @JoyfullOFrockets said:

" So it's Left 4 Dead meets Dead Rising? Sounds awesome to me. I don't think Techland have done anything like this though, slightly sceptical. "
    The trailer sets a great tone for it, but I really hope there aint to much comedy in it, like in dead rising.  What has techland produced before?  "
    They've made the Call of Juarez series as well as Chrome, hell even a racing game. They haven't done anything like Dead Island before though.
    Cvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Cvamp

Loved the trailer and from the sounds of it I am going to LOVE this game.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By valrog

I'm interested to see the RPG elements and limited weapon (Firearms, at least) availability.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By HandsomeDead

That trailer is so much better than the game will ever be. Better than most movie trailers too.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE

And now...the literal trailer.  God I love these.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By TwoOneFive

its definitely one of the best trailers made in a LONG time. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.